The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Stephen Kinnaird 2020 (Videos added page 10) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573757)

vanceen 10-31-2020 10:37 AM

That was interesting.

Assuming I've identified them correctly, I think I hear differences.

The maple guitar is very forceful and loud. It gets a little congested in the low-mid range compared to the others. Probably the most powerful of the three, but not the clearest.

The rosewood had the most "wow" factor on first hearing. It sounds very much like a first-rate Martin. It seemed the most resonant to me.

The mahogany was the standout to me. I thought it was the most musical sounding. Not the loudest, but easily the clearest. If I was forced to choose, it would be my choice, as it would fit best with other instruments, being fundamentals-heavy.

Of course, it could all be confirmation bias. Or Steve could be playing differently knowing which was which. I'd still like to see an attempt at a phase nulling experiment to highlight the differences.

Fun stuff.

nacluth 12-09-2020 10:27 AM

Here's some videos that we recorded recently. We thought you might enjoy! These guitars can also be found available in the marketplace: Stephen Kinnaird Christmas 2020 Sale!

Thanks for watching!

BlackKeys36 12-09-2020 11:09 AM

That mahogany OM is special! If I had $4500 to spare atm it would already be on my wall (and being played regularly!).

Steve Kinnaird 01-10-2021 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our northern brethren will chuckle to themselves, but indulge me as I post this picture. We are enjoying a rare event in East Texas, a wet heavy snow. Here is a pic of Kinnaird Guitars West, just starting to receive its frosting. The snow has continued now for hours, but with nightfall it’s only a guess how things look as I type this. Ryan lives further north (12 miles) and he has lost power. Currently our lights are flickering, but no candles yet.

Attachment 49766

MrYelnats 01-10-2021 08:04 PM

Beautiful!...and here I am enjoying the Beautiful Kinnaird rosewood "Tone Wood Test" guitar in a California desert... without snow :D
Where's the snowman?

Guitars44me 01-10-2021 11:19 PM

Snow Day!!!

Yay for snow! Fire danger is LOW.

We are at 3500 ft in the mts east of San Diego and get a dusting or three most years. Sometimes a few inches, but gone in a few days. That is fine with me after 14 years in Alaska, and 7 more in N Az.

Stay warm and enjoy the white stuff

Hey Stan, hope all is well for ya!

Paul

TomB'sox 01-11-2021 07:04 AM

Too funny, all of Natalie's classes are closed for today! The last snow in NY here this year was 33 inches, just sayin! Kathy got enough to dust the mulched areas, but nothing accumulated on the grass.

Steve Kinnaird 01-11-2021 09:40 PM

Report from the thawing trenches: power was restored about 1 1/2 hours ago.
We got a bit over three inches, but as said it was the wet, heavy kind. Branches down everywhere, power outages everywhere. We were off for almost 24 hours.
Sooo thankful it’s back, as tonight is predicted to be 23* for the low.

j. Kinnaird 01-12-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird (Post 6602164)
Report from the thawing trenches: power was restored about 1 1/2 hours ago.
We got a bit over three inches, but as said it was the wet, heavy kind. Branches down everywhere, power outages everywhere. We were off for almost 24 hours.
Sooo thankful it’s back, as tonight is predicted to be 23* for the low.

So it's been all hand tools by candle light. Very picturesque. Such a romantic image. You must charge more

TomB'sox 01-12-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird (Post 6603023)
So it's been all hand tools by candle light. Very picturesque. Such a romantic image. You must charge more

From the consumer side, I would think he should charge less, 24 hours of electric he did not have to pay for as over head! :D:D:D

Steve Kinnaird 01-12-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6603057)
From the consumer side, I would think he should charge less, 24 hours of electric he did not have to pay for as over head! :D:D:D

But Tom, factor in frostbite and emergency trips to ER.
Must. Charge. More.