The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For Sale: ***SOLD - Pending Payment***Goodall Jumbo Brazilian/Master Italian (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606969)

dharwin 02-13-2021 11:11 AM

***SOLD - Pending Payment***Goodall Jumbo Brazilian/Master Italian

Well, here is a guitar that I never in a million years thought that I would sell but my shoulder just won’t let me keep playing a jumbo as my main instrument. I am therefore listing this holy grail 2018 James Goodall Brazilian Rosewood/Master Italian Spruce Jumbo. It physically pains me to let this guitar go but it also physically pains me to play for long periods of time so I’m forced to say goodbye. This guitar was purchased as a custom order through SoundPure in Durham, NC in June of 2018 and I received the guitar in September of that year. I have been the sole owner of this guitar and it has been kept in a humidity and temperature-controlled environment for the entire duration of its short life. Almost everything about the guitar was upgraded (tone woods, Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay, premium green paua rosette and “flying G”, fossilized walrus ivory nut/saddle, etc.) and this was the last set of jumbo-sized Brazilian rosewood that James had available. This guitar listed for almost $16k (see invoice photo) and the price would be even higher today and that is assuming James is able to find more Brazilian in this size. This guitar is truly a sonic marvel with thunderous bass but incredible note separation. You can really drive it or play it with a light touch and get incredible response either way. You will not find a finer Jumbo guitar anywhere.

As far as condition, the guitar is near mint except for two minor indentions on the treble side lower bout. These are almost impossible to photograph but I did my best…see just at the end of my finger in images. These are very difficult to see and I never noticed them prior to doing a serious evaluation of the guitar for this listing (and I play it all the time). Anything else showing up in the photos is dust. There is no appreciable fret wear. I am asking $SOLD and I will ship it to you (via UPS 2nd day or next day air) anywhere in the US at that price. I’m also willing to split PayPal fees. No trades. Comes with original Ameritage case with Goodall logo.

Photos located here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eYDkFmFHTLiDfyn39

Reverb listing here: https://reverb.com/item/38832512-goo...spruce-natural

Specs:
James Goodall Jumbo Guitar (Serial #BRJ6687)
Top: Mastergrade Italian Spruce
Back/Sides: AAA Brazilian Rosewood
Binding: Curly Koa
Frets: 14 to body (Evo gold)
Scale: 25.5”
Nut: 1 ¾”
String Spacing: 2 ¼”
Nut/Saddle: Fossilized Walrus Ivory
Pins: Ebony (Note: Some of the photos show FWI pins but those will only be included for an extra $100)

Please see Reverb link for my feedback ratings and buy with confidence. Feel free to send any questions my way and thanks for looking.

SuperB23 02-13-2021 11:32 AM

WOW!! Incredible Goodall, good show!! GLWS, I wish I could take this one off of your hands!!

Guest31923 02-13-2021 11:59 AM

This is a stunner! Beautiful build!

massimo 02-13-2021 04:56 PM

So beautiful

hamburg325 02-13-2021 05:31 PM

Now THAT is a dream guitar!

Transylvania 02-13-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperB23 (Post 6634399)
WOW!! Incredible Goodall, good show!! GLWS, I wish I could take this one off of your hands!!

+1..............

dharwin 02-14-2021 12:19 PM

Thanks for all of the kind comments everyone! This is a truly special guitar and will make someone very happy 🙂

dharwin 02-15-2021 08:08 AM

President’s day bump

Claymano 02-16-2021 07:04 AM

Oh man....of all the guitars I have lusted after on AGF....this one haunts me the most. I wish I could pull trigger on it!!! BTW, having purchased a very fine guitar from Dharwin before, I can attest to his careful and thoughtful analysis and explanation of the sound quality and other attributes. He also goes to great lengths in pointing out even the most minute imperfections (if any).
Good luck with the sale!!
T

dharwin 02-16-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claymano (Post 6637429)
Oh man....of all the guitars I have lusted after on AGF....this one haunts me the most. I wish I could pull trigger on it!!! BTW, having purchased a very fine guitar from Dharwin before, I can attest to his careful and thoughtful analysis and explanation of the sound quality and other attributes. He also goes to great lengths in pointing out even the most minute imperfections (if any).
Good luck with the sale!!
T

Thanks for the kind words Tim!

dharwin 02-18-2021 07:24 AM

Thursday bump for a real stunner

gibsonfan 02-18-2021 11:16 AM

Beautiful guitar but I'm the same boat shoulder wise. I'm playing OMs these days. Moved my Jumbos and D sizes (except a '51 J45). Arthritis is no picnic. GLWS! She's a beauty.

collingsnyc 02-18-2021 04:35 PM

Keep hoping this one is sold so I can stop looking at it.

Claymano 02-19-2021 08:15 AM

I know exactly what you mean Collingsnyc. I am still fantasizing about selling three of mine to finance the purchase. Somebody stop me....
T

dharwin 02-19-2021 09:58 AM

I'm sympathetic to all of you guys as I really need some one to pick this up so that I'm not tempted to keep it. It's a daily battle to not pull the listing.