The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Marketplace (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Two Hands Guitar Co. ~Solis~ #1 of 2 (Grand Auditorium) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543591)

Joel Teel 04-08-2019 07:05 PM

Two Hands Guitar Co. ~Solis~ #1 of 2 (Grand Auditorium)

9 Attachment(s)
Hello again, folks...as I said before, I have three guitars that were built on spec, to show at Tom B'sox B.I.G. celebration, and now that the party is over, I'm offering them for sale. If you find yourself interested in one of them, ask me and I can point you in the direction of a number of people who played them at the show, and can offer their impression of each of them.

The second guitar is my "Solis" model. It has beautiful quartersawn, straight-grained old-growth Cocobolo Rosewood back, sides & rear head plate; a Mastergrade Sitka Spruce top; an old-growth one-piece Honduran Mahogany neck; abundant flamed-Pyinma appointments and trim; an arm bevel; bound sound port and sound hole; plus a bound & purfled fretboard and front head plate veneer.

The "Solis" model is similar in profile to the Taylor Grand Auditorium. It has a 16" wide lower bout...and all of the power and presence that accompanies a guitar this size...but surprisingly, feels smaller than it actually is, because of the ergonomic comfort of the arm bevel. It has a dynamic range, and is amazingly versatile. You can find details and specs below, but first lets take a look at a few photos of this Solis. Thanks for looking.

Attachment 21252

Attachment 21253

Attachment 21254

Attachment 21255

Attachment 21256

Attachment 21257

Attachment 21258

Attachment 21259

Attachment 21260

Back and Sides: old-growth, quartersawn, Cocobolo Rosewood...
Soundboard: mastergrade Sitka Spruce provided by Brent Cole at Alaska Specialty Woods...
Neck: one-piece, old-growth, premium Honduran Mahogany obtained from the shop of a retired woodworker...
Bindings, arm-bevel, and heel cap are all highly-figured flamed Pyinma...
Purflings throughout are also highly-figured flamed Pyinma with thin ice-blue veneer lines...
center-seam inlay is segmented, and is made of highly-figured Cocobolo with flamed Pyinma.
Upper-bout sound port is bound in flamed Pyinma, and the soundhole is bound in Walnut...
Front headplate is Ebony, and carries the Two Hands logo in blue Abalone...
Headstock is bound and purfled, and has "Cosmo Black" Gotoh 510-Mini tuners...
Rosette is my "Style 1" with a single-piece Walnut Burl inner ring, and flamed Pyinma outer rings, thin ice-blue veneer lines, and white, gray and black pearl dots encircled within small copper rings...
Ebony bridge with bone pins; and polished bone, intonated saddle...
Deluxe “segmented" center-seem inlay and end graft inlay in highly-figured Cocobolo, with copper and shell...
Nut width: 1 3/4"; String spread at saddle 2 1/4"; FB radius 16";
Thirteen frets-to-body, Twenty frets total; Evo Gold frets

The price for this guitar is $6000 (plus applicable shipping/handling charges) reasonable offers may be considered.

I want you to feel totally comfortable with this purchase, so I do offer a 3-day trial period. If you find that this guitar isn't a good fit for you, send it back, and I will refund the purchase price (minus shipping charges) as long as it is in the same condition as when it left me.

If you have questions, or thoughts you'd like to share, you can send me a PM through the AGF, or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Joel

chistrummer 04-12-2019 01:12 PM

Amazing looking guitars Joel. GLWTS

Joel Teel 04-14-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chistrummer (Post 6034507)
Amazing looking guitars Joel. GLWTS

Thank you chistrummer...btw...what does GLWTS mean?

Joel

Carmel Cedar 04-14-2019 05:15 PM

GLWTS could mean "Guitar Lovers Want To Strum". Or maybe it just means "Good Luck With The Sale"... :wink:

(awesome guitar, by the way!)

mikealpine 04-17-2019 06:08 AM

This guitar came very close to following me home. My daughter is typically most comfortable with smaller guitars; her main player is a Taylor GS Mini and she has a short-scale Taylor 12-string. She played this guitar and never once said it felt too large, so Joel's assertion that the guitar feels smaller than its dimensions would indicate are accurate. And it sounds way bigger than it feels, and it sounds fantastic. The only reason it didn't come home with us is that my daughter would want a neck profile that is the same as the GS Mini, this is just a bit wider than that.

This guitar deserves a home, it is simply that good. If you take Joel up on his trial offer, you won't be disappointed, nor do I think you'll be shipping the guitar back.

TomB'sox 04-17-2019 02:48 PM

No offense meant to anyone who was there, but I think Joel's guitars created more buzz than almost any other guitar at B.I.G. This one in particular I think.

theEdwinson 04-18-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6039122)
No offense meant to anyone who was there, but I think Joel's guitars created more buzz than almost any other guitar at B.I.G. This one in particular I think.

