The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ordered an Emerald X20 . . . Shipping this week! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654319)

Batmitestar 09-22-2022 09:06 AM

Ordered an Emerald X20 . . . Shipping this week!

Thanks to all for all the info here!

After a totally normal and completely sane amount of internetting, and after talking myself into and out of it at least 100 times, I have pulled the trigger on a custom X20, with the options being vibrant green weave and the HyVibe pickup.

I'm sure the time willl pass quickly, right?

David Eastwood 09-22-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmitestar (Post 7091893)
Thanks to all for all the info here!

After a totally normal and completely sane amount of internetting, and after talking myself into and out of it at least 100 times, I have pulled the trigger on a custom X20, with the options being vibrant green weave and the HyVibe pickup.

I'm sure the time willl pass quickly, right?

Congratulations!

What led you to consider a CF guitar?

Batmitestar 09-22-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 7091919)
Congratulations!

What led you to consider a CF guitar?

Lots of factors, but overall, I just want to try the modern (some might say blasphemous) version of today's acoustic guitar. I'm especially attracted to the HyVibe loooper and metronome features.

I set a filter at $3,500 in Reverb and pored over the choices, being tempted by things like a Southern Jumbo or a Taylor 712ce or 812ce. But ultimately, everything was just another slight variation of what I already have, a fantastic Eastman E20SS and a Taylor 224K-Deluxe. I have standard and short scale, all solid and laminate b/s. So while a Gibson or another Taylor would be a marginally different tone or feel, an Emerald will be an entirely refreshing experience.

I'm not a gigging musician (or even a musician, honestly) but I enjoy playing and learning, and I don't want to miss out on the newest and most up to date implements. Certainly I don't want to miss out just for the sake of adhering to tradition.

KevinH 09-22-2022 11:35 AM

Congrats on the new X20. Yes, the wait is really easy. Be there before you know it. :wink:

Those are mostly the same reasons I bought an X20. One thing you'll notice right off is how comfortable it is to play. Just fits like a glove.

I'll be interested to hear your impressions of the HyVibe.

Here's to a short wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmitestar (Post 7091961)
Lots of factors, but overall, I just want to try the modern (some might say blasphemous) version of today's acoustic guitar. I'm especially attracted to the HyVibe loooper and metronome features.

I set a filter at $3,500 in Reverb and pored over the choices, being tempted by things like a Southern Jumbo or a Taylor 712ce or 812ce. But ultimately, everything was just another slight variation of what I already have, a fantastic Eastman E20SS and a Taylor 224K-Deluxe. I have standard and short scale, all solid and laminate b/s. So while a Gibson or another Taylor would be a marginally different tone or feel, an Emerald will be an entirely refreshing experience.

I'm not a gigging musician (or even a musician, honestly) but I enjoy playing and learning, and I don't want to miss out on the newest and most up to date implements. Certainly I don't want to miss out just for the sake of adhering to tradition.

jzucker 09-22-2022 12:15 PM

what's the wait time? I'm looking for a simple, black X10 but they have nothing in stock so I'll have to make a custom order...

Batmitestar 09-22-2022 12:19 PM

The invoice states 2-months lead time. I've not enough experience with Emerald to know how much tolerance is on that spec.

David Eastwood 09-22-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzucker (Post 7092035)
what's the wait time? I'm looking for a simple, black X10 but they have nothing in stock so I'll have to make a custom order...

You might want to ask them if they’ve got anything in the pipeline for stock that would fit the bill. I doubt there’s any way to reserve one, but it might be worth a try.

jzucker 09-22-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 7092040)
You might want to ask them if they’ve got anything in the pipeline for stock that would fit the bill. I doubt there’s any way to reserve one, but it might be worth a try.

I have a call with them scheduled for tomorrow. I would consider the vine one they have in stock but I think i just want plain dots...

Bghd 09-22-2022 01:07 PM

Congrats on the leap of faith. I took my first in about 2017 and am loving my x20 as are many of my friends who have played it. I just put in an order for a custom x30 last week (QM top in Teal, vibrant back and sides, gold vines/leaves, black hardware to direct the focus on the inlay and beautiful face of the guitar, baggs, 1 7/8" neck for easier finger picking), so I feel your pain in waiting. Ordered this after playing several Collings, some Eastwoods, and a Taylor 914CE that called to me, but I eventually realized it was an Emerald that I really wanted for several great reasons you will soon enjoy.
Since I have not bought in a few years, I can't speak to the accuracy of the build time, it was 4 months when I last bought. I know you're hoping that actual time is less. In my opinion, the hardest part of the wait was shipping. There was no shipping videos then that I recall, but I think I got an e mail telling me it was shipping. It took a couple of days in Ireland, then if I recall correctly, tracking eventually told me that the guitar was in Jersey, which I would have driven to, but USPS will not allow pickup. You could see it was in transit to another facility for a couple of days, then eventually it was 'out for delivery'. Now with the shipping videos, I'll be able to see that it's done, get all anxious, and then the shipping wait begins.
Anyway, it seems that both you and I will have a treat sometime in November or December. Although I would love to have it now, I'll be very happy with having it by Christmas.
Again, congrats. I don't think you will regret the leap of faith in any way.

Batmitestar 09-22-2022 02:50 PM

Would red do?

My mistake

KevinH 09-22-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmitestar (Post 7092036)
The invoice states 2-months lead time. I've not enough experience with Emerald to know how much tolerance is on that spec.

They quoted me 2 months when I ordered my X20 10 months ago. It arrived just about to the day of their quote. I went with the upgraded shipping, which I understand can save you about a week.

Batmitestar 09-22-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinH (Post 7092174)
I went with the upgraded shipping, which I understand can save you about a week.

I did the same, figuring the wait is torture enough without the mystery shipping. And once I'm at this price, if the thing I want to enhance it is a mere c-note, I'm pretty quick to click.

How do you like your Emerald?

Captain Jim 09-22-2022 07:27 PM

Congrats! I hope your first Emerald experience is as good as mine was. I didn't know what to expect, but it exceeded those unknowing expectations. ;) The two months will likely seem a bit longer, and then when it arrives, you will forget about the wait... until you order your next one. :D

Looking forward to your NGD post in the not too distant future.

KevinH 09-22-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmitestar (Post 7092183)
...How do you like your Emerald?

Really like it. Even though I'm not a big fan of OM and larger sizes, It's super comfortable. And a work of art. Emerald's workmanship is second to none. Has a nice bass presence, but isn't overpowering. It doesn't sound like any of my other guitars, which is what I was after.

Aaronkn 09-23-2022 02:36 PM

Build time

As far as the build time, I placed the order for my X20 on August 3rd, and received the UPS notification on September 16th with my guitar being in the September 17th shipping video. So it was right around 6.5 weeks for the build. Tracking info is listing delivery expected this coming Monday 9/26. Really getting anxious . . . Monday can't come soon enough.