The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Check out the new "Standard" Emerald models (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414681)

kbenson 01-10-2016 09:01 AM

Check out the new "Standard" Emerald models

I was just looking at the Emerald website. New "standard" models now include a X20 12 string, X20 baritone, X20 7 string fan fret and an X20 nylon string. The nylon string is gorgeous and Evan is recognized as a driving force behind the development of carbon fiber nylon strings.

I wonder if there is a new X10 model coming.

Thanks Alistar and Evan for pushing the boundaries.

Uncle Pauhana 01-10-2016 10:13 AM

The headstock on the nylon string may be the most beautiful I've seen. But the fact that it requires so much hand work by Alistair makes it relatively pricey, for an Emerald. But it's still reasonable for what is essentially a custom instrument.

Guest 928 01-10-2016 10:23 AM

kbenson;

Alistair is renewing the X10 line. I should be receiving the new X10N within a few weeks and pictures should be showing up on this forum within that time frame. In my estimation, Alistair doe not just make fine musical instruments, he makes beautiful works of art.

RustyZombie 01-10-2016 01:05 PM

I've been having chronic GAS for an Emerald, but the fact that I'd have to buy one sight unseen and that larger financial priorities keep popping up have kept me from getting one.

I do kind of hope they keep the traditional soundhole. I'm a bit of an odd duck in that I like the tone of soundhole pickups.

Guest 928 01-10-2016 01:23 PM

Rusty;

If and when Alistair starts his instrument road trips you will have the chance to hold, play, and decide. Something to look forward to.....

kbenson 01-10-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanB (Post 4783023)
kbenson;

Alistair is renewing the X10 line. I should be receiving the new X10N within a few weeks and pictures should be showing up on this forum within that time frame. In my estimation, Alistair doe not just make fine musical instruments, he makes beautiful works of art.

Thanks for the info Evan. I have X20 6 and 12 strings which are fantastic. I agree - they are works of art that play and sound as good as they look.

My next Emerald may be a new X10, (or a X20N or a synergy)! So many great choices.

tbeltrans 01-11-2016 10:48 AM

This is absolutely beautiful...

Emerald Guitars: Amicus (B,F#,B,D,F#,B):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj9ElCc5Tyg

Tony

mikealpine 01-11-2016 02:09 PM

I'm hoping for an Emerald electric guitar.

jim1960 01-11-2016 02:18 PM

I haven't been able to access their site all day.

Alistair Hay 01-11-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1960 (Post 4784671)
I haven't been able to access their site all day.

Something went wrong with our site during an update this morning. We are working on it but in the mean time don't panic. We are still here. Ok Im panicking just a little bit myself.
I know how to build guitars but the workings of a website is a completely foreign language to me.
Yes as you saw we are expanding our range. We have selected some of the customs we were building most often and have built production tooling for them.
There are a few others in the pipeline also including the X10 and a new full size harp guitar.
The other news that may not have been picked up on is that the X20 is now available in left handed. Until now we could only offer the non cutaway designs as lefty but we are now completing a Lefty X20 mould giving Leftys the proper Emerald experience.
This will be the only dedicated Lefty cutaway carbon guitar in the market I think
We have been pretty busy over here and going by the recent response thats not going to change any time soon.
Thanks for all the amazing encouragement and words of affirmation over the last few days. My inbox has been bouncing.
Alistair

jim1960 01-11-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alistair Hay (Post 4784822)
Something went wrong with our site during an update this morning. We are working on it but in the mean time don't panic. We are still here. Ok Im panicking just a little bit myself.
I know how to build guitars but the workings of a website is a completely foreign language to me.

I blame kbenson. He was the last person to touch it and now it's broken.

Uncle Pauhana 01-11-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1960 (Post 4784876)

kbenson:

I want you to apologize right now, young man, and tell that nice Mr. Hay that you won't monkey around with his website any more!

Captain Jim 01-11-2016 06:27 PM

Seems the last week or so, most of the posts in this CF sub-forum have been regarding Emerald. I wrote to ask them about current time from order to delivery and was told "4 months" on a standard model.

I'll be interested to see how the "road trip" plays out. I put my name in.

Guest 928 01-11-2016 07:07 PM

This is hot stuff! Rainsong is sort of stogy, takes its time and goes for a long run. Peavey is still living in the past, Blackbird is creative as all get out, but takes its time. Alistair is running free.

I've met Alistair, and he has become one of my indulgences. I've lived a Spartan life but I've retired to a number of indulgences; I smoke, drink, play guitar, write, garden, and, as my wife of 49 years puts it, pretty much do what I want to do. I want to support a luthier who is advancing 500 years of R&D for guitars.

I count myself as a patron and I give a little water for the brush. Alistair is now making my 3rd Emerald CF nylon string guitar. I think that's pretty exciting stuff and one reason Alistair is a person of interest. He is serving up one innovative instrument after another. I love it!

kbenson 01-11-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1960 (Post 4784876)

I'm sorry. I was drooling all over it!