The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For Sale: 2005 Lowden F25 $2900 - SOLD (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454711)

sjgtime 01-01-2017 12:19 PM

2005 Lowden F25 $2900 - SOLD

Looking to pass-on this outstanding guitar to a friend, crony, strong acquaintance...someone who has bought guitar(s) from me, knows/trusts me.

This would most likely also be someone who knows this had been my main (and gig) guitar for approx 10 years (though you'd not no it from looking at it, it has no wear/marks/dings, etc not even a fingerprint) and that it sounds incredible, has a superbly comfortable slim neck and is setup to perfection (both ends of the fingerboard).

I have NO reason to sell this guitar other than to see it get played. It's been residing in its case for well over a year so apparently it is time, not to mention constantly seeing the case in the corner of the room where it has not moved and passing by my last (and excellent) box in the garage whilst coming and going.

So please no offense to anyone else, at this time I'm just looking to keep it real simple and more importantly keep track of the guitar.

Please call or text (772 341-6570) or email.

Rosewood99 01-01-2017 12:30 PM

Can you tell me the specs including scale length, nut width an string spacing at the saddle?

jay7347 01-01-2017 09:59 PM

Steve, you are worrying me.

Sigh... wish I could help you.

-jay

sjgtime 01-02-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay7347 (Post 5177910)
Steve, you are worrying me.
Sigh... wish I could help you.
-jay

Jay my friend. As always thanks for stopping by.

Uh...you are kidding though, correct? You're joking like.

If not, then you have interpreted something incorrectly in my posting.

I am happily playing my two other Lowden F35s (which are the 50 spec if you get what I mean).

I am not playing the F25 because it is redundant, *apparently* it got replaced by the newer Koa/redwood I picked up a couple years ago. They sound VERY similar, because of the redwood. The redwood gives what cedar would lack (over Koa). [in comparison to rosewood/cedar]

Still though, obviously the 25 is very special and I want to keep track of it.

jay7347 01-02-2017 10:07 PM

Well I kind of figured you had another Lowden up your sleeve. But whenever you sell one of your near and dear ones I don't think most people realize how they are pretty freakin' special. Oh, to be without debt and sole proprietor commitments.

Best of luck on your sale, somebody is going to strike some gold!
-jay

I am relieved though that its not a cutaway... then it would really hurt! ;-)

locust19 01-03-2017 07:58 AM

I remember this guitar...if you want an f25 this will be the best you will find at any price. Steve knows his Lowdens for sure.

dtune 01-03-2017 08:09 AM

Steve's guitars are all special. Especially the ones he hangs on to for extended periods. I am still trying to figure out what to sell in order to make room for the special Lowden O I am desiring.

Good luck with the sale amigo!

fazool 01-03-2017 08:29 AM

I recently posted about a visit I made to The Podium. While there I played an F25 and it was an amazing unbelievable guitar. It bubbled to the top as the best guitar I have ever played.

I am in *NO* position to be buying a dream guitar this season but this would be the one

sjgtime 01-03-2017 05:48 PM

You guys are too kind fur-rizzle. So very much appreciated.

You too Mr wizard :)

That's what I'm looking for, one of my cronies to see this (very unconventional posting) and be like...Oh, Steve is selling his 25...yeah I want that...

Rosewood99 01-03-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulzoom (Post 5177252)
Can you tell me the specs including scale length, nut width an string spacing at the saddle?

Having trouble finding all the specs on their website.

DenverSteve 01-03-2017 06:19 PM

How about full specs........ and photos?

dwalton 01-03-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjgtime (Post 5180105)
You guys are too kind fur-rizzle. So very much appreciated.

You too Mr wizard :)

That's what I'm looking for, one of my cronies to see this (very unconventional posting) and be like...Oh, Steve is selling his 25...yeah I want that...

Interesting.

sjgtime 01-07-2017 10:09 AM

Sale pending to crony Bruce.

Thanks Bruce you are awesome!

sjgtime 01-17-2017 02:45 PM

Sold

Hopefully Bruce will come on here and post something about the guitar.

B Chas 01-18-2017 09:17 AM

I composed this reply last night, stayed up late playing my new little wonder, who needs sleep.........

I received the Lowden today, but only have had an hour or so of playing time so far. First impression, I’m blown away how strong yet responsive it is. The tone is rich, full and clear, with nice overtones, sustain that lasts forever and a sweet voice, I’m really pleased.

So why am I on the forum rather than playing, only because Steve has been so cool during the buying process. He was so concerned for it to be a good fit for me, I almost felt I was being interviewed. As the process progressed, we became friends. We spoke several times, exchanged emails and texts, just a great buying experience.

I’ve been on the lookout for a Lowden F for a while, I like cedar/rosewood, so when this one popped up, I had to make a play for it. Steve used to be a Lowden dealer and has had many Lowdens go through his hands. Since this one had been his personal guitar for 10 years, while others had come and gone, I just had to bring this one in. Sure glad I did.

Enough writing, gota go play.