The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Electrics and Bose S1’s (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541357)

Chickee 03-17-2019 01:04 PM

Electrics and Bose S1’s

SonnyBoy called from St. Louis this morning and said “really love the Bose setup with acoustic 6 and 12 strings and the cello thru the DI box sounds beautiful, but I can’t get anything acceptable for electrics. I hate having to lug more stuff to shows. Any ideas” he says.
Who better than you cool cats to ask for suggestions on how to dial in a good electric sound thru the Bose S1’s.
He plays an American deluxe Tele and a Les Paull studio.
Any ideas.
Thanks, frankie

AxeDude 03-17-2019 02:22 PM

Check out the Tech 21 sansamp character series.

Steve DeRosa 03-17-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxeDude (Post 6010078)
Check out the Tech 21 SansAmp Character Series.

You might also check out the v2.0 FlyRigs - I'm a lifelong hardcore tube-amp guy, but I just may get one to keep in my accessories bag for when Murphy and his seven leprechaun brothers decide to drop in to the gig...

roylor4 03-17-2019 03:05 PM

A tube head with a line out.

The line out on the Vox MV heads is stellar and sounds just like the amp through a cab. They aren't cheap but not expensive either. Despite the super-gainy and unflattering sound bites of the Rock head online, it does beautiful warm cleans all the way to Classic Rock crunch.

I haven't tried the Micro Terror line out yet.

AxeDude 03-17-2019 03:16 PM

I also own a FlyRig but the pedal I put on my pedalboard is the Tech 21 Blonde Deluxe private stock. You may want to check it out on their website. (My board has a ToneDexter also).

Chickee 03-17-2019 06:14 PM

Thank you cool cats! I have passed on all the SansAmp info to SonnyBoy, and as anyone who has children will tell you, he will figure it out himself anyway, I am sure. Oh well, we try.
Thank you again for your responses.

jwellsy 03-22-2019 03:37 AM

I would look into a Bose T4 mixer. It connects to the S1, contains electric modeling and is probably more gig friendly switching in/out sets of presets.

roylor4 03-22-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwellsy (Post 6014568)
I would look into a Bose T4 mixer. It connects to the S1, contains electric modeling and is probably more gig friendly switching in/out sets of presets.

Really? I can't find any electric modeling features on the T4 anywhere. :confused:

jwellsy 03-22-2019 07:40 PM

Page 21 of the manual shows the Electric Guitar category of options, but doesn't spell out what all the preset options are. Page 40 & 41 show an electric plugged in.
https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/...N_viewable.pdf

Here's a list of presets.
http://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php?...ne_Equivalents
25 25 Electric Guitars General direct
27 27 Electric Guitars Miked amp w/SM57
28 28 Electric Guitars Fender Stratocaster
29 29 Electric Guitars Fender Telecaster
30 30 Electric Guitars Gibson ES-335/ES-345
32 32 Electric Guitars Gibson Les Paul
33 33 Electric Guitars Gretsch C. Gent
34 34 Electric Guitars Ibanez Artist
35 35 Electric Guitars PRS Custom 22
36 n/a Electric Guitars Rickenbacker 360/12
37 n/a Electric Guitars Miked amp w/Sennheiser e609
n/a n/a Electric Guitars Line6 Pod
n/a n/a Electric Guitars General processor
n/a n/a Electric Guitars Flat

perttime 03-23-2019 01:53 AM

Any electric preamp that includes speaker emulation. Many have been mentioned already. There's lots more out there. Mine is a tube preamp by Blackstar.

Pnewsom 04-01-2019 06:22 PM

I've been running my Archtop's Johnny Smith floating pup through an old Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive that I had kicking around. Direct into my L1C or through the T1 mixer, it really fattens things up and puts a little hair on the sound depending on how you use the blend knob. It also sounds really good with lots of gain through one of the line inputs on channel 4 of the T1, leaving all three of the xlr inputs available for mic's. I would imagine you could get similar results with it through your S1.

DavidE 04-01-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickee (Post 6010015)
SonnyBoy called from St. Louis this morning and said “really love the Bose setup with acoustic 6 and 12 strings and the cello thru the DI box sounds beautiful, but I can’t get anything acceptable for electrics. I hate having to lug more stuff to shows. Any ideas” he says.
Who better than you cool cats to ask for suggestions on how to dial in a good electric sound thru the Bose S1’s.
He plays an American deluxe Tele and a Les Paull studio.
Any ideas.
Thanks, frankie

Line 6 HX Stomp, Atomic Ampli-Firebox or Tech21 Flyrig.

Chickee 04-02-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidE (Post 6024822)
Line 6 HX Stomp, Atomic Ampli-Firebox or Tech21 Flyrig.

I had a chance to try one of those flyrigs and I really liked the small size and sounds it produced. I may get one for my own Bose S1 rig:evilgrin: