The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   RECORD (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Help (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175042)

jomaco 01-26-2010 03:47 PM

Help

OK... I've been playing in living rooms, porches, basements and garages for a long time---never taking myself too serious. Fast forward 30 years and BAM!!! Internet, digital photography and youtube. Now here I am and am now starting to post a few things on u2'b. Here's Allman Brothers' Melissa.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/socojoma#p/u/0/8fXNo1tJFos

Thankfully, I'm still not taking myself too seriously but I am concerned for my family and friends now that I can actually hear and see what they have seen and heard all these years.,,, and I want to apologize to all of them. :D

So in the interest of making things a little better for them, I would welcome any suggestions or comments. Heck, even good a joke or two would come in handy at this point. I can see positives in all of this, but I'll refrain.

Thanks,

Marcus

mdunn 01-26-2010 04:17 PM

Congrats' Looks like you are off to a fine start on the internet.:up:

jomaco 01-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdunn (Post 2102774)
Congrats' Looks like you are off to a fine start on the internet.:up:

I am. Even tho' everything is fully auto.

SteeleString 01-26-2010 05:12 PM

Well, I see you're an Andrew White fan as well. And you've picked a great tune of his to cover.

jomaco 01-26-2010 05:53 PM

Thanks for looking SS. I am an Andrew White fan and as soon as I can figure out a liitle more about reproducing good sound, I'll delete and repost "Hard Road..."

The sound doesn't seem to be to awful bad while I'm playing, but for the recording, it is bad awful. :sick: :)

mud4feet 01-26-2010 06:13 PM

Marcus,

Welcome to the new millenium!!! Amazing the technology available now. I remember sitting in my bedroom playing around and recording to my "recordable" 8-track!!! Man, that's been a while!!! Site looks good (I subscribed)!! Keep 'em coming!

BTW......you might want to turn your tuner off while you play....I noticed it going haywire in one of your vids!!!:D:D

jomaco 01-26-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mud4feet (Post 2102945)
Marcus,

Welcome to the new millenium!!! Amazing the technology available now. I remember sitting in my bedroom playing around and recording to my "recordable" 8-track!!! Man, that's been a while!!! Site looks good (I subscribed)!! Keep 'em coming!

BTW......you might want to turn your tuner off while you play....I noticed it going haywire in one of your vids!!!:D:D

Thanks M4F, the best I ever did was a little micro-cassette thing until now. I do have a Canon mini dvc that is pretty cool and the Zoom MRS8 which is real cool. Problem is I don't know how to sync them together.

I haven't seen the tuner on the guitar yet. :rolleyes: I'll have to be more careful about that.

Fliss 01-27-2010 12:52 AM

I like your attitude, Marcus :)

I'm always a little wary of giving feedback, as I'm far from being an expert myself, and haven't yet ventured into You-Tube myself, but I enjoyed the video, I thought it was a good performance, nice and laid back, which suited the song. If I was going to nit-pick, one thing that slightly bugged me was that the microphone lined up with the neck of the guitar, which just looked a little odd to my eyes, and also partly obscured the guitar, but that's just me being picky!

Fliss

jomaco 01-27-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fliss (Post 2103280)
I like your attitude, Marcus :)

I'm always a little wary of giving feedback, as I'm far from being an expert myself, and haven't yet ventured into You-Tube myself, but I enjoyed the video, I thought it was a good performance, nice and laid back, which suited the song. If I was going to nit-pick, one thing that slightly bugged me was that the microphone lined up with the neck of the guitar, which just looked a little odd to my eyes, and also partly obscured the guitar, but that's just me being picky!

Fliss

Thank you Fliss for watching and commenting. I'm not looking for "expert" feedback. Any and all f/b is welcome and helpful and you are right. Now that you have brought it to my attention, it bugs me too (you can't even see "Gibson" on the headstock :) ). I know I have a long way to go before I'll be satisfied and I appreciate your help.

Marcus