The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   MLB Playoffs 2018 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523587)

guitarlifestyle 10-16-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Spivey (Post 5861960)
How about them Brewers? NLCS game 2 in an hour after a win last night. 12 consecutive wins! I fear our pitching will hurt us in the playoffs, but it's been a fun ride for the past month.

Another win last night! Fortunately, they didn't need Hader that much last night, so hopefully he'll be available again tonight, if needed.

Dr. Spivey 10-16-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarlifestyle (Post 5864254)
Another win last night! Fortunately, they didn't need Hader that much last night, so hopefully he'll be available again tonight, if needed.

He's pitched 2 or more innings two days in a row 3 times during the regular season. He only faced 2 batters last night, so he's good to go. I bet if he throws 2 good innings tonight, he would be willing to go again tomorrow if it meant wrapping up the series in LA. He's an All-Star.

David M123 10-16-2018 07:06 PM

And the Sox take game 3!

JBJ Jr. with a Grand Slam! Fine outing by Eovaldi.

Fogducker 10-17-2018 05:08 AM

I'm braced for a Boston vs LA series! Two of the larger TV markets-----kind of gives one "food for thought"! Maybe I'm just getting jaded in my old age---"Hey you kids, get off my lawn!".

Fog

Dru Edwards 10-17-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David M123 (Post 5864677)
And the Sox take game 3!

JBJ Jr. with a Grand Slam! Fine outing by Eovaldi.

JBJ Jr. has 7 RBIs in the base two games, all from 2 bases loaded hits.

How about Houston caught video taping signs in both Cleveland and Boston?

David M123 10-17-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5865164)
JBJ Jr. has 7 RBIs in the base two games, all from 2 bases loaded hits.

How about Houston caught video taping signs in both Cleveland and Boston?

Yeah, Jackie is kind of a sleeper agent at the plate. His overall average doesn't scare anybody, but when the stakes are high, he very often comes through!

As far as the sign-stealing goes, it sounds like Cora is on to of it and prepared to deal with it.

Jim Owen 10-17-2018 04:20 PM

It ain’t over

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogducker (Post 5864877)
I'm braced for a Boston vs LA series! Two of the larger TV markets-----kind of gives one "food for thought"! Maybe I'm just getting jaded in my old age---"Hey you kids, get off my lawn!".

Fog

Like Opera, baseball ain’t over ‘til the large lady sings.

Brewers can take LA. Houston won 103 games. And didn’t play the Orioles 19 times.

robj144 10-18-2018 12:06 AM

What a game tonight between the Astros and Red Sox!!! Cora emptied the chamber tonight trying to win this game and the Sox almost lost it if not for Benny's amazing game ending/saving catch.

One of the best games I've seen in a long time.

I have no idea who is even pitching against Verlander on Friday.

Dru Edwards 10-18-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj144 (Post 5865810)
What a game tonight between the Astros and Red Sox!!! Cora emptied the chamber tonight trying to win this game and the Sox almost lost it if not for Benny's amazing game ending/saving catch.

One of the best games I've seen in a long time.

I have no idea who is even pitching against Verlander on Friday.

Lots of Red Sox heros in the win last night.

Game 5 is tonight and Price is supposed to start. I'm a little nervous. Sale would pitch Game 6 if needed.

Jim Owen 10-18-2018 03:29 PM

Price on 3-days rest. And he was fully warmed as Kimbrel tried his best to give the Astros the lead back last night. You can be less nervous, Dru--I don't think Kimbrel pitches tonight.

Workman and Hembree didn't pitch last night; Barnes faced one batter, so those arms are live.

Rick didn't have his better stuff last night but Cora stayed with him through 4; that was pivotal.

Benny Ballgame's dive was stellar. So was former Sox Josh Reddick. JBJ has found that stroke that he's needed to stay on the field.

I've watched and listened to a lot of baseball playoff games (including, of course, the Fisk game). This one was a great game for those who like flashes of leather and managerial finesse.

David M123 10-18-2018 10:24 PM

And the Sox take the League Championship.

Price pitched wonderfully, breaking his post-season curse. The offense did it's job, just a great game all around.

The Astros looked kind of shell-shocked after the final out, like they just couldn't believe what happened. Verlander especially!

AmericanEagle 10-19-2018 02:55 PM

Boston Red Sox

Go Sox!
WooHoo!

Dru Edwards 10-19-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David M123 (Post 5866719)
And the Sox take the League Championship.

Price pitched wonderfully, breaking his post-season curse. The offense did it's job, just a great game all around.

The Astros looked kind of shell-shocked after the final out, like they just couldn't believe what happened. Verlander especially!

I was surprised at how well Price pitched. He (and we) needed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanEagle (Post 5867327)
Go Sox!
WooHoo!

I hear ya, AE!

Go Red Sox!

Dru Edwards 10-21-2018 05:23 AM

Boston Red Sox and the LA Dodgers in the World Series.

Let's go Red Sox!

ManyMartinMan 10-22-2018 07:01 AM

I can't think of any team I would rather see the Dodgers take on for the WS.