The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   It's a Good Morning (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518906)

HHP 08-18-2018 03:59 AM

It's a Good Morning

Got up about 4:45 AM, got a cup of Green Mountain Dark Magic and about to make another. Sunrise in about an hour and have the fishing stuff ready to go, probably hit the lake just before full Sun up. Temperature is about 67 degrees F and it will only go up to the mid-80's later.

Resident bass have been a little lethargic lately so today I will use a Senko rig which I haven't done in 10 plus years. Should be a slow paced fishing.

Monday, I get my trigger finger issue dealt with so I can go back to a normal playing schedule.

Kerbie 08-18-2018 04:03 AM

Have fun, HHP. Let us know what you catch...

Good luck with the trigger finger. I've got a buddy dealing with that... makes playing a guitar difficult.

Cabarone 08-18-2018 04:16 AM

Good luck...hope you're not getting the rain we are just now...if you catch enough for some sammiches hit me up...;)

Dru Edwards 08-18-2018 04:41 AM

Sounds like a great start to the day, HHP. I'm having a cup of instant at the moment and unlike many people I do enjoy it.

Happy fishing!

Cabarone 08-18-2018 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5812220)
Sounds like a great start to the day, HHP. I'm having a cup of instant at the moment and unlike many people I do enjoy it.

Happy fishing!

Hey, brother, a cuppa joe is a cuppa joe...Gertrude Stein said that...

frankmcr 08-18-2018 09:20 AM

Any morning that starts at 4:45 is by definition not a good morning.

Nyghthawk 08-18-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmcr (Post 5812403)

Whereas I love fishing, large mouth bass in particular, I am not getting up at 4:45 unless my bladder makes me. I have never gone deer hunting or duck hunting for this reason. All my friends who did wanted to get up at ungodly hours and leave the house with their coffee in a thermos. Bad plan.

Enjoy the fishing! Hope the trigger finger thing gets fixed soon.

cotten 08-18-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmcr (Post 5812403)

I laughed at this! That my sentiments exactly, though I have a friend who gets up every morning at 4:00. He spends an hour in "personal time" (the kind we don't discuss here), then an hour of working out before waking his wife and children with the smell of their breakfast cooking. As much as I admire his devotion to this routine, I would prefer to start my day, umm, somewhat later. :guitar:

HHP 08-18-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotten (Post 5812504)
I laughed at this! That my sentiments exactly, though I have a friend who gets up every morning at 4:00. He spends an hour in "personal time" (the kind we don't discuss here), then an hour of working out before waking his wife and children with the smell of their breakfast cooking. As much as I admire his devotion to this routine, I would prefer to start my day, umm, somewhat later. :guitar:

I will usually wake up on my own between 4:30 and 5:15. I mean wide awake so going back to sleep in not an issue. My dog even orders a more gentlemanly rising time so he stays sacked out long after me. He just shifts from his dog bed to my bed. He likes the whole "hot bunking" concept.

I do like to be on the water before full sunrise as that can be the most productive time of the day. Only problem is, with modern fishing line, I can barely see it well enough to string the rod and tie knots.