The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Stephen Kinnaird 2020 (Videos added page 10) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573757)

Steve Kinnaird 03-13-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxwellt (Post 6317357)
I just have to say that that 00 sounds great.

Many thanks, Maxwellt! We're honored to garner your first post--thanks again!

Steve

vanceen 03-15-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nacluth (Post 6315878)
Here's the video for the Lutz/Claro Walnut 00 made for the 2020 BIG show.


Wow.

Gorgeous tone, and nice playing and selection.

(BTW, I've seen Steve Winwood use drop D tuning on "Can't Find My Way Home". I'd love to hear that low D on that particular guitar.)

nacluth 03-16-2020 02:51 PM

Here's the latest video from our BIG 2020 guitars. It is an Italian Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood OM. It's pretty much everything we look for in an instrument. I hope you can hear its rich fullness in this video. Pictures coming soon.

iim7V7IM7 03-16-2020 03:10 PM

Another nice demo Steve (kudos)...:up:

Jamiejoon 03-16-2020 03:32 PM

Just gorgeous, Steve! Beautiful sounding guitar. And I think I recognize that great BRW, did John have sets of that too? Is that stuff salvaged from a Brazilian warehouse?

Steve Kinnaird 03-16-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 (Post 6320033)
Another nice demo Steve (kudos)...:up:

Careful, Bob, two thumbs-up in one thread will go straight to my head.
But I DO appreciate it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiejoon (Post 6320049)
Just gorgeous, Steve! Beautiful sounding guitar. And I think I recognize that great BRW, did John have sets of that too? Is that stuff salvaged from a Brazilian warehouse?

Thanks mucho, Jamie, glad you dropped by. No, this BRW set was salvaged alright, but from a furniture manufacturer in San Antonio. They were dumping old boards out of their inventory, and an enterprising friend bought it all and resawed it into sets. I got as much as I could afford, which of course wasn't nearly enough (regardless what my wife protested).
Thanks again,

Steve

Steve Kinnaird 03-16-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanceen (Post 6319134)
Wow.

Gorgeous tone, and nice playing and selection.

(BTW, I've seen Steve Winwood use drop D tuning on "Can't Find My Way Home". I'd love to hear that low D on that particular guitar.)

Hey, thank you as well, vanceen! Drop D, huh? That never occurred to me.
I'm sure if I tried it that way it would confuse me. I've played it this way since college days. It is a lovely tune, isn't it?
Thanks,
Steve

TomB'sox 03-16-2020 06:50 PM

I commented on this video in the B.I.G. thread, but it is worth repeating. I thank Steve and Ryan for letting me have a hand with the design of this guitar and I would like to claim a high level of guitar design intelligence, but how could I go wrong with a beautiful set of BRW like that and Italian Spruce top and of course they made the magic occur.

I just hope that someone sees this guitar and takes it home as it so deserves a home and Steve and Ryan deserve to be rewarded for this masterpiece. Heck, it is getting to where we can't do anything anyway, might as well liven up this stay home stuff with this guitar!!!

difalkner 03-16-2020 07:28 PM

Beautiful guitar, Steve and Ryan, and wonderful playing! Well done, guys.

David

theEdwinson 03-16-2020 08:37 PM

So, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Well, that ancient philosophical conundrum has long since been solved, at least to my satisfaction: The chicken and the egg BOTH came first. That's not a trick-answer, it's just how it is. In my opinion.

Not to denigrate the chicken community in any way, but I really don't care so much about where they came from, or when; what I'm really curious about is, what came first, the guitar, the guitarist? Both of them seem divinely inspired, and neither one can exist without the other. But which of them impelled the other to exist in the First Place?

So here we have Steve Kinnaird, posting a couple of videos that convince me, maybe the guitar AND the guitarist came first too. I mean, the guitars Steve makes are so good, so brilliant sounding, so beautiful to behold; Steve also plays them with verve, skill, style, and nuance, and not a small share of passion too. So I'm kind of in awe, because I myself have always tended to be either a player or a builder. One or the other thing is dominant at any given time. The other fades back into the background.

But Steve, you do both things equally well. Really well.

HOW do you find the time and energy to maintain your playing chops in such fine fettle, and yet still spend that massive amount of hours building these guitars that sound so brilliant, clear, and full of color and light? Do you ever sleep? I know, both of these endeavors require a lot of time and focused mental and physical energy.

