The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   A week with the same guitar..... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569804)

oscarvan 01-19-2020 05:21 PM

A week with the same guitar.....

Motorhome trip.... And oldest spawn is with us so the "closet" (bunkroom) is not available for the usual 3 or 4 guitars. One guitar was it. Did have enough room so I didn't have to bring the OF-660 and brought the Rainsong (see sig line for model)

And, plenty of time to play it too.... I am REALLY starting to like this guitar. A whole week in a camper, cold weather, hot weather, A/C on..... A/C off. Inside, outside. I just realized I haven't tuned it in days......

Carry on.....

Mbroady 01-19-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscarvan (Post 6269654)
Motorhome trip.... And oldest spawn is with us so the "closet" (bunkroom) is not available for the usual 3 or 4 guitars. One guitar was it. Did have enough room so I didn't have to bring the OF-660 and brought the Rainsong (see sig line for model)

And, plenty of time to play it too.... I am REALLY starting to like this guitar. A whole week in a camper, cold weather, hot weather, A/C on..... A/C off. Inside, outside. I just realized I haven't tuned it in days......

Carry on.....

That’s what the rainsong is for, and so much more!
Nice to have that peace of mind on the road.

I already have the rainsong, just waiting for the RV. Still have a couple of years until the rugrat is old enough to enjoy it.

oscarvan 01-19-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbroady (Post 6269713)
just waiting for the RV. Still have a couple of years until the rugrat is old enough to enjoy it.

I've owned a truck camper, travel trailer, fifth wheel (45') a gasser class A and a diesel pusher. If you ever want to ask questions just message me.

Captain Jim 01-19-2020 09:57 PM

We are generally out for 2 to 4 months (sometimes longer) when we take off in the motorhome. In the past, it has always been one guitar along, unless I happen to get another one while we're out. This time, it will be 3: two Emeralds and a Yamaha bass. I'll be getting together with my friend and music partner this trip... some playing and recording. I traveled with wood for decades (boat and RV) before discovering the advantages of CF. No issues when we go from the humid Gulf Coast to the dry desert Southwest. Easy.

Mbroady 01-22-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscarvan (Post 6269733)
I've owned a truck camper, travel trailer, fifth wheel (45') a gasser class A and a diesel pusher. If you ever want to ask questions just message me.

Thank You!!!

Have some time to research all the features we would like as well as what size and type of RV would fit our needs, but the main concern would be reliability. We want to make sure we get from point A to Point Z, and all points in between, without any mechanical issues.

Still, it’s nice to know we have our road worthy six strings ready to go

ifret 01-22-2020 01:53 PM

We have a motorhome too. I always only take 1 guitar. I have only a couple guitars that have the travel designation, and that works for me. I usually take along a mountain dulcimer too, so I get a choice on what instrument I feel like playing.