The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rainsong Live Stream Tomorrow! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576150)

AeroUSA 03-25-2020 03:01 PM

Rainsong Live Stream Tomorrow!

I’ll be live with Dave Coram from RainSong Graphite Guitars tomorrow at 4pm EST on my YouTube channel. Please subscribe and click the bell icon to be notified of when we go live and join us with your questions and for the chance to win a Rainsong T Shirt! youtube.com/aaronshortmusic

MiG50 03-26-2020 09:43 AM

Sounds interesting! I'll be at work, but can you post a link afterward so I can watch when I get home?

Guest 928 03-26-2020 12:24 PM

This is a very nice opportunity for Rainsong lovers. Rainsong has a long illustrious history and has experimented in many ways with the development of CF instruments. The Parlor nylon string has been one of my favorite carbon fiber instruments. A neighbor played the Parlor and has been after me to sell it because he knows that I am sitting on 4 CF instruments and can only play one at a time. I like my neighbor, just not sure how much.

AeroUSA 03-26-2020 07:11 PM

Here is the link to watch it again!

kramster 03-26-2020 07:35 PM

Cool.. I get to hang with him (Dave) a little at a few NAMM shows... a pretty cool guy of course.

55tele 03-26-2020 09:43 PM

I’m the guy they referred to that got a stainless steel refret.

AeroUSA 03-26-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55tele (Post 6330104)
I’m the guy they referred to that got a stainless steel refret.

Very cool! How do you like it?

55tele 03-27-2020 05:56 AM

Luv it. The shop that did it is in suburban Atlanta and they did a first class job

Aperio Guitars......pricing was very reasonable. Look them up.....

Dbone 03-27-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroUSA (Post 6330012)
Here is the link to watch it again!

That was informative. I didn’t realize they had so few employees.

SpruceTop 03-27-2020 08:09 AM

Thanks, Aaron, I really enjoyed your show with Dave from RainSong and I'm looking forward to your next webcast!

Ken

AeroUSA 03-27-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpruceTop (Post 6330352)
Thanks, Aaron, I really enjoyed your show with Dave from RainSong and I'm looking forward to your next webcast!

Ken

Thank you, it is a welcome distraction for me!

David Eastwood 03-27-2020 05:22 PM

Really interesting - I got about halfway through it today, and plan to finish watching it tomorrow. It's interesting to listen to the constraints Rainsong has as a manufacturer, and compare it with others.

BUT - I do have one suggestion for you, Aaron.

You really should try to find a camera angle that allows your face to be seen as you ask questions. Having that honking great microphone right in the middle is horribly distracting!

AeroUSA 03-27-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatswodo (Post 6330918)
Really interesting - I got about halfway through it today, and plan to finish watching it tomorrow. It's interesting to listen to the constraints Rainsong has as a manufacturer, and compare it with others.

BUT - I do have one suggestion for you, Aaron.

You really should try to find a camera angle that allows your face to be seen as you ask questions. Having that honking great microphone right in the middle is horribly distracting!

Yes I was just discussing that with my friend today. I’m going to either move the microphone lower or off camera or at least remove the windscreen and lower it slightly. It’s blocking too much of my face...

jonfields45 03-28-2020 07:00 AM

https://images2.imgbox.com/9b/85/0arc4KtO_o.jpg

GuitarLuva 03-28-2020 08:06 AM

Aaron, first time I seen you in this neck of the woods, welcome! I missed the live stream due to work but I did watch the full video last night and enjoyed it. I used to own a BI-WS1000N2 a few years ago. The guitar looked amazing and the body was quite nice, reminded me of a grand auditorium. The only reason I parted with it is because of the N2 neck. I just couldn't bond with that neck at all. This topic does come up from time to time in this subforum and many others feel the same way and there are others who have no issues with it. After watching the video, hearing what he said regarding the original N1 neck and how people complained it was too thin (I never tried an N1 neck) and they listened to customer feedback and redesigned it I feel they went dramatically the other way. I'm mentioning this not to knock Rainsong or cause a ruckus on here it's because I like the direction that the company is going, especially with the vintage models, but I will never buy another N2 neck guitar. Maybe if Rainsong had a presence here on this subforum they could get some feedback regarding the neck and redesign it. Maybe a size in between the N1 and N2 neck? I really do think they could increase sales with a different neck. This is just an opinion from someone who would like to have a Rainsong in their collection!