The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Week 16 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566985)

Dru Edwards 12-19-2019 04:22 PM

NFL Week 16
 
Week 16. No Thursday night game but there are a few games on Saturday.

What story lines are you following this week?

Bax Burgess 12-19-2019 10:42 PM

Dak P, if his shoulder forces him to leave the game, who's the backup?

Fogducker 12-19-2019 11:19 PM

The Detroit Lions owner, 94 year old Martha Ford, has decided to keep the current GM and coach, Quinn/Patricia, for another year-------SOL (Same old Lions), 63 years of trash football! I'm starting to question that old saying about a blind hog finding a truffle once in awhile!

Fog

robj144 12-19-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogducker (Post 6244142)
The Detroit Lions owner, 94 year old Martha Ford, has decided to keep the current GM and coach, Quinn/Patricia, for another year-------SOL (Same old Lions), 63 years of trash football! I'm starting to question that old saying about a blind hog finding a truffle once in awhile!

Fog

They actually aren't that bad. They've been in pretty much every game and their starting QB was injured for a while and just went on IR.

1neeto 12-20-2019 01:22 AM

Important divisional game for the Patriots.

Dru Edwards 12-20-2019 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1neeto (Post 6244163)
Important divisional game for the Patriots.

Yea. Patriots/Bills isn't going to be as easy as all those other years.

Is Brady banged up as much as I've read? In the past 4 games he's been terrible. He doesn't have the support from his wide receivers (dropped passes, missed routes) but he's always been able to still be very effective in those situations. In those 4 games he has the lowest completion percentage and QBR of any QB that has played in all those 4 games.

Neil K Walk 12-20-2019 06:04 AM

Personally, I'm enjoying the parity in the AFC. Too bad for Tom, but he's had his turn hoisting the Lombardi. Several times. Time for new blood - and no, I don't expect that there will be a parade in Pittsburgh. We've got our own problems.

Still, it would be nice to see the Bills get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They're due. As for the parade, I have a feeling it may be in Baltimore this coming February.

Let's not wish the rest of the season away though, shall we? The Steelers are heading to the Meadowlands to pay Leveon Bells and a visit to the New Jersey J-E-T-S (Just End The Season.) ;)

raysachs 12-20-2019 06:46 AM

Meanwhile, over in the NFL Least, my 7-7 Eagles and the 7-7 Cowboys will match-up in a game that, remarkably, someone kinda has to win. If they could both lose, I'm sure they'd find a way. The Eagles have two healthy wide receivers this week, both of whom were mainstays of the practice squad less than a month ago, and a decimated O-line. They needed semi-miraculous QB play by Carson Wentz just to squeak by the atrociously bad Giants and Redskins the past two weeks, after losing to the equally horrible Dolphins the week before. Dallas, meanwhile, is relatively healthy and coming off a win over the pretty good Rams. So, barring, a massive choke, Dallas should win. But massive chokes are what the Cowboys DO! So we'll see.

One of these poor teams will win and have the honor of being absolutely humiliated by an actual football team the first week of the playoffs. I've hated the Cowboys longer and deeper than any other franchise in sports but I almost kind of hope they win this one, so it's them that get's wasted by the 49ers or Vikings or whoever in the first week of the playoffs... I fully expect to be watching this year's playoffs without a dog in the hunt, at which point I can just hope for the Patriots and Cowboys to lose, but it's a low stress kind of thing when you're team is out playing golf...

-Ray

rmp 12-20-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6244188)
Yea. Patriots/Bills isn't going to be as easy as all those other years.

Is Brady banged up as much as I've read? In the past 4 games he's been terrible. He doesn't have the support from his wide receivers (dropped passes, missed routes) but he's always been able to still be very effective in those situations. In those 4 games he has the lowest completion percentage and QBR of any QB that has played in all those 4 games.


I think he is... Reports of the elbow from the local talking heads. he's accuracy has been off for sure.

I do think this game against the Bills will be a test for the Pats. They're going to show up hungry.

A slow start and this anemic red zone offense is going to have to be avoided.

Neil K Walk 12-20-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmp (Post 6244298)
I think he is... Reports of the elbow from the local talking heads. he's accuracy has been off for sure.

I do think this game against the Bills will be a test for the Pats. They're going to show up hungry.

A slow start and this anemic red zone offense is going to have to be avoided.

Unfortunately, he's not the only franchise QB with elbow problems...



...nor would he be the first to have a career end because of them:


harpspitfire 12-20-2019 08:49 AM

the good news is big ben and tomlin will be back next year!!- as you can tell im not a Pittsburgh fan - LOL

k_russell 12-20-2019 09:36 AM

I have a Pennsylvania Super Bowl fantasy. I live in New Jersey. Both PA teams could win a playoff spot, but they have to win this week.

Eagles and Steelers in the Super Bowl? Not very likely this year.

robj144 12-20-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6244188)
Yea. Patriots/Bills isn't going to be as easy as all those other years.

Is Brady banged up as much as I've read? In the past 4 games he's been terrible. He doesn't have the support from his wide receivers (dropped passes, missed routes) but he's always been able to still be very effective in those situations. In those 4 games he has the lowest completion percentage and QBR of any QB that has played in all those 4 games.

Brady is banged up more often than people think, he just never tells anyone about it. I remember about 5 years or so, give a take a year or two, he was a little off at the end of the year but no one really noticed. Then, he had surgery on his foot just after the year ended without really telling anyone. He also had cracked ribs a few years ago he played through without anyone knowing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil K Walk (Post 6244241)
Personally, I'm enjoying the parity in the AFC. Too bad for Tom, but he's had his turn hoisting the Lombardi. Several times. Time for new blood - and no, I don't expect that there will be a parade in Pittsburgh. We've got our own problems.

Still, it would be nice to see the Bills get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They're due. As for the parade, I have a feeling it may be in Baltimore this coming February.

Let's not wish the rest of the season away though, shall we? The Steelers are heading to the Meadowlands to pay Leveon Bells and a visit to the New Jersey J-E-T-S (Just End The Season.) ;)

It would be nearly impossible for the Bills to get home field throughout the playoffs this year. That is basically owned by the Ravens.

jpd 12-20-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogducker (Post 6244142)
The Detroit Lions owner, 94 year old Martha Ford, has decided to keep the current GM and coach, Quinn/Patricia, for another year-------SOL (Same old Lions), 63 years of trash football! I'm starting to question that old saying about a blind hog finding a truffle once in awhile!

Fog

Bad Karma all over that franchise! Martha should sell and head to the Bahamas. On the other hand, it gives her a place to get out of the castle.

jpd 12-20-2019 10:32 AM

week 16
 
Can the Rams step up and take down the 9'rs? Seattle is chomping at the bit for week 17;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=