Actually, Tom, from my perspective, all three of Joel's guitars left people happily stunned. And you should hear them now, with a couple more weeks of opening-up time. Joel was playing one of these guitars on the upstairs deck of the workshop yesterday evening, and you could hear it from a long way off- a sparkling, scintillating, hypnotic tone, every note clear and distinct, actually quite profound sounding. Joel is becoming quite proficient in DADGAD tuning, and while all three of his guitars listed here in the Marketplace sound awesome in standard A 440 tuning, something even more magical happens when they are tuned down. People thought I was hyping Joel's guitars before the show, but now you've heard Tom's take, and his word is irrefutable.
I would venture to say that Joel's guitars compare very well to many others that cost twice as much. I feel safe in saying that, because if you decide to take a leap of faith and give them a trial, it doesn't matter what I or anyone else says about them. The guitars will speak for themselves. And you will be blown away.

Joel Teel 04-28-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar (Post 6036427)
GLWTS could mean "Guitar Lovers Want To Strum". Or maybe it just means "Good Luck With The Sale"... :wink:

(awesome guitar, by the way!)

Well Duh, Carmel. Why couldn't I see this? Thanks for helping me out.

Joel

Joel Teel 04-28-2019 09:16 PM

Mike...I like your idea of building her one for graduation. We'll have a couple of years, or so, to iron out the details.

Tom...just to be included in the group was beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you for including me...and for the your support.

Steve...thanks for your encouragement and verbosity.

Joel

theEdwinson 06-02-2019 08:17 AM

Sunday bump for another superb Two Hands Solis guitar- an absolute jewel of a guitar, a rare find of exceptional quality, exhibited to wide acclaim at Tom's B.I.G. show at the end of March. All three of Joel's guitars made a huge and unequivocally positive impression on everyone at the show.

Looking at the photos, you can see that Joel's design aesthetic is super clean, elegant, and pleasing in every way. The fit and finish he puts into every guitar is flawless. You can really tell that Joel cares very deeply about this craft. He invests each one with his heart and soul.

But the looks are only the beginning. The tone is ravishing. When you play one of these guitars, the beauty and color of the sound is mesmerizing. I think Joel's guitars compare equally to others that cost thousands more, maybe even double.
If I were you, I'd do whatever I could to get one now, because Joel's star is rising fast! The only danger is, if you have some other great guitars in your corral, this Solis may make them obsolete.

scooter74 06-03-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Teel (Post 6036241)
Thank you chistrummer...btw...what does GLWTS mean?

Joel

Yes it mean good luck with the sale and bot do I wish I could afford it.

Joel Teel 06-06-2019 07:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I’m filled with gratitude for the opportunity to do what I love...for the first time in my life. I’m 53 years old, and have spent most of my adult life trying to provide a life for my family, by working jobs that left me empty and unfulfilled. Now that I’ve found lutherie, and I get to build guitars as a vocation, I embrace each and every day as a gift...an opportunity to love my life...an opportunity to be thankful...and an opportunity to bring happiness and joy to other people through the work of my two hands.

I’m filled with gratitude for being blessed, by my Creator, with the ability to create. I’m filled with gratitude for my teacher, and friend, Steve Sheriff, who has spent untold hours teaching me how to create wonderful guitars. I’m filled with gratitude for the people who have already trusted me to create, for them, the guitar of their dreams...even though I’m a virtual “unknown” in this field. I’m filled with gratitude, because I’ve finally discovered what I was put on this Earth to do.

This being said...I am confronted with a real-world situation. I need to gain more exposure for the “Two Hands Guitar Co.” brand, in order to build my client-base...just like any start-up business must do to survive. TomB'sox’ invitation to present my guitars at B.I.G. this spring, was an amazing opportunity to promote Two Hands Guitars, and the feedback from everyone in attendance was overwhelming. Now I’m trying to figure out how to build upon this exposure.

The most effective advertising and marketing, oftentimes, is presented through spokespersons (advocates, if you will) who have used, or owned the product, become intimately knowledgeable about it...and then can speak honestly about the experience to others who might be interested in trying it.

With this in mind, I’d like to reach out to this community to find a few individuals who would be interested in becoming a spokesperson for Two Hands Guitar Co, in exchange for a discounted price on one of the three guitar's built, on Spec, for Tom’s show. If you would be interested in joining the small, but growing, “Two Hands Guitar Co” family...let’s talk about the possibilities. Maybe, you too, were meant to experience the gratitude that has filled my world.

joel

Joel Teel 07-17-2019 07:14 AM

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I’m lowering the price of this guitar to $4,200...

Blessings,
joel