The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   MLB Playoffs 2018 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523587)

robj144 10-03-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David M123 (Post 5852919)
OK, I'm jumping the gun, but I think it's long odds that the Yanks will beat Oakland.

So, that means Oakland is playing the Sox. :D

Murphy Slaw 10-03-2018 05:25 AM

Cubs can't score, which makes it impossible to move on.

Glad that's over....

Fogducker 10-03-2018 05:45 AM

Colorado has a severely good bull pen! I now join the Cleveland bunch, I hope I don't bring bad luck with me!

Fog

Larpy 10-03-2018 09:53 AM

Not to diminish the Rockies' performance last night, but the Cubs more or less beat themselves. Even with bases loaded and given a fourth out, they couldn't score.

Just as well they're out of the playoffs. I've been a Cubs fan for 30 years, but it was clear throughout the second half of the season that they were not World Series-bound this year. Now I can just watch great baseball and not have to worry about "my" team.

Dru Edwards 10-03-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw (Post 5852973)
Cubs can't score, which makes it impossible to move on.

Glad that's over....

Cubs had game 163 and the wildcard and scored a total of 2 runs. Too bad, I would have liked to have seen them go a little farther.

For tonight only - go Oakland!

Jim Owen 10-04-2018 09:17 AM

Well, in our hearts of hearts, we knew it was going to be Sox/Yankees. Dru, a lot is riding on Chris Sale's left shoulder.

Dru Edwards 10-04-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Owen (Post 5854125)
Well, in our hearts of hearts, we knew it was going to be Sox/Yankees. Dru, a lot is riding on Chris Sale's left shoulder.

I hear ya, Jim.

Did I read correctly that Oakland's plan was to only use relievers in last night's game and not start with a starter?

Jim Owen 10-05-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5854231)
I hear ya, Jim.

Did I read correctly that Oakland's plan was to only use relievers in last night's game and not start with a starter?

Yep. We'll see more of that technique since Tampa Bay has had success with it (more than "success"--they've had a great team ERA): the "opener." Used to see it quite a bit; in the old days it was just called a "bullpen day" and generally occurred around double headers.

Dru Edwards 10-06-2018 05:19 AM

Happ didn't last long last night as the Red Sox rolled him early. Shaky bullpen but the Sox pulled it off.

Here's to Price finally doing something as a starter in the playoffs tonight. If he has a poor outing I wouldn't start him again in the playoffs.

upsidedown 10-06-2018 12:38 PM

Gonna make my rant (I've got a million of 'em) about the postseason. It's currently 64 degrees in Boston. In other words, perfect conditions for baseball.

By first pitch - an hour later than the usual night game start time - it should be in the low 50's/upper 40's.

Thanks MLB!

robj144 10-06-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upsidedown (Post 5855955)
Gonna make my rant (I've got a million of 'em) about the postseason. It's currently 64 degrees in Boston. In other words, perfect conditions for baseball.

By first pitch - an hour later than the usual night game start time - it should be in the low 50's/upper 40's.

Thanks MLB!

That's typical October playoff baseball though. It's always that weather.

upsidedown 10-06-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj144 (Post 5855967)
That's typical October playoff baseball though. It's always that weather.

Typical because they schedule the games at night. Not optimal conditions for baseball - which is what it should be about, but it ain't.



https://i.imgur.com/Gtrd7sr.png

Dru Edwards 10-06-2018 06:42 PM

Well, it's only the 2nd inning and Price has already given up 2 HRs. He's given up 15 HRs against the Yankees in the last 30 innings.

Let's go Sox!

upsidedown 10-07-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5856218)
Well, it's only the 2nd inning and Price has already given up 2 HRs. He's given up 15 HRs against the Yankees in the last 30 innings.

Let's go Sox!

Why in the WORLD would they start Price in a pivotal game? His postseason record is 2 - 9. One of the two wins was in relief.
In 4 regular season starts against the Yanks this year, he'd give up 18 runs!

Dru Edwards 10-07-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upsidedown (Post 5856855)
Why in the WORLD would they start Price in a pivotal game? His postseason record is 2 - 9. One of the two wins was in relief.
In 4 regular season starts against the Yanks this year, he'd give up 18 runs!

Yep, Price is terrible in every playoffs and he doesn't do well against the Yankees either. Given the way he's played the past few months I think he deserved last night's start. I wouldn't start him again though.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=