The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Henriksen the bud ten (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557648)

douglasfan1 09-12-2019 11:59 PM

Henriksen the bud ten

May I ask anyone has experience of Henriksen the Bud Ten?

It sounds quite good as it got 10 inch speaker so I expect it can handle the bass better. Also it seems good for both acoustic and electric guitar and bass too. Am I correct?

I wonder it can pair with their extension speaker (the Ray) in order to serve as PA speaker for band in small venue. However, not much information I can get from this aspect and would like to see anyone is in the similar situation?

Beagle1 09-15-2019 05:30 AM

I don't own one, but I've played the Bud 10 a couple times and had a chance to compare to the original (smaller) Bud. The 10 definitely has a bigger sound and low end. I don't think it would have any trouble handling a bass. Personally, I still prefer the original Bud due to its awesome portability, but I don't have a need for running a bass through it so the Bud 10 might be a good solution for you.

If you needed a matching extension cab, I know they make a 10-inch ext cab in addtition to the Ray, which is the little matching ext cab for the smaller Bud. If you have any questions about it, definitely contact the owner, Peter Henriksen -- he is super friendly and helpful.

douglasfan1 09-15-2019 06:10 PM

Thank you for your response. I've contacted Peter Henriksen for asking the difference between. But also want to get some user feedback for deciding between the Bud vs The bud ten.

Do you think the original bud with the ray extension also loud enough to handle a small band in a small venue?

Beagle1 09-16-2019 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douglasfan1 (Post 6163337)
Do you think the original bud with the ray extension also loud enough to handle a small band in a small venue?

That's a good question, and really the answer is going to depend on your specific requirements in terms of how small/big the venue is and how many players you have running through it. For example, if you happen to have drums in your small band, then I would recommend looking elsewhere.

I will say that I think the Bud combined with a Ray is a nice setup for a coffeehouse/restaurant type of venue with one or two performers. Or it's great for a jazz guitarist in a jazz combo. For more than 2 performers, the ideal would be for each instrumentalist to have a Bud for personal monitoring and then DI them all through a small mixer into traditional PA speakers.

douglasfan1 09-25-2019 07:54 AM

Is it possible to compare with Bose S1 pro then? Should i expect more bass from Henriksen the bud than the bose S1 pro? And louder volume too?

Birdbrain 09-25-2019 06:02 PM

Last weekend I attended the Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival. It was organized by Hendrickson, and all the two dozen ace guitarists played his amps throughout. Everybody sounded great, but the volumes were kept quite low at the hotel workshops, coffee shops and wine bar. One beer hall was a loud venue. The maps were turned up more in there, but the crowd just jabbered on at higher volume. Most amps I saw were smaller than 10 inches, but they must have used bigger ones in there.

douglasfan1 10-19-2019 09:13 AM

11% off

Now they got 11% off. Anyway lovers here can share a bit more?

lkingston 10-19-2019 09:21 AM

The original Bud is ported and has more bass than many much larger acoustic guitar amps already.

angus99 12-06-2019 02:24 PM

Reviving this thread . . .

. . . to see if anyone else has pro or con to say about the Bud 10 now that it’s been out a little while. There seems to be few on-line reviews. I’m looking for an all-in-one amp that can handle acoustic, clean electric and moderate distortion. I loved the Bud 6 I briefly played on but have read it’s mostly limited to the cleaner end of the spectrum.

Thanks in advance.

MikeB1 12-06-2019 03:57 PM

Henrickson Jazz Amp 10

OK, I'll suggest throwing another option into the mix, if I may.

I was able to try all 3 and I came home with the Jazz Amp 10.

I brought my guitar with me when I was amp shopping and it seemed to match up well with my Aria.

The JA 10 is also priced a bit lower than the other two, if that's a consideration.

Happy shopping!