The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   And I Love Her (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626323)

reeve21 09-17-2021 09:28 PM

And I Love Her

One of Paul’s early masterpieces. Nothing fancy about it, just a great song!

I’m trying to learn as many Beatles songs as I can these days. So many beautiful melodies and interesting chord progressions and harmonies.

My Farida 00 into a usb mic to iPad video recorder, no processing.

Thanks for listening :)

Glennwillow 09-17-2021 11:36 PM

Hi Bob,

That was really well done! I have always loved this song since I was in early high school! Paul McCartney always sang so ridiculously high, singing this song was quite a challenge. But playing this song as an instrumental solves that vocal challenge. I like the arrangement!

It's also very interesting for me to hear you play that Farida. What an appealing, full sounding guitar, especially for a 00 size. And it's an attractive guitar with that very Gibsonesque sunburst finish. Really nice!

Well done Bob!

- Glenn

Mr. Paul 09-18-2021 05:02 AM

Super sweet, Bob!

FingahPickah 09-18-2021 05:17 AM

Well done. Always a favorite melody. Love the arrangement.

SprintBob 09-18-2021 05:34 AM

Great job Bob. Your Farida sounds wonderful. Keep those Beatle tunes coming. Whose fingerstyle arrangement did you use?

rémy64 09-18-2021 06:25 AM

Good job Bob , thanks

reeve21 09-18-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6812160)
Hi Bob,

That was really well done! I have always loved this song since I was in early high school! Paul McCartney always sang so ridiculously high, singing this song was quite a challenge. But playing this song as an instrumental solves that vocal challenge. I like the arrangement!

It's also very interesting for me to hear you play that Farida. What an appealing, full sounding guitar, especially for a 00 size. And it's an attractive guitar with that very Gibsonesque sunburst finish. Really nice!

Well done Bob!

- Glenn

Thank you very much, Glenn. I have great trouble singing Beatles tunes, so this is the next best thing:)

The Farida is gem. I’ve had it over a year and a half and it gets 90% of my playing time, maybe more. Hard to believe it’s only 400 bucks or so. :)

reeve21 09-18-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Paul (Post 6812203)
Super sweet, Bob!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingahPickah (Post 6812206)
Well done. Always a favorite melody. Love the arrangement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rémy64 (Post 6812230)
Good job Bob , thanks

Thanks very much Paul, Remy and FP. Always nice to hear from you folks ;)

I’ll comment on the arrangement in my next post.

reeve21 09-18-2021 12:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintBob (Post 6812212)
Great job Bob. Your Farida sounds wonderful. Keep those Beatle tunes coming. Whose fingerstyle arrangement did you use?

Thanks Bob, that means a lot. The arrangement is out of a Hal Leonard book aimed at intermediates. But my guitar teacher does serious surgery on almost any arrangement I bring him. He knows most of the tunes by ear, and if necessary we listen to the original recording. This one got changed less than usual. It’s great to have someone who can improve the voicings, fingerings etc. and keep you focused to make progress week to week.

There’s 30 tunes in this book and I’ve got another one with some others, so I suspect the next year so will be focused on the Beatles. I was just starting to get into music when they broke up, so I actually didn’t know this song very well at all. They were something else :)

Lkristians 09-18-2021 12:23 PM

Hey, Bob, that was really nice! Keep it up and thanks for posting!

SprintBob 09-18-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeve21 (Post 6812508)
Thanks Bob, that means a lot. The arrangement is out of a Hal Leonard book aimed at intermediates. But my guitar teacher does serious surgery on almost any arrangement I bring him. He knows most of the tunes by ear, and if necessary we listen to the original recording. This one got changed less than usual. It’s great to have someone who can improve the voicings, fingerings etc. and keep you focused to make progress week to week.

There’s 30 tunes in this book and I’ve got another one with some others, so I suspect the next year so will be focused on the Beatles. I was just starting to get into music when they broke up, so I actually didn’t know this song very well at all. They were something else :)

Bob,

Thanks for the intel on this book. You might also like Doug Young’s arrangements of For No One, In My Life, and I Will.

Cheers,

Bob

TBman 09-18-2021 03:30 PM

Good job Bob! Smooth playing, keep it up!

vashondan2018 09-18-2021 05:30 PM

Thanks for sharing that. Nicely done and a beautiful song!

reeve21 09-18-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lkristians (Post 6812512)
Hey, Bob, that was really nice! Keep it up and thanks for posting!

Thanks, Larry. It’s a lovely tune :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintBob (Post 6812575)
Bob,

Thanks for the intel on this book. You might also like Doug Young’s arrangements of For No One, In My Life, and I Will.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob, I checked out Doug’s arrangements and videos, really cool stuff. May convince me to learn something in a alternate tunings! Thanks :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBman (Post 6812620)
Good job Bob! Smooth playing, keep it up!

Always appreciate your encouragement, Barry! I hope the flooding situation is improving. I have a daughter in your area, she was largely spared, but shaken for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vashondan2018 (Post 6812699)
Thanks for sharing that. Nicely done and a beautiful song!

Thanks for that, appreciate it very much!

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 09-19-2021 10:34 AM

Great work here, Bob! Nothing easy about this kind of piece. Count me as another big Beatles fan. I really enjoyed your playing!