The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone else on SS, SSI or SSDI not received the 3rd Stimulus? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614178)

Riverwolf 04-28-2021 08:24 PM

Anyone else on SS, SSI or SSDI not received the 3rd Stimulus?

I have not.
I am on SSDI and have been for 10 years.
I did receive all previous checks via direct deposit.
Wondering should I be worried?

GCWaters 04-29-2021 05:52 AM

This might help: https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/re...ecipients.html

rokdog49 04-29-2021 06:06 AM

We just got ours, but I never got my second one.
I had to apply for it as a “recovery rebate” credit on my taxes for next year as in the previous post...pain in the rear.

LeDave 04-29-2021 07:05 AM

I am on SSDI did not received mine as well, I went to H&R Block and they charged me $65 to register me in the system. I received mine afterward through direct deposit. The reason why I didn't get mine is because I have not worked for 8 years and did not have to file taxes because I never worked. The way stimulus checks work is that they take your 2019 tax returns information and if they don't do that, they take your 2018 tax returns information. I did not have either so I was never registered in the system to get the stimulus checks. Go to H&R Block and make sure they don't charge you more than $65. It may seem a lot, but it's worth it for the 1200, 600, and 1400 payments.

Mr. Paul 04-29-2021 07:33 AM

I have found this website to be accurate in telling you what the IRS is showing as the status of a stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

MrDB 04-29-2021 07:34 AM

Retired and drawing SSI. Wife got the $600 in the form of a prepaid card and the $1400 direct deposit.

I never received the $600 so took the tax credit on 2020 return.

I just received the $1400 this week so they are still processing the checks apparently.

Kerbie 04-29-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeDave (Post 6703372)
I went to H&R Block and they charged me $65 to register me in the system.

H&R Block didn't "register" you in the system. They prepared a tax return for you saying you hadn't received the stimulus check and included your direct deposit information. That's how you received the stimulus payment.

LeDave 04-29-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 6703401)
H&R Block didn't "register" you in the system. They prepared a tax return for you saying you hadn't received the stimulus check and included your direct deposit information. That's how you received the stimulus payment.

Aah so that's how it went, thanks. Good to know.

RP 04-29-2021 12:13 PM

I receive retirement benefits from Social Security and got all three payments...

Riverwolf 04-29-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokdog49 (Post 6703341)
We just got ours, but I never got my second one.
I had to apply for it as a “recovery rebate” credit on my taxes for next year as in the previous post...pain in the rear.

Isn't that just a credit towards the next years taxes?
I don't file so a credit is of no use to me.

Riverwolf 04-29-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 6703401)

So I could just file a tax return myself?

Riverwolf 04-29-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDB (Post 6703392)
Retired and drawing SSI. Wife got the $600 in the form of a prepaid card and the $1400 direct deposit.

I never received the $600 so took the tax credit on 2020 return.

I just received the $1400 this week so they are still processing the checks apparently.

Yeah, I suppose it is too early to panic :)

Kerbie 04-29-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwolf (Post 6703640)
So I could just file a tax return myself?

Absolutely. The first and second stimulus payments were prepayments on a tax credit being offered on the 2020 tax returns. So, there are places to document whether you received them on the return and if so, how much. For example, if you received neither and put two zeros in the proper places, you will receive both payments in the form of a tax credit. So, you will probably receive a refund. That is assuming you qualified for the payments and no other debts interfere with your refund.

The $1400 payments are still being processed.

BTW, SSI is Supplemental Security Income and goes only to people with a disability, blindness or an income below a designated amount. These benefits are given strictly based on need. I assume you are asking folks if they receive the usual retirement benefits from the Social Security Administration.

Riverwolf 04-29-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 6703647)
BTW, SSI is Supplemental Security Income and goes only to people with a disability, blindness or an income below a designated amount. These benefits are given strictly based on need. I assume you are asking folks if they receive the usual retirement benefits from the Social Security Administration.

Typo.
I meant any form of Social Security.
I am on SSDI and do not normally file taxes.
I received the first two stimulus monies from direct deposit.
I read that I don't need to file or do anything to receive the 1400 3rd payment.
But I have not received it yet.

Kerbie 04-29-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwolf (Post 6703836)
I read that I don't need to file or do anything to receive the 1400 3rd payment. But I have not received it yet.

In all liklihood, you still will. The 3rd stimulus payment had nothing to do with the 2020 tax return... only the first two. If qualified, the most likely reason for not getting them, was if the IRS couldn't find you. Since you got those, you will probably get the third.