The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The River's Gonna Run - Buddy Miller/Julie Miller - cover (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502974)

PajamasMusic 03-10-2018 09:28 AM

The River's Gonna Run - Buddy Miller/Julie Miller - cover

Another awesome tune I've had on my iPod for years and thought I'd like to try and cover.

flatbaroque 03-14-2018 02:50 PM

Wow.That was great.Can't understand lack of comments on this.Really enjoyed it.

PajamasMusic 03-15-2018 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatbaroque (Post 5669243)
Wow.That was great.Can't understand lack of comments on this.Really enjoyed it.

Thank you. Listening to it again after a few days, I realize the vocals are a little weak. I can do better. Been playing it out with mixed results, but I think I can develop it to a passable level.

KevWind 03-15-2018 04:01 PM

Outstanding once again you nailed the prosody so well ,
I think the vocal is fine
For recording and mixing and to ad a bit of interest to the vocal have you thought about perhaps doubling just a few vocal phrases
say for example in the chorus (And when the thunderheads start beating like drum) and then again at (And the river's gonna' run) as opposed to just upping the level of that phrase

Glennwillow 03-17-2018 09:48 AM

Nice job on this Mark! Very enjoyable!

- Glenn

PajamasMusic 03-20-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevWind (Post 5670310)
Outstanding once again you nailed the prosody so well ,
I think the vocal is fine
For recording and mixing and to ad a bit of interest to the vocal have you thought about perhaps doubling just a few vocal phrases
say for example in the chorus (And when the thunderheads start beating like drum) and then again at (And the river's gonna' run) as opposed to just upping the level of that phrase

Doubling - that is an interesting idea. Still trying to figure out how to do fade-outs :) But yeah, that is definitely something worth looking into. Thanks Kev!

PajamasMusic 03-20-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 5671986)
Nice job on this Mark! Very enjoyable!

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn. As always, I appreciate your listening and critique. I think your recordings are so immaculately produced and should be used as a benchmark for others to aspire.

wooster 03-21-2018 11:16 AM

Really like this. Also the vocals sound pretty good to me.

PajamasMusic 03-22-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooster (Post 5676368)
Really like this. Also the vocals sound pretty good to me.

Thanks very much. A little wobbly in spots, I think. I need to work on my consistency.