The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pachelbel's Canon (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544444)

MrEd 04-17-2019 12:05 PM

Pachelbel's Canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqJJlqP6N4

Pachelbel's Canon

At about 350 years old this song still stirs the soul to this day. Just a wonderful tune. I hope you enjoy my attempt at “Pachelbel’s Canon”.

Mike

Epiphone Masterbilt
Blueridge BR160 High Strung (Capo at 2nd fret)
Godin Nylon Multiac
Roland GR-55 for synth sounds

Gitfiddlemann 04-17-2019 01:08 PM

Well done! :up:
I especially liked the way you introduced the synth at about the 1:45 mark. It suits the tune well. I think Pachelbel would have approved! :)
Thanks for sharing.

islandguitar 04-17-2019 01:21 PM

That was great, Mike! Really some super tech stuff you've inserted with your different playing on each instrument.......how'd you do that? :D

A beautiful classic.........thanks for the hard work in putting that together!!!
Best,
Fred

Glennwillow 04-17-2019 01:48 PM

Nice job Mike!

Well done! And it was fun seeing little added versions of you in corners of the video screen, too! Nice little arrangement! :)

- Glenn

MrEd 04-17-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreF (Post 6039048)
Well done! :up:
I especially liked the way you introduced the synth at about the 1:45 mark. It suits the tune well. I think Pachelbel would have approved! :)
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Andre for commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed it and maybe Pachelbel would approve!

Thanks again

Mike

MrEd 04-17-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 6039056)
That was great, Mike! Really some super tech stuff you've inserted with your different playing on each instrument.......how'd you do that? :D

A beautiful classic.........thanks for the hard work in putting that together!!!
Best,
Fred

Hi Fred. The synth's are played through my Roland GR-55 using the Godin Multiac guitar which is equipped with a 13 pin interface. I have enjoyed the Roland over the years it really does open up a lot of possibilities.

Thank you for the kind words Fred.

Mike

MrEd 04-17-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6039083)
Nice job Mike!

Well done! And it was fun seeing little added versions of you in corners of the video screen, too! Nice little arrangement! :)

- Glenn

Thanks so much for commenting Glenn. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As always I appreciate it.

Mike

Imbler 04-17-2019 02:48 PM

Very nice playing and arranging. I think I've played that piece on every instrument I've learned, but never at the same time! thanks for sharing,
Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEd (Post 6039000)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqJJlqP6N4

Pachelbel's Canon

At about 350 years old this song still stirs the soul to this day. Just a wonderful tune. I hope you enjoy my attempt at “Pachelbel’s Canon”.

Mike

Epiphone Masterbilt
Blueridge BR160 High Strung (Capo at 2nd fret)
Godin Nylon Multiac
Roland GR-55 for synth sounds

Bob Womack 04-17-2019 06:53 PM

I wrote a little article about the Canon, looking into a very modern interpretation that changed things entirely in 1968. It is here: OF JOHN AND JOHN-FRANK. It became a favorite of mine in the mid-seventies when a physics professor introduced me to it. Incidentally, my wife and I beat the trend by several years and used the Canon as the processional at our wedding before it had even been heard by most people. However, as a result of seeing my lovely wife coming down the aisle to the piece, there are emotions I simply can't remove from the equation.

Bob

TBman 04-17-2019 07:15 PM

Really nice Mike, great job!

Rogerblair 04-17-2019 09:36 PM

Mike, very, very nice. Good arrangement and your pacing remained steady throughout.. not always easy. Well performed!

Thanks for sharing your talents.

Roger

rémy64 04-18-2019 07:40 AM

Very Nice!!!

MrEd 04-18-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbler (Post 6039123)
Very nice playing and arranging. I think I've played that piece on every instrument I've learned, but never at the same time! thanks for sharing,
Mike

It's a wonderful & challenging tune. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you

Mike

MrEd 04-18-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Womack (Post 6039303)
I wrote a little article about the Canon, looking into a very modern interpretation that changed things entirely in 1968. It is here: OF JOHN AND JOHN-FRANK. It became a favorite of mine in the mid-seventies when a physics professor introduced me to it. Incidentally, my wife and I beat the trend by several years and used the Canon as the processional at our wedding before it had even been heard by most people. However, as a result of seeing my lovely wife coming down the aisle to the piece, there are emotions I simply can't remove from the equation.

Bob

What a great article! It helps me understand why this tune is so emotional. Thank you so very much for this!

Beautifully written.

Mike

MrEd 04-18-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBman (Post 6039317)
Really nice Mike, great job!

I'm glad you enjoyed it Barry. Thanks for commenting.

Mike