The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Happy to be Part of the AGF (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634877)

jcjenkins3 12-22-2021 08:56 PM

Happy to be Part of the AGF

6 Attachment(s)
Lame Horse is very excited to formally join the AGF as a sponsor. We have met so many great people over the years who are AGF members. That was reinforced even more back on Labor Day at the BIG Festival in New Braunfels, TX at Tom Bowersox homestead, when so many guitar lovers from all over the world came together for the first real guitar show in almost 2 years. It was truly a wonderful experience, and made us want to be a part of this group even more. So here we are with a build we are working on for Cedar Rock Studio in Indiana. It is our first for them, although they have sold one of our Saddle Pals for a client of ours in the past. We have moved slowly so far, but are picking up speed. Feel free to ask questions and make comments, please. And please be patient, we are still in the process of figuring out how to do this. We may ask for your tips and help.

Every great guitar starts with with a great top. This top is a wonderful Engelmann spruce top we got from Allied Lutherie on a trip there back in August. They have an amazing amount of great wood. The triple laminated sides are bocote. We gilded them with gold leaf, then overlaid black horses carved from a single piece of phenolic.

TomB'sox 12-22-2021 09:00 PM

Let me be the first to welcome you to the AGF. Wonderful that you are here and it was fantastic to host you at B.I.G. last Sept. Guitars with a touch of flare for sure and a wonderful sound to boot!

jcjenkins3 12-22-2021 09:13 PM

Thank You

Tom, Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for having us at BIG. It was a wonderful time. You have set the bar pretty high for guitar shows. It is a new, unique, and wonderful approach.

Steve Kinnaird 12-22-2021 09:30 PM

Hey Chris, welcome, mate! That Bocote is really attractive.

To all and sundry, Chris and Jeremy’s work is as cool on the inside as it is on the outside, and this pictured instrument is just a small sampling of their creativity. It will be fun to follow along!

Steve

jcjenkins3 12-22-2021 09:50 PM

Thank You

Thank You, Steve. I don't know why we didn't do this a long time ago with so many friends like you on here. We are looking forward to it.

Guitars44me 12-22-2021 11:48 PM

Welcome!

Welcome and glad to have you here! Looking forward to ogling more of your NICE instruments.

Cheers

Paul

Carpinteria 12-23-2021 06:59 AM

Julie and I really enjoyed meeting you both at BIG, and thought your guitars were pretty wonderful, too! Looking forward to seeing this one, and others, develop. Very cool inside work! Dave

Tim McKnight 12-23-2021 07:12 AM

Hey Chris, Welcome to the ever growing list of AGF Sponsors. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful artistic work showcased here. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

doodahdoug 12-23-2021 07:17 AM

Lame Horse Guitars

Chris, welcome and thank you for becoming an AGF Sponsor. It will be great to see the beautiful work you and Jeremey do showcased on the forum.

This guitar looks to be a splendid introduction to those who may not be familiar with Lame Horse Guitars and chance for everyone to see and learn more about your building process and philosophy. Looking forward to following along with this build.

iim7V7IM7 12-23-2021 12:27 PM

Welcome Chris (and Jeremy). I look forward to looking over your shoulder at your bench…:up:

jcjenkins3 12-23-2021 11:37 PM

Thanks to all

Thank you to all of you for the welcome. I hope we can add something worthwhile to the Forum. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!

cigarfan 12-24-2021 06:44 AM

A grand welcome Chris and Jeremy! Very nice to see you here. Happy Holidays to you and yours! :guitar:

jcjenkins3 12-29-2021 12:14 PM

Moving Slowly Through Holidays and Covid

1 Attachment(s)
We are moving along slowly with Holiday celebrations and now Jeremy confirmed with Covid. However, some progress has been made. The neck must be located on the rim so that the exact location of the bridge, and more specifically, bridge pins may be determined. This is essential in determining the location for gluing down the falcate braces. Also, cutting and placing turquoise purfling in the fingerboard took a while. We will proceed with assembling the neck now that the fingerboard is finished. A photo of the end of the fingerboard and the purfling is attached.

Dustinfurlow 12-31-2021 09:30 AM

Was definitely a highlight hearing Tony demo that build at B.I.G, that tone filled the room!

All the best and a happy new year to you and yours.

jcjenkins3 01-01-2022 12:36 PM

Thank you

Thank you, Dustin. That means a lot coming from one with your talent.