The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   NGD Fender American professional Telecaster (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506034)

Pickcity 04-05-2018 04:55 AM

NGD Fender American professional Telecaster

1 Attachment(s)
After running several American professional Teles through the gauntlet, the natural finish, Ash body won the day. It had the best neck, and is very lightweight. Absolutely phenomenal guitar, and the pickups are giving me a lot of great tones. I really like it.

I will take some better pics when I get a chance. Attachment 7103

12barBill 04-05-2018 05:27 AM

That's a nice Tele. I'm just curious; how much does it weigh?

Pickcity 04-05-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Sims (Post 5691801)
That's a nice Tele. I'm just curious; how much does it weigh?

Thanks. I have yet to weigh it, so I can only guesstimate, and I would say around 7- 7.5 lbs. It isn't a featherweight, but it is pretty lightweight for a Tele. The guitar feels nice and chunky in the neck and body, so the weight was a very nice surprise when I first picked it up. It was noticeably lighter than the Alder bodies. In the end it came down to this one and a candy apple, and this one made the cut because of the weight.

Steel and wood 04-05-2018 06:00 AM

Never get tired of looking at Telecasters!

RP 04-05-2018 06:46 AM

Very nice. Congrats....

Johnny K 04-05-2018 06:57 AM

Sweet! I like the natural finishes as well. And the Butterscotch Blond.

harpspitfire 04-05-2018 08:48 AM

really nice! but umm, but you should send it to me so i can check it out for 6 months or so- LOL

Dru Edwards 04-05-2018 11:06 AM

Congrats! Sounds like you picked the best of the bunch. Enjoy

rwmct 04-05-2018 06:04 PM

Very nice.

Pickcity 04-06-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5692103)
Congrats! Sounds like you picked the best of the bunch. Enjoy

Thanks! Yes, for me it was the best one. I was fortunate to be able to play a few and decide. I had already made up my mind that the feel of the guitar would be the deciding factor, no matter the color or anything else. All the colors of this model are pretty good, IMO. The ash felt the best, and it resonates and sustains like crazy. I'm impressed with it.

Dru Edwards 04-07-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickcity (Post 5692777)
Thanks! Yes, for me it was the best one. I was fortunate to be able to play a few and decide. I had already made up my mind that the feel of the guitar would be the deciding factor, no matter the color or anything else. All the colors of this model are pretty good, IMO. The ash felt the best, and it resonates and sustains like crazy. I'm impressed with it.

Always great when you can play a bunch of guitars and pick the best. Enjoy!

Pickcity 04-08-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5694331)
Always great when you can play a bunch of guitars and pick the best. Enjoy!

We are fortunate to have a ton of music stores around Atlanta. We have 7 GC's in the metro area. We also have Sam Ash, Ken Stanton, and many others. Ken Stanton is my fav, and where I bought this one. Those guys are great, and have been here in Atl since 1949. I believe they have 4 locations around town. If you're ever down here check them out...And on the acoustic end, look up Maple street guitars. That place is amazing.

Pickcity 04-08-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny K (Post 5691890)
Sweet! I like the natural finishes as well. And the Butterscotch Blond.

Thanks!

I was pretty much set on a butterscotch, but the ones I played, while very good, just did not feel as good as the natural I found. The neck carve on one of them in particular was near perfect, but the finish on the back felt stickier, if that makes sense...

I will say that just like my natural finish, butterscotch looks better in person. It is beautiful.

The butterscotch bodies are also Ash, resulting in a lighter weight, same as the natural...and I don't know if it is simply my imagination, but the ash bodies feel incredibly balanced, even more so than the alder bodies I played.

Thanks again! I am very happy with this guitar.

Song 04-09-2018 03:54 PM

Congratulations on your new Tele!

tippy5 04-19-2018 08:08 PM

Love it!

I got a 2017 USA Fender Professional strat. The finish is so soft on the back of the maple neck. I never felt such a finish before. It does seem to be a tad thicker than the too skinny for me, Fender C.

I would love to get it's tele cousin. Fender has really upped its game (and prices). Are you glad you didn't get the compound radius Elite? What a tele!