The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hatcher Guitars Getting Ready to go B.I.G. (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614379)

j. Kinnaird 08-28-2021 04:45 PM

I’m looking forward to making their acquaintance.

TomB'sox 08-28-2021 08:07 PM

Both beautiful, there will be some lucky folks getting to try those out!

mikealpine 08-30-2021 09:18 AM

That Sapele and float wood Sitka guitar is stunning!

Mark Hatcher 08-31-2021 02:23 AM

Thanks for the comments. All four of the guitars are shipped now. The Woodsman 00 and the Josie small jumbo made it there last week. The two grand auditoriums were shipped yesterday and should arrive shortly.

Mark

Dustinfurlow 09-12-2021 11:49 PM

Was such a pleasure getting to play your guitars again, Mark. Really spectacular. In case anyone missed this in the BIG thread, here are some humble recordings from the demo sessions in the green room (just a small camera Rode mic from maybe 8 ft away was the audio source, but the tone shines through, still). The Bloodwood Greta really blew me away.

All the best.

Mark Hatcher 09-13-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow (Post 6808092)
Was such a pleasure getting to play your guitars again, Mark. Really spectacular. In case anyone missed this in the BIG thread, here are some humble recordings from the demo sessions in the green room (just a small camera Rode mic from maybe 8 ft away was the audio source, but the tone shines through, still). The Bloodwood Greta really blew me away.

All the best.

Thanks for putting that up Dustin. I liked your commentary and your playing shows off my guitars wonderfully!

Mark

Nemoman 09-13-2021 09:12 AM

That Bloodwood guitar was amazing, Mark--and many thanks for sending your guitars to BIG for us to enjoy!

TomB'sox 09-13-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 6808281)
That Bloodwood guitar was amazing, Mark--and many thanks for sending your guitars to BIG for us to enjoy!

Just FYI, the EIR/Cedar Greta is gone, but I am baby sitting the Bloodwood for Mark for awhile as he completes his move.

Nemoman 09-13-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6808293)
Just FYI, the EIR/Cedar Greta is gone, but I am baby sitting the Bloodwood for Mark for awhile as he completes his move.

A tough job for sure! :D

TomB'sox 09-13-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 6808312)
A tough job for sure! :D

You should know me well enough by now to realize I am a giving human and anything I can do to help, like keeping this bloodwood for a couple or weeks, although a burden, I am here to help. Of course I will send it anywhere it needs to go haha!

Mark Hatcher 09-13-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6808414)
You should know me well enough by now to realize I am a giving human and anything I can do to help, like keeping this bloodwood for a couple or weeks, although a burden, I am here to help. Of course I will send it anywhere it needs to go haha!

Actually, I do really appreciate you offering to watch my guitars at your wonderful show (as though your plate wasn’t already so full)

Mark

Guitars44me 09-13-2021 06:13 PM

Hey Mark, these sure are beautiful guitars. Hope you sold them all…
And I hope you're feeling much much better and your move is going smooth
Paul

Dustinfurlow 09-14-2021 09:19 PM

Chatted with Mark today and it's my understanding the Swiss Moon Spruce/Bloodwood Greta is still up for grabs...can't believe it! That one really felt alive on the lap...but then again they all did.

ukejon 09-24-2021 07:08 AM

Thanks Mark and Dustin….the bloodwood Greta is magical.

warfrat73 10-05-2021 09:17 AM

Mark, now that you've built a few guitars with the float wood sitka, I was wondering if you could share your thoughts about how it performs as a tonewood... in general, in relation to "normal" sitka, compared to other common options?

My interest is largely selfish, as I have in imminent build that's scheduled to use some, and have hemmed and hawed a bit. But I bet some other folks are curious as well.