The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cover of Geronimo's Cadillac (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637267)

KevWind 01-17-2022 07:59 AM

Cover of Geronimo's Cadillac

I decided to try a production of the Micheal Martin Murphey song
Geronimo's Cadillac

This is based on the Hoyt Axton arrangement except Axton does it in E and I play it in D

Couple recording notes :
First time trying In Ear Monitors ( which I am not certain I actually like , perhaps if I get use to them ? ) and first recording using the new Telecaster w/ P 90's I got last year

The historical back story on this song is that while the US never did actually "give " Geronimo an automobile, he did participate in a 1905 publicity stunt where he sat at the steering wheel of Locomobile (not a Cadillac ) for photos . And with the artists prerogative, lyrically Cadillac works "take me back"

Chickee 01-17-2022 11:20 AM

That looks to be a lot of fun going on there, with a sad and somewhat lighthearted tune. It’s always a treat to finally see the people behind their forum names! Thank you for sharing with us.
frank d.

KevWind 01-17-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickee (Post 6908311)
That looks to be a lot of fun going on there, with a sad and somewhat lighthearted tune. It’s always a treat to finally see the people behind their forum names! Thank you for sharing with us.
frank d.

Hey Frank, thanks for taking the time to watch much appreciated ..

Glennwillow 01-17-2022 12:33 PM

That was fun, Kev! Good sound there!

It's really nice to have all those other guys helping you out on a more complex song like this! I like that new Telescaster!

Well done!

- Glenn

Gitfiddlemann 01-17-2022 12:43 PM

That was really well done, and a great sound. And it looked like you had fun doing it. :)
Is that a CS rosewood tele? Beautiful, and it was perfect for the tune.
Nice job!

KevWind 01-17-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6908380)
That was fun, Kev! Good sound there!

It's really nice to have all those other guys helping you out on a more complex song like this! I like that new Telescaster!

Well done!

- Glenn

Thanks for listening Glenn..... Ya notice how the one guy plays the Tele left handed :D

BTW the Tele sound was from same space pair of AEA N22's (used on the acoustics) except rolled over to sit in front of (@ about 6 inches) from my Supro Combo amp and Extension speaker
You can kinda sorta see one of the N22's in the tele clip at like .53 seconds

Glennwillow 01-17-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevWind (Post 6908393)
..... Ya notice how the one guy plays the Tele left handed :D ...

Yes, I sure did! I really got a kick out of that! :D

It sure is fun to put a multi-track project together like that! Good for you! :)

- Glenn

KevWind 01-19-2022 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6908410)
Yes, I sure did! I really got a kick out of that! :D

It sure is fun to put a multi-track project together like that! Good for you! :)

- Glenn

What a bit frustrating and more difficult was having both multi camera angles and multiple takes (and I forgot to do an audio start indication,,like a pick tap count in, on all the takes ) so I could not get Final Cut Pro X to auto/audio sync and had to do by hand .

KevWind 01-26-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreF (Post 6908387)
That was really well done, and a great sound. And it looked like you had fun doing it. :)
Is that a CS rosewood tele? Beautiful, and it was perfect for the tune.
Nice job!

Andre sorry for the delay in reply been having some internet issues But thanks for watching and commenting much appreciated
Actually the tele is a limited edition Malaysian Blackwood thanks agin

MakingMusic 01-26-2022 10:08 AM

Hey. That was a lot of fun to watch and a lot of fun to listen to! I know a good bit of work went into the production but it was well worthwhile. Four stars!

ReneAsologuitar 01-26-2022 10:36 AM

Hi KevWind,
Good recording, I like it very much.
The multiple video shots is very cool.
The guitar playing is exquisite. And the vocals are great.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

KevWind 01-27-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReneAsologuitar (Post 6916580)
Hi KevWind,
Good recording, I like it very much.
The multiple video shots is very cool.
The guitar playing is exquisite. And the vocals are great.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

Rene thanks much . Really appreciate you talking to time to watch and comment ..