The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Carbon Fiber Vs Wood Guitars - Is There REALLY a Difference? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660400)

AeroUSA 12-07-2022 11:23 PM

Carbon Fiber Vs Wood Guitars - Is There REALLY a Difference?

Let's try this again! Please write your thoughts in the comments section of the YouTube video, thanks!

RPadTV 12-08-2022 12:07 PM

there really is a difference if you travel between places with vastly different climates :)

SpruceTop 12-10-2022 04:20 PM

Aaron, several months ago, as I was auditioning and considering buying my 2022 RainSong BI-DR1000N2, I was listening to my dealer play it for me, and he remarked, "You know, Ken, if I close my eyes, I wouldn't know if I was playing a RainSong or a fine wooden guitar." I agree with David Stutzman but will add that the harder you play a carbon guitar, the more obvious the differences will sound between it and a fine all-solid-wood guitar--and neither will sound bad.

Frankly, after owning a dozen RainSongs, three Composite Acoustics, and an Emerald, I don't care anything about the differences in tone between carbon and fine all-solid-wood guitars--They all sound great to me!

David Eastwood 12-10-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpruceTop (Post 7143666)
Frankly, after owning a dozen RainSongs, three Composite Acoustics, and an Emerald, I don't care anything about the differences in tone between carbon and fine all-solid-wood guitars--They all sound great to me!

Isn’t that the most important thing?

As far as the OP’s video is concerned, you could easily find 3 wood guitars that sounded different from each other.

AeroUSA 12-11-2022 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 7143751)
Isn’t that the most important thing?

As far as the OP’s video is concerned, you could easily find 3 wood guitars that sounded different from each other.

I agree. My post should probably have been titled “can you tell which guitar is wood?”…

new2guitar_eh 12-11-2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroUSA (Post 7143913)
I agree. My post should probably have been titled “can you tell which guitar is wood?”…

It was about which sound I liked best. That wood and CF are in the mix is kind of irrelevant....either you like the sound or you don't

RP 12-11-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh (Post 7143998)
It was about which sound I liked best. That wood and CF are in the mix is kind of irrelevant....either you like the sound or you don't

Yeh, there is that...

Captain Jim 12-14-2022 06:49 PM

As requested, I put the comments in that section of your YouTube video - I'll be interested to see how close I guessed. Each of those sound like... guitars. ;)

Mbroady 12-14-2022 07:20 PM

Subscribed and posted an opinion ...because everybody has one :)

In addition to my YouTube comment....
They all sounded good. Might have been easier to tell if in the room and not on a vid, but good stuff.

douglasfan1 12-15-2022 10:21 PM

I've owned both CF guitar and wooden guitar. I would say they really sound different. I try my best to describe the difference: The tone of CF guitar is purer. Tone of wooden guitar has the overtone of wood that I cannot get from CF guitar.

I'm fine with that. My 2 cents is that the tone of CF guitar is good enough for me to do anything. Given that the better stability of CF guitar, I got better intonation and I can play it more often without worrying about the weather change.