The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Wilborn Arum Build: Tunnel 14 Redwood with Ziricote [Unveiling Video Added] (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602885)

TomB'sox 02-23-2021 01:40 PM

Oh boy, out of a problem arises this beautiful back. As is the consensus, this one is even better than the first.

Nemoman 03-02-2021 06:36 PM

Must be getting close to being done in the finish closet, eh Eddie?

Guitars44me 03-02-2021 07:05 PM

Wow!

What a stunning set of Zircote! Mighty sweet!!!

Soon!

Paul

BlackKeys36 03-02-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 6651764)

I was thinking the same thing! I'm watching his close because I know mine is about a week behind!

Ukulele_Eddie 03-02-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanter (Post 6639974)
Incredible stuff, I agree that the replacement looks even better. And since its been seasoned for a while you can be sure of its integrity.... just like Ben!

True, dat! Big fan of Ben's!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6644834)
Oh boy, out of a problem arises this beautiful back. As is the consensus, this one is even better than the first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 6651764)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 6651791)
What a stunning set of Zircote! Mighty sweet!!!

Soon!

Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackKeys36 (Post 6651872)
I was thinking the same thing! I'm watching his close because I know mine is about a week behind!

Thanks, All! Yes, it's just curing for a week before buffing. I told Ben not to lean into it quite so hard this time, LOL.

invguy921 03-07-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ukulele_Eddie (Post 6644301)
The new back is looking even more spectacular under finish. Here she is, still in the booth:

Looks :eek: amazing!! Gonna be quite a guitar.

Ukulele_Eddie 03-21-2021 07:46 AM

Buffed and Beautiful

3 Attachment(s)
Ben buffed the body yesterday. So happy with the results. Those of us over 50 remember the phrase, "We can rebuild him. We can make him better." from The Six-Million Dollar Man. I think that applies here. Against all odds, the new back ended up being an upgrade. And that is entirely because Ben pulled out all stops to make it right. I don't normally name guitars, but maybe this should one ahould be called Steve, as in Colonel Steve Austin.

Shouldn't be too much longer until "Steve" is strung and we can hear his tone. Or should it be Colonel?

dcn 03-21-2021 08:00 AM

That looks terrific, what scrumptious texture on the ziricote back. Makes me want to dive in or scoop it up with a spoon.

iim7V7IM7 03-21-2021 09:01 AM

Looks great! (Ben, you owe Sparky a nice bottle of something)

Guitars44me 03-21-2021 09:04 AM

The Colonel

I vote for, "The Colonel"

Hard to resist the Elvis reference... or that back! Baby got Back for sure.

Haha

Nice save, Ben! What a monster

Salud

Paul

TomB'sox 03-21-2021 09:53 AM

Ziricote typically is beautiful no matter what, but this set, this set, it really is above and beyond, yowzer.

I vote for both names Colonel Steve...it deserves the title!

Godfather 03-21-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6668420)
Ziricote typically is beautiful no matter what, but this set, this set, it really is above and beyond, yowzer.

I vote for both names Colonel Steve...it deserves the title!

or.... "Colonel Austin" after all, there is a lot of respect for the rank of Colonel and Mr. Wilborn.

MThomson 03-21-2021 10:20 AM

That is utterly spectacular. If it sounds even half as good as it looks it will be very special indeed.

Ukulele_Eddie 03-21-2021 11:07 AM

Thanks, All!!

Colonal Austin is definitely a strong possibility. Love it. I think per the fine print in the build agreement, Ben gets naming rights.

WilbornGuitars 03-21-2021 02:00 PM

I like "The Colonel" for a name. Ah, The Six Million Dollar Man. I used to crave that show, but my parents wouldn't let me watch it because it was so moronic. I was sure it was just the opposite- pure genius. But, lo and behold, they were correct. It was totally idiotic, with the exception of using slow-mo to indicate power and strength- that was pretty clever. But think about what an indicator of inflation it is; you can't even get a bionic pinkie for six mil these days, let alone the whole package.