The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why did Bill Belichick leave Jets? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535010)

Bax Burgess 01-17-2019 11:49 PM

Why did Bill Belichick leave Jets?

Was this ever explained?

raysachs 01-17-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bax Burgess (Post 5951935)
Was this ever explained?

How much time you got? There’s a pretty good explanation in Bill Parcel’s book and I think there was a 30 for 30 TV documentary about it. I think it was 30 for 30, something like that anyway, that ended with the two Bills being interviewed together. I couldn’t begin to explain it - too convoluted to remember the details unless you really care. I never cared enough to dedicate any long term RAM to it...

-Ray

robj144 01-18-2019 12:04 AM

Most things are on the internet:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/02/bill-b...s-in-espn-doc/

;)

Bax Burgess 01-18-2019 12:31 AM

Thanks. After reading the article, I wouldn't want to go to the lengths necessary to explain it either.

Wadcutter 01-18-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bax Burgess (Post 5951935)
Was this ever explained?

Yes. The reason he left the Jets is that they told him he couldn’t wear team sweatshirts with the sleeves cut off with a dull kitchen knife on game day.

Bax Burgess 01-18-2019 10:36 AM

He looks underdressed only because he's lacking a Grand Poobah hat. Pat fans, design one for him.

Dru Edwards 01-18-2019 05:53 PM

Regardless of the reason he made the right choice.

_zedagive 01-18-2019 06:26 PM

Better question: Why did the Browns run him out of town?

Dru Edwards 01-19-2019 08:57 AM

I'm hoping that when Belichick retires that he'll be able to sit down and do some great interviews or pre-game shows where he can share his thoughts on things. Something much more than what he does now.

marty bradbury 01-19-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5952737)
Regardless of the reason he made the right choice.

Yep. I couldn't have put it any better.

robj144 01-19-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5953195)
I'm hoping that when Belichick retires that he'll be able to sit down and do some great interviews or pre-game shows where he can share his thoughts on things. Something much more than what he does now.

Did you ever watch the "Do your job..." thing on him?

He opens up a bit.

rokdog49 01-21-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _zedagive (Post 5952770)
Better question: Why did the Browns run him out of town?

First and foremost...
He committed THE MORTAL SIN and announced that he was replacing home town hero Bernie Kosar at QB citing "diminishing skills" as his reason. He did it at a press conference to the Cleveland Sports Media, literally out of nowhere. Even if it was justifiable and it may well have been, this was a horrific way to treat a player who was loved by the fans and led the Browns to the playoffs multiple times. His delivery of the decision was cold, heartless and he came off badly. He had no idea how deeply Bernie was entrenched in the hearts of Browns fans. His relationship with the media and the fans in Cleveland went from already pretty bad to terrible. He was already terse and snooty in his post-game stuff and he hadn't done diddly squat to earn that right. That was the beginning of the end. He's lucky he got out of town in one piece.
Bill has admitted publicly he totally mishandled his relationship with the press and the fans in Cleveland as well as the Bernie Kosar thing.
While I don't hold any ill feelings toward him myself, I do believe he is a very weird and pathetic figure. If you espouse to "winning is everything", he's your boy. And so, as a player, once you're used up in his eyes, you're unceremoniously gone.