The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tool recommendation for (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569862)

airborne1 01-20-2020 06:35 AM

Tool recommendation for
 
Tightening the nut of the jack on a Fender Strat. Seen a few from Stewmac, etc., but was interested in tool suggestions from forum members. What do you use? Thanks for any replies.

3notes 01-20-2020 08:22 AM

I don't know the layout of that jack but I just use needle nose pliers. A better tool for me would be a nut drive.

Shouldn't be all that difficult to achieve.

Bob Womack 01-20-2020 08:32 AM

http://www.in2guitar.com/images4/jack.jpg

I own StewMac's Jack the Gripper and find it fantastic for the job on all my guitars and amps. I reviewed it on my little site, HERE.


Bob

airborne1 01-20-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Womack (Post 6270198)
http://www.in2guitar.com/images4/jack.jpg

I own StewMac's Jack the Gripper and find it fantastic for the job on all my guitars and amps. I reviewed it on my little site, HERE.


Bob

Thanks for the tip Bob! Its on order and will cover my Strat, Tele, and Ibanez semi-hollow.

Paleolith54 01-20-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airborne1 (Post 6270092)
Tightening the nut of the jack on a Fender Strat. Seen a few from Stewmac, etc., but was interested in tool suggestions from forum members. What do you use? Thanks for any replies.

Pliers.

Plus more non-value-added content so I achieve the 10-character minimum.

rrgguitarman 01-20-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Womack (Post 6270198)
http://www.in2guitar.com/images4/jack.jpg

I own StewMac's Jack the Gripper and find it fantastic for the job on all my guitars and amps. I reviewed it on my little site, HERE.


Bob

Excellent review, thanks.

Do know what size socket for a strat?

airborne1 01-20-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrgguitarman (Post 6270896)
Excellent review, thanks.

Do know what size socket for a strat?


Just saw a video online that states an 1/2 socket is required.

rrgguitarman 01-21-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airborne1 (Post 6270910)
Just saw a video online that states an 1/2 socket is required.

Excellent.
Thanks.

Big Band Guitar 01-21-2020 09:54 AM

If it is a hex nut then any correct size nut driver will work.

If it is a knurled nut then this one is best.

https://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tool...ch_Wrench.html

I was a electronics tech before retiring, We had one in our special tool locker along with every other kind of driver ever made.

Bob Womack 01-21-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrgguitarman (Post 6270896)
Excellent review, thanks.

Do know what size socket for a strat?

I'm glad it was useful! See the reply above.


Bob


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=