The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and New Releases (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   McJam 2018 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502418)

Rodger 06-26-2018 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary (Post 5767589)
You are most certainly welcome and all McJammers need to be watching your email as I hope to send pictures in a good album link.

If I mess up ... I'll blame Rodger. :D

You didn't mess up Mary! Great photo album! I guess I'm off the hook, blame-wise.

Danno - glad you liked them!

Mary 06-26-2018 08:52 AM

Over 300 pictures were taken. Kathy and Rodger always video the events so I am able to hang out with McJammers all years long. It's like they come to play and sing to me in their spare time.

We were all very pleased that Bruce (cafeguy) and Nancy's son, Joel played his guitar and sang. What a great surprise and what an outstanding voice. Joel has been to several McJams. It's great to have the younger generation show an interest in playing guitars and the process of making guitars.

The blessings came pouring down when Tammy got up to sing and when Bruce dedicated a song to my personal brothers who had attended past McJams. This pleased my heart in many ways. Thank you to all attendees for sharing that moments.

We had several who were not in attendance for one reason or another, but we hope they can fit us into their schedule in the future.

benjamin1884 06-26-2018 12:43 PM

future Mc Jams

For the future, Do you need to own one of these wonderful McKnight guitars to attend? We are up in Parma Heights, and have family in Marysville we visit a lot. This just looks like such a great group of folks to get to know.
Rick Benjamin

Rodger 06-26-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin1884 (Post 5768188)
For the future, Do you need to own one of these wonderful McKnight guitars to attend? We are up in Parma Heights, and have family in Marysville we visit a lot. This just looks like such a great group of folks to get to know.
Rick Benjamin

Hey Rick! No, you don't need to own one. Just sign up when Mary posts the announcement for 2019 (usually around January it gets posted on the AGF) and have a clear calendar for the McJam (usually mid to late June).

I've been to every one of the eleven. Didn't own my first McKnight till about 4 years ago.

Hope to see you there next year!

Neil K Walk 06-26-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin1884 (Post 5768188)
Rick Benjamin

As Rodger stated it’s not required, but Tim and Mary usually have a good dozen or so Guitars on hand that are available to play and purchase if you don’t want to go through the whole process of having Tim show you his stash of raw materials. Just be warned: many of us are enablers and the aroma of the wood room is intoxicating. We wore Rodger and Kathy down so that between the two of them they have four and poor Eire is positivity felt addicted to the wood room and has 5 McKnights!

One day i hope to be a customer but for now I just live vicariously through them !

Mary 06-26-2018 04:36 PM

This is true. You do not need to be a McKnight guitar owner. In fact I just now realized we have a special McJam band of 4 in attendance and even though there could have been McKnight instruments on the stage there was not a one during that moment. I didn't kick them out.

You can bring your own guitar, but this is only acoustic guitars. You can plug in if you would like. The guys on this thread can fill you in and it is fun to participate here so you can get to know the gang in advance, too.

Why don't you pm or your email address to me so I can tack you on the McJam email list and that way I can be in better touch and try to fill you in a little more. It's not out to make millions but you do have to buy the shirts and it is good if you bring food.

We limit the attendance. It is not a festival. It is a non-blood family reunion of people you want to be related to. We have had attendees from Nova Scotia, California, Texas and more.

Send your email and lets get you in the know.

Eire 06-27-2018 04:32 PM

Be warned: McJam 12, I'm inviting a small army of PETA representatives armed with vegetarian bratwurst to flog Ross!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodger (Post 5767539)
Ross Skaggs (rwskaggs) seen here playing Kurt's favorite song by request, "The Cat's in the Kettle" - another McJam tradition.

https://i.imgur.com/GH9YHyr.jpg

Mary 06-28-2018 05:40 AM

Ross said he is going to bring a smoker. That will be awesome for me! Food for the throng and I will sleep the night before not worrying about the roast.

As a minimalist in the meat department I sure appreciated all who ate the roast.

rwskaggs 06-28-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eire (Post 5769211)
Be warned: McJam 12, I'm inviting a small army of PETA representatives armed with vegetarian bratwurst to flog Ross!

I played "The Cat's in the Kettle" for an outdoor venue, Kurt. Lots of the folks were visitors from a nearby nursing home. One lady came up to me on her walker and informed me, "I'll have you know I really like cats!".

I smiled and said, "Oh, I really like cats too - I just can't eat a whole one by myself!" :D

...not another word was spoken.

cigarfan 06-28-2018 12:01 PM

That is hilarious! I can’t stop laughing.

Rodger 06-28-2018 04:06 PM

Ross and Kurt - you guys crack me up!

I hesitate to ask - Do we know what's gonna be in the smoker next year?

Eire 06-28-2018 04:51 PM

You are a bad, bad man, Ross. And to an old woman, at that! But I guess not all of us are purr-fect. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwskaggs (Post 5769782)
I smiled and said, "Oh, I really like cats too - I just can't eat a whole one by myself!" :D

Mary 06-28-2018 07:08 PM

Ross said he is bringing brisket. Kurt said brats. Who ya wanna trust, Rodger?

Rodger 06-29-2018 04:36 AM

Brisket sounds better than veggie brats (sorry Kurt).

My fear was there might be "Cats in the Smoker"

rwskaggs 06-29-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodger (Post 5770107)
Ross and Kurt - you guys crack me up!

I hesitate to ask - Do we know what's gonna be in the smoker next year?

Lord willing, Rodger I'll be bringing a full-packer beef brisket. Made one this Spring for some friends and family and it was superb!

Might take some pressure off Mary too.... ;)

Kurt, what do you mean I'm not purrfect???? :D