The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Let me introduce the AGF to Morrissey Guitars!!!! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488546)

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberts (Post 5529079)
Tom, if you want to blame it on me it's a long walk to the back of the line....Very nice and accurate endorsement for Patrick and his absolutely KILLER guitars. When you pick one up and strum the first chord it all comes together in a way you hope for but rarely experience. Deep, dark, rolling sound that you feel in your ears and hands. And gorgeous beyond belief, as is evident in Tom's pix. Welcome, Patrick and thanks, Tom for the really great update....Robert

Well, I am more likely to give you credit as I owe this new one to you and you were NOT wrong! Thanks again for sending me down the row. It was well worth it!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattste (Post 5529081)
One of my favourite moments of the show was the singer-songwriter duo Open Book performing with Morrissey guitars on Saturday. I took home their CD.

Congratulations on the purchase!

Thank you, that performance was set up last minute or so I heard through the grapevine as Patrick was filling a late cancellation in the exhibit hall. He said those folks did a great job, I wish I would have seen it and heard it!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmh1 (Post 5529090)
Congratulations Tom!! If Robert has been involved with a guitar, that's a fine endorsement indeed. This is a gorgeous instrument and I love how Robert described how it plays! So cool!

beth

Thanks Beth, you must tell me how you enjoy your new friend when you can. Yes Robert did not steer me wrong I can promise you that.

Tom

fitness1 11-06-2017 05:24 PM

Wow - gorgeous instrument!

Nice website too....

http://morrisseyguitars.com/

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 5529097)
Congrats, Tom!

I'm not normally a burst guy, but that back burst with the Koa is absolutely gorgeous!

Time for soundclips? :D

Same here! In fact I never liked them, now I walked away with two from this years Woodstock and absolutely love them both. I agree 100%, I don't think this burst could have been done any better. It is transparent even in its darkest areas so the grain still shows through and it works so well with the natural black stripes in the Koa.

I did do some sound clips today for a fellow AGFer just with my phone and they came out pretty well actually. Give me a couple of days and I can at least post some noodling to let you get an idea of the sound which is the point of hearing it anyway. It is about the guitar, not me.

MorrisseyGuitar 11-06-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattste (Post 5529081)
One of my favourite moments of the show was the singer-songwriter duo Open Book performing with Morrissey guitars on Saturday. I took home their CD.

Congratulations on the purchase!

Highlight for me as well. That was Michelle and Rick Gedney (Open Book) They were great. I was so fortunate to get them to perform. Great vocals, awesome musicians, and really good people.

Guitars44me 11-06-2017 08:44 PM

Beautiful guitar...

What a beautiful guitar! And what,a,couple of heavy hitter endorsers!!

Way to go Tom.

And may Mr. Morrisy's herds increase... so many guitars, so little time.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Paul

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 08:56 PM

I tried to post a video clip so you could all see the guitar, but I think the file size was too large. So here is some noodling. This was just done on my Samsung cell phone. If you use headphones it sounds pretty good. Even though the recording doesn't sound too bad, it is nothing compared to the real sound of this guitar. Thanks.

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 5529225)
What a beautiful guitar! And what,a,couple of heavy hitter endorsers!!

Way to go Tom.

And may Mr. Morrisy's herds increase... so many guitars, so little time.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul, she's pretty sweet!

islandguitar 11-06-2017 09:28 PM

I did indeed strap on the headphones........killer sound!! Wonderful purchase....congrats............I enjoyed his web site as well.
Fred

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 5529257)
I did indeed strap on the headphones........killer sound!! Wonderful purchase....congrats............I enjoyed his web site as well.
Fred

Thank you Fred. Just listened to your recording there, absolutely beautiful!

invguy921 11-06-2017 10:03 PM

WOW Tom...Oh my goodness!! Awesome looking guitar! Sounds great also.

Congrats!! All that hard work you've done has offered you some sweet rewards. Did I count right...THREE new guitars?? Awesome!! Happy for you!

islandguitar 11-06-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5529263)
Thank you Fred. Just listened to your recording there, absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for taking a listen Tom! Original in DADGAD played on the Doerr Legacy from my CD with the same title.
Enjoy your guitar (s)! Enjoyed getting to know this "new" builder (who has been at it for 15 years)!

DenverSteve 11-06-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5528996)
... I have some very nice instruments, more than I deserve and I know that. .....this guitar is one of the most beautifully crafted I have ever seen and the sound rivals everything I own and have played.

Tom

HIGH praise indeed Tom.

TomB'sox 11-07-2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invguy921 (Post 5529274)
WOW Tom...Oh my goodness!! Awesome looking guitar! Sounds great also.

Congrats!! All that hard work you've done has offered you some sweet rewards. Did I count right...THREE new guitars?? Awesome!! Happy for you!

OK Michael, do you reeeeaaaalllly want to get into a guitar counting competition here hahahaha...Counting is for sissies...:roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 5529283)
Thank you for taking a listen Tom! Original in DADGAD played on the Doerr Legacy from my CD with the same title.
Enjoy your guitar (s)! Enjoyed getting to know this "new" builder (who has been at it for 15 years)!

I enjoyed it very much. I am going to listen again, I did not get that typical DADGAD feel from it, which is good as sometimes those all sound similar!
I was wondering which of your guitars you used.

TomB'sox 11-07-2017 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 5529283)

Well, the "new" is a little hard to put a handle on. I think, and Patrick can correct me if I am wrong...number 1 was 15 years ago, took a while to build and then there were classes etc., tooling up the shop, building a bit more, so that 4 years ago, full time. This guitar is number 17 and I believe he is over 20. I consider that new on the "luthier" scale and new to us on the AGF as oppose to other guys I know well who have built over 100.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverSteve (Post 5529295)
HIGH praise indeed Tom.

Yes, indeed, and I do try to withhold that for when it is really true so that my opinion holds some weight. You and I both have guitars from someone that is at the top of the game so I feel like I have something very high to compare it to.

redir 11-07-2017 07:55 AM

That burst is pretty sweet.