The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Fine day to be inside working on guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637175)

j. Kinnaird 01-16-2022 08:58 AM

Fine day to be inside working on guitars

It's a priviledge to be able to just stay warm and dry and have meaningful work to do. I used to get out in this stuff but now I just enjoy it from afar.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Collabo-2..._093647-XL.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/Collabo-2..._095938-XL.jpg

That's Paul's guitar on the bench and the back for a BIG guitar in the window

hubcapsc 01-16-2022 09:00 AM

It looks like that out my window too. I live in South Carolina,
tomorrow it will range between 40 and 22, it will all turn into
solid ice... blegghh...

-Mike

jklotz 01-16-2022 09:52 AM

Yup. Watching the snow fall outside my window, as I play guitar, of course. It's been 4 years since we've seen any of the white stuff round these parts.

inc0herent 01-16-2022 10:49 AM

Ooh, what is that stuff?

TomB'sox 01-16-2022 10:56 AM

That back looks like one Steve used once, waterfall bubinga and he had the audacity to build it for someone other than me. I am wondering if that is a sister set to that wood!

Cold enough to snow here in Tx, but apparently too dry right now. Has been in the 20's here at night quite often the last few weeks.

Guitars44me 01-16-2022 11:08 AM

Nice day…

Nice day to be at the bench, Dr. Kinnaird

Snow would be nice here in our mountains, but at least we got some drizzle and sprinkles yesterday

Everyone have a FINE Sunday

Paul

j. Kinnaird 01-16-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6907312)
That back looks like one Steve used once, waterfall bubinga and he had the audacity to build it for someone other than me. I am wondering if that is a sister set to that wood!

Cold enough to snow here in Tx, but apparently too dry right now. Has been in the 20's here at night quite often the last few weeks.

That is indeed waterfall bubinga but probably not a sister set to Steve’s set.

It’s going to become a Graybeard guitar with a tunnel redwood top.

j. Kinnaird 01-16-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hubcapsc (Post 6907165)
It looks like that out my window too. I live in South Carolina,
tomorrow it will range between 40 and 22, it will all turn into
solid ice... blegghh...

-Mike

Snow in SC mighty strange

Quote:

Originally Posted by jklotz (Post 6907225)
Yup. Watching the snow fall outside my window, as I play guitar, of course. It's been 4 years since we've seen any of the white stuff round these parts.

Where might this snow deprived area be?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inc0herent (Post 6907297)
Ooh, what is that stuff?

It was snow, now it’s ice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 6907330)
Nice day to be at the bench, Dr. Kinnaird

Snow would be nice here in our mountains, but at least we got some drizzle and sprinkles yesterday

Everyone have a FINE Sunday

Paul

Indeed it is a fine day, with a feeling of isolation with focus.

TomB'sox 01-16-2022 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the one I was talking about...sometimes I think I know too much about Kinnaird guitars lol!

That should look awesome with a Tunnel Redwood top!!!! My goodness.

Attachment 68247

j. Kinnaird 01-16-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6907676)
Here is the one I was talking about...sometimes I think I know too much about Kinnaird guitars lol!

That should look awesome with a Tunnel Redwood top!!!! My goodness.

Attachment 68247

That's a really pretty box. I hope to do as well

Tim McKnight 01-16-2022 06:57 PM

I hope the snow melts off soon for y’all. I would NOT want to shovel your driveway.

The Bard Rocks 01-16-2022 07:00 PM

I think if you left home right now, you might not get back!

Yes, it's a good day to be inside. We have <1" of that stuff right now. I got out for an hour hike from the house, easy going, cold (zero), but not uncomfortable. Even though that will be all different by tomorrow, it is always nice to know someone so far south has more than we do. (for once)

j. Kinnaird 01-16-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim McKnight (Post 6907795)
I hope the snow melts off soon for y’all. I would NOT want to shovel your driveway.

Thanks for the good wishes Tim

Nobody is going anywhere around here for quite some time. I remember you have been up my drive when the weather was good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks (Post 6907797)
I think if you left home right now, you might not get back!

Yes, it's a good day to be inside. We have <1" of that stuff right now. I got out for an hour hike from the house, easy going, cold (zero), but not uncomfortable. Even though that will be all different by tomorrow, it is always nice to know someone so far south has more than we do. (for once)

We have almost 12 inches. I'm shoveling snow tomorrow assuming it has stopped.

stoneaxe 01-16-2022 08:36 PM

I feel blessed to able to grab my coffee and walk to the shop to work, and stare at the storm outside- spent enough time in cold and wet weather on fish boats and construction in my youth.

Steve Kinnaird 01-16-2022 09:33 PM

The snow looks pretty from your shop, brother. Do try to remain inside. Let the grandkids build the snowmen! Pretty Bubinga, by the way.

Steve