The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Marketplace (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Rave Charmed Life Picks Review in Acoustic Guitar Magazine (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645465)

Charmed Life Picks 04-22-2022 11:53 PM

Rave Charmed Life Picks Review in Acoustic Guitar Magazine

After slogging through the jungle of boutique pick-making for seven years, we finally have our first national -- er, international -- recognition hitting in a few weeks, in a glowing review in Acoustic Guitar Magazine. I've read the review and it's a humdinger, folks. However, out of respect and appreciation for AGM, we're withholding the review till press time. It's supposed to hit the streets in mid-May, in both the print magazine and on their website.

A shout out of thanks to all those who have hung with us these seven years. It all started here on AGF, way back in 2015, and we still consider this place our home away from home.

https://i.imgur.com/ufnS4Kkl.jpg

Among the models featured in the review is our flagship mother-of-pearl inlaid Iridescence 351, pictured below. We are out of these right now, with more coming in. We are already taking Christmas orders for these.

https://i.imgur.com/mjqdu1Im.jpg

Take Care & Thanks Again,
Scott & Rhonda

raysachs 04-23-2022 03:33 AM

Congrats Scott. Well deserved and happy to see you get the recognition. I’m up to my ears in picks at this point and don’t see needing more until I start losing or wearing through the ones I have, but several of them are Charmed Life and I play them as much or more than any…

-Ray

Lkristians 04-23-2022 11:30 AM

Well deserved, Scott. Congrats.

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 04-24-2022 08:51 AM

Hey Scott and Rhonda,

Congratulations! Lots of hard work and perseverance are paying off! You guys make a wonderful product, so the glowing review and attention are well deserved. :)

jdinco 04-24-2022 10:54 AM

Way to go Scott, I hope you never catch up with all the orders ! :D

Charmed Life Picks 04-24-2022 07:25 PM

Folks, thanks for all the kind words and props. We've certainly worked hard for it. But I enjoy the work, and I enjoy delivering a product that improves the beauty of music.

Jdinaz: I appreciate the humor, and thank God I'm able to laugh at myself. On a serious note, I HATE our backlog, but I don't see it ending any time soon. Interestingly, in the last two years almost every major guitarmaker has hit record volume and can't deliver product in a timely manner. This includes Martin, Collings, Pre-War Guitars, Santa Cruz, Preston Thompson and most of the other boutique makers in the industry. I'm proud that I've searched the world over for unique materials, and prouder still that our fit-n-finish and customer service are among the best in the industry.

But yeah, I laugh myself at the ridiculously long lead times and the WAIT. We might actually make some money if we could turn orders in a timely manner. But I'm not complaining. We recently hired an awesome guy named Eric who's been playing and loving our stuff for years, and who's already helping us reduce our backlog, if only for a few days. I'll have him come in and intro himself.

Thanks again, gents. We are deeply in your debt.

Scott

StillStephen 04-25-2022 09:38 AM

Congrats! Well deserved.

MaurysMusic 04-25-2022 01:01 PM

Congratulations! LOVE mine!

Zissou Intern 04-28-2022 11:39 PM

Nice for CLP!

dnf777 04-29-2022 12:30 PM

Well deserved accolades, Scott!
Your products are second only to your customer service!

I just got my order from you, along with the “lagniappe” which was totally unnecessary, but greatly appreciated!

Charmed Life Picks 04-29-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnf777 (Post 6990545)
Well deserved accolades, Scott!
Your products are second only to your customer service!

I just got my order from you, along with the “lagniappe” which was totally unnecessary, but greatly appreciated!

DNF, thanks. Yeah, that .75 mm tortoise casein is my fave of everything we make. The closest to genuine TS I've ever. We still suck on turnaround, but we're proud of our fit and finish and quality, so we've stayed true to that. Too many orders is a good problem to have.

Have a great weekend, and thanks again,

Scott

leew3 04-29-2022 03:17 PM

Well deserved Scott. I'm glad that you're getting some long overdue praise.

Charmed Life Picks 04-29-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leew3 (Post 6990690)
Well deserved Scott. I'm glad that you're getting some long overdue praise.

Lee, how kind and thoughtful of you. We've certainly paid our dues. I've been telling people it reminds me a lot of John Prine. Stick around long enough and you become a legend. Hard to believe we're in our seventh year of business.

Thanks again. Safest of weekends,

Scott

doctorsena 05-02-2022 02:45 PM

Pretty new to boutique pics but they look amazing. I'll definitely be checking them out!

jricc 05-03-2022 05:32 PM

Congrats to you Scott, Rhonda and Charmed Life! Real happy for you.