So I'm guessing that you are just blessed with an extra measure of each...?

Whatever, Brother, just keep doing what you are doing. You are shiny good!

nacluth 03-17-2020 01:56 PM

Well there is no way I can follow Steve’s praiseworthy philosophical posts with mere words, so I’m go to just leave it to some pictures. My weather wasn’t fully cooperating, so please see through my poor photography skills.

https://i.postimg.cc/xdbsxZ4T/1-FA50...689-B7-FC3.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/65Y1ynZw/267-FB...465-AE18-E.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ydmLBZKM/CD6286...487095-B87.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wT6Gq070/A22139...E73-EFC7-A.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qvqDnqcK/F29-B9...-A0-F3-AF7.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/768KpNF1/957-A4...297-D6-C84.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QCqYgWnQ/612-B8...140-E63430.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/y8GQTKnb/818490...D6283-DBD3.jpg


Thanks for looking!

Nemoman 03-17-2020 02:37 PM

I can't decide whether my favorite feature is that gorgeous top, the awesome back and sides, or the incredible headstock overlay!

It's all too good!!!

cigarfan 03-17-2020 04:12 PM

You folks sure make a nice Spruce/Rosewood guitar. I'm sitting on two of them and can state without question, they get better and better!

Beautiful guitar! :D

Steve Kinnaird 03-17-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6320192)
I commented on this video in the B.I.G. thread, but it is worth repeating. I thank Steve and Ryan for letting me have a hand with the design of this guitar and I would like to claim a high level of guitar design intelligence, but how could I go wrong with a beautiful set of BRW like that and Italian Spruce top and of course they made the magic occur.

I just hope that someone sees this guitar and takes it home as it so deserves a home and Steve and Ryan deserve to be rewarded for this masterpiece. Heck, it is getting to where we can't do anything anyway, might as well liven up this stay home stuff with this guitar!!!

Thanks again, Tom! I can say, there are worse ways to suffer than with a new guitar. And who knows, maybe there can be some gov't assistance with the purchase. Or perhaps a doctor could prescribe guitar playing as remedial therapy while confined at home. Worth a shot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by difalkner (Post 6320215)
Beautiful guitar, Steve and Ryan, and wonderful playing! Well done, guys.

David

Many thanks, David!

Steve

Steve Kinnaird 03-17-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEdwinson (Post 6320253)
So, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Well, that ancient philosophical conundrum has long since been solved, at least to my satisfaction: The chicken and the egg BOTH came first. That's not a trick-answer, it's just how it is. In my opinion.

Not to denigrate the chicken community in any way, but I really don't care so much about where they came from, or when; what I'm really curious about is, what came first, the guitar, the guitarist? Both of them seem divinely inspired, and neither one can exist without the other. But which of them impelled the other to exist in the First Place?

So here we have Steve Kinnaird, posting a couple of videos that convince me, maybe the guitar AND the guitarist came first too. I mean, the guitars Steve makes are so good, so brilliant sounding, so beautiful to behold; Steve also plays them with verve, skill, style, and nuance, and not a small share of passion too. So I'm kind of in awe, because I myself have always tended to be either a player or a builder. One or the other thing is dominant at any given time. The other fades back into the background.

But Steve, you do both things equally well. Really well.

HOW do you find the time and energy to maintain your playing chops in such fine fettle, and yet still spend that massive amount of hours building these guitars that sound so brilliant, clear, and full of color and light? Do you ever sleep? I know, both of these endeavors require a lot of time and focused mental and physical energy.

So I'm guessing that you are just blessed with an extra measure of each...?

Whatever, Brother, just keep doing what you are doing. You are shiny good!

Wow. Steve, how do I answer this? To begin with, the chicken came first. But you know this.
Secondly, at least in this instance, the player came first, guitar second.
Thirdly, much energy is spared for other things when one has their own Ryan Middlebrook working in the shop. So time for practice is not an impossibility.
And fourthly, what a kind response, thank you good sir!
I can tell you were in honors English in high school. It's always exciting to see you take the proverbial pen in hand, and I'm humbled by the efusiveness of your good opinion.

Thank you!

Steve


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=