The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Change The World (Cover) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538609)

MrEd 02-19-2019 05:16 PM

Change The World (Cover)

Hi

This was a fun project my friend Mark and myself did. Mark provided vocals & lead guitar. I played rhythm, bass, & organ (guitar synth). Recorded in my home studio.

If interested here are some details.

I created the vocal harmony with the Melodyne plugin inside my daw (Studio One). This is my first attempt using Melodyne – I have a lot to learn. The drums are from a midi file played through Addictive Drums - again a plugin. Guitars used: Washburn acoustic WCG20SCE, Epiphone Masterbilt EF-500RCE/NS acoustic, Fender Modern Player Tele bass, & a Strat. The Washburn was recorded using a mic & direct in and also layered for better stereo imaging. Remaining guitars were DI. The Strat ran through Studio One’s Ampire. The entire project was mixed using Softube’s Console 1. I put together the video using videos and images from Pexel.com which I highly recommend.

I think any more details would just bore you so I hope you enjoy this cover of Eric Clapton’s “Change The World”.

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qx0WIZLqhU

Rogerblair 02-19-2019 08:42 PM

Holy smokes, Mr Ed, that was phenomenal. Very well done. You really nailed the vibe that Clapton cooked into this tune way back when. One of my favorites.

Your buddy’s voice is perfect for this number and the harmonies work just great.

Thanks for sharing this.

Roger

jwhelan56 02-19-2019 09:30 PM

Very nice! Awesome sound~~

MrEd 02-20-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogerblair (Post 5984835)
Holy smokes, Mr Ed, that was phenomenal. Very well done. You really nailed the vibe that Clapton cooked into this tune way back when. One of my favorites.

Your buddy’s voice is perfect for this number and the harmonies work just great.

Thanks for sharing this.

Roger

Thank you so much Roger for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it as it's one of my favorites as well.

Thanks again

Mike

MrEd 02-20-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhelan56 (Post 5984866)
Very nice! Awesome sound~~

I appreciate your comment Jim. Thanks for taking time to listen.

Mike

islandguitar 02-20-2019 06:44 PM

Wonderful, Mike! You put together quite a production! Fabulous effort for you both.......it was great!

Karel 02-21-2019 07:47 AM

Wow, great cover! Your voice is a little subdued in the mix but nice to listen to. Instrumentally flawless. Bravo!

Kerbie 02-21-2019 07:56 AM

Very nice... I liked it! I'd also make the voice more prominent... and the drums less so. But that's an easy fix... great job! I enjoyed it.

MrEd 02-21-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 5985725)
Wonderful, Mike! You put together quite a production! Fabulous effort for you both.......it was great!

Thank you for taking time to listen/watch. This kind of project is so enjoyable - no stress - no deadline to meet. Just fun.

Mike

MrEd 02-21-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karel (Post 5986087)
Wow, great cover! Your voice is a little subdued in the mix but nice to listen to. Instrumentally flawless. Bravo!

I'm glad you enjoyed it Karel. The vocals are not mine - it's my friend Mark. I wish I could sing. :) I appreciate your comments.

Thank you

Mike

MrEd 02-21-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 5986096)
Very nice... I liked it! I'd also make the voice more prominent... and the drums less so. But that's an easy fix... great job! I enjoyed it.

Thanks Kerbie for taking the time to comment. I only mixed it about 1000 times so I'm sure I got right somewhere in between. :) I appreciate your suggestions.

Mike

Kerbie 02-21-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEd (Post 5986118)
Thanks Kerbie for taking the time to comment. I only mixed it about 1000 times so I'm sure I got right somewhere in between. :) I appreciate your suggestions.

Lol... :D

As a drummer, I'd be delighted if you just make it a drum solo... :D And the guitars sound great!

MrEd 02-22-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 5986124)
Lol... :D

As a drummer, I'd be delighted if you just make it a drum solo... :D And the guitars sound great!

I think layering the main guitar riff made a such a better track. Thanks Kerbie for noticing.

Mike

strumming 02-23-2019 11:14 AM

Very nice! Great job!

Glennwillow 02-23-2019 11:21 AM

Nice job on this Mike. Quite a production! :)

- Glenn