The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Week 16 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566985)

Neil K Walk 12-23-2019 08:41 AM

I hate to say it but I'm jealous of the Cincinnati Bengals. They manage to get more than 30 points on the board - something the Steelers haven't been able to do all year, setting a record that stood since 1971 - AND get the first round draft pick.

With the loss to the Jets the Steelers are now on the outside looking in with a TON of injuries.

Dru Edwards 12-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil K Walk (Post 6246572)
I hate to say it but I'm jealous of the Cincinnati Bengals. They manage to get more than 30 points on the board - something the Steelers haven't been able to do all year, setting a record that stood since 1971 - AND get the first round draft pick.

With the loss to the Jets the Steelers are now on the outside looking in with a TON of injuries.

The Steelers are the first team since 1971 to not score at least 30 points in a single game in a season? Guess what - next week they're score 31!

Inyo 12-23-2019 03:30 PM

Sam Darnold--Wouldn't Blame Him If He Was Crotchety After That T.J. Watt Punch

So Sam Darnold is minding his own business, dropping back for a pass late in the second quarter of the Jets-Pittsburgh game yesterday. His Jets are leading 10-3 at the time, and the Jets will eventually go on to win 16-10, providing New York with their sixth victory of the season.

And Sam played very well, actually, throwing for a touchdown with zero interceptions, completing 16 of 26 passes for 183 yards to compile an official passer rating of 95.5 (the NFL passer rating average is 91, by the way).

But, Sam Darnold did indeed fumble the ball away, once--on a wicked strip-sack by T. J. Watt.

If you watch the closeup replay of that incident, you couldn't blame Sam if he happened to turn crotchety after the brutal assault.

Watch the following video, and note where T. J. Watt strikes Sam Darnold during the strip-sack:

robj144 12-23-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inyo (Post 6246981)
So Sam Darnold is minding his own business, dropping back for a pass late in the second quarter of the Jets-Pittsburgh game yesterday. His Jets are leading 10-0 at the time, and the Jets will eventually go on to win 16-10, providing New York with their sixth victory of the season.

And Sam played very well, actually, throwing for a touchdown with zero interceptions, completing 16 of 26 passes for 183 yards to compile an official passer rating of 95.5 (the NFL passer rating average is 91, by the way).

But, Sam Darnold did indeed fumble the ball away, once--on a wicked strip-sack by T. J. Watt.

If you watch the closeup replay of that incident, you couldn't blame Sam if he happened to turn crotchety after the brutal assault.

Watch the following video, and note where T. J. Watt strikes Sam Darnold during the strip-sack:

Those things happen. I wouldn't say Donald played very well. He played ok.

Neil K Walk 12-23-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6246708)
The Steelers are the first team since 1971 to not score at least 30 points in a single game in a season? Guess what - next week they're score 31!

Perhaps I misspoke. I believe that this is a Steelers team record. IIRC yesterday's TD pass by Mason Rudolph is also the first offensive touchdown scored in 7 or 8 games. The offense - and especially the O line - is HORRIBLE this year. The defense is the only thing keeping them in the hunt.

As for next week, I highly doubt things will change:
1: Pittsburgh is playing the Ravens
2: QB Devlin Hodges has no arm
3: QB Mason Rudolph is out with a left shoulder injury.

Dru Edwards 12-23-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil K Walk (Post 6246986)
Perhaps I misspoke. I believe that this is a Steelers team record. IIRC yesterday's TD pass by Mason Rudolph is also the first offensive touchdown scored in 7 or 8 games. The offense - and especially the O line - is HORRIBLE this year. The defense is the only thing keeping them in the hunt.

As for next week, I highly doubt things will change:
1: Pittsburgh is playing the Ravens
2: QB Devlin Hodges has no arm
3: QB Mason Rudolph is out with a left shoulder injury.

Guessing Baltimore will rest players next week, at least in the 2nd half, given that they've secured the #1 seed. Pittsburgh might still have a chance ... ok, I'm being hopeful.

Neil K Walk 12-23-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6247067)
Guessing Baltimore will rest players next week, at least in the 2nd half, given that they've secured the #1 seed. Pittsburgh might still have a chance ... ok, I'm being hopeful.

Then Duck has to stop throwing ducks, the O line needs to tighten up and create better gaps for Connor and JuJu needs to get his head in the game.

I just saw that RG3 is starting for the Ravens. Who does that help?

robj144 12-23-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6247067)

They're resting about all the starters the entire game from what I heard.

Dr. Spivey 12-23-2019 10:35 PM

Packers win NFC North! :)

jpd 12-23-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil K Walk (Post 6247122)
Then Duck has to stop throwing ducks, the O line needs to tighten up and create better gaps for Connor and JuJu needs to get his head in the game.

I just saw that RG3 is starting for the Ravens. Who does that help?

RG3;).....................