The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Fender Acoustasonics comparison (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618365)

hyenik 06-15-2021 03:46 PM

Fender Acoustasonics comparison

Just work on review of three acoustasonics (jazzmaster, stratocaster, telecaster)
first touch - unplugged sound...

12barBill 06-15-2021 03:49 PM

Tele... all the way!

ewalling 06-15-2021 07:47 PM

They sound pretty much identical to me.

BoneDigger 06-15-2021 08:45 PM

I think the telecaster sounded the best of these three.

Tannin 06-15-2021 10:43 PM

Nice work, Hyenik!

Of the three, I'd have the "Jazzmaster" simply because it is the only one without a volume knob in exactly the wrong place. Sound differences? Not so important really, none of them sound remotely like an actual acoustic guitar. I think they have to be judged on their own terrms and not compared to anything else. I have sometimes though about getting one (despite the crazy pricing) as a "quiet guitar" to play without disturbing people. Nearly everything on Youtube plays them plugged in. This video, doing the acoustic sound only, is really helpful.

hyenik 06-16-2021 01:45 AM

thanks all
btw I play very often my Godin A6 baritone unplugged (training, composing or just noodling) so decent unplugged sound is important for me too.
This is definitely not full acoustic sound, but for quiet playing during night it is OK.

fazool 06-16-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneDigger (Post 6742344)
I think the telecaster sounded the best of these three.

With all three, to my ears, sounding like a poorly made child's toy guitar. Or a plastic cigar box guitar.

Simply awful in my mind (and ears).

hyenik 06-20-2021 04:46 AM

quick go through all presets of three hybrids with Acus One Forstrings 8 combo

KevWind 06-20-2021 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazool (Post 6742738)
With all three, to my ears, sounding like a poorly made child's toy guitar. Or a plastic cigar box guitar.

Simply awful in my mind (and ears).

Why so reticent, tell us what you really think :D

Song 06-20-2021 11:09 PM

Thanks for making these demos. I'm sure it will help those interested.
But I'm afraid of the feedback, even though it will chug pretty good. :D

hyenik 06-21-2021 12:50 AM

thanks, you see that feedback is not so strong :)
anyway on YT is enough videos, my review is mostly about quick comparison of these three constructions.

geewhiz 06-21-2021 04:29 AM

I think some people are missing the point that these aren't supposed to sound "good" unplugged. These are guitars designed to be plugged in, period. The fact that they emit some audible acoustic tone is just a convenience to allow for unplugged practice. Of course they sound terrible unplugged. I owned one for a while and I laughed at a few reviews I saw on retailer sites - "When I play this thing on my sofa the acoustic tone is really thin and tinny - returning it! One star!".

It's like comparing an $89 plastic practice amp to a vintage Fender blackface. The comparison is pointless, really.

Pnewsom 06-21-2021 06:44 AM

As a fellow who has gigged in bands(electric) most of my life, I see these guitars as a great alternative to some quacky flattop acoustics in duo situations. The one I played unplugged in a store seemed very well made, the neck was nice, and felt comfortable. A lot like a Strat with acoustic qualities.

The sounds I've heard in some of the review videos sounded like they be just fine in noisy pubs and bars. In short, I could make it work for me.

KevWind 06-21-2021 07:53 AM

Hyenik thanks for posting

I much preferred the plugged in sound. I can see if someone were gigging a lot and wanted to be able offer a reasonable (if not exact) Acoustic and Electric sound and also wanted to streamline their gigging gear. These represent a viable alternative to hauling both an acoustic and electric to gig's