The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   T A S I AM A CARRIER! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4486)

dave hiwatt 03-11-2002 05:25 AM

T A S I AM A CARRIER!

I took a good friend of mine to a music store to get some Taylor’s in his hands.
He picked up a koa baby Taylor and couldn’t put it down!
He had not played any other Taylor but my 415
He was very impressed by the overall quality between the different series.
But the baby got him.
He didn’t get that one but we are going to backstage next week to really give him a bad case of T.A.S.
WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR!!

muzz76 03-11-2002 08:28 AM

I'm pretty sure i'm a carrier as well. The first Taylor I ever had the pleasure of seeing and hearing was LOTF 314K at a local dealer. I'm a lefthanded player and so I couldn't take er' home but I really was quite smitten with it from the salesman's demo.

I ultimately ended up ordering a 510c but many months later when accompanying a friend when they were in the mode of purchasing an acoustic to the same dealer. Guess which one captured his heart, yep, that very same 314K which for some reason hadn't been snapped up by someone else. It was a very nice feeling to see that same guitar which had intro'd me to Taylors go to a friend. He's been mulling over a 12string for a while as well so TAS has got its hooks in good:)

Derek

Cisco 03-11-2002 09:11 AM

Yeah...I was at McCabe's Music in Santa Monica a couple of weeks ago and was playin' guitars when a guy and his wife walk in and start looking at guitars. Just as I was playing an 855, I asked him what he was looking for ( hehe..loaded question) Of course I told him that I would recommend a Taylor to him and proceded to tell him why. I noticed he was looking at other guitars later, but kept going back to the Taylor's. Having and succumbing to TAS is great. Spread the joy around is what I always say !!

Ron

rsimper 03-11-2002 09:22 AM

I think by definition, a carrier is one who has the disease in them, is capable of passing it on to others, but does not exhibit symptoms. I am comfortable in saying that I have a full blown case of T.A.S., I exhibit all of the classic symptoms, and I am quite contagious. Basically, I am a danger to society.

I do precede every statement in a guitar store to other customers by saying "well, I prefer Taylors, though I am pretty biased because that is what I play, but I really do think that you should give them a try :) )

John712 03-11-2002 06:59 PM

Ryan I have to agree with you--there is no carrier state. If you have any symptoms you are afflicted with the full blown disease. Oh the agony!!;)

dave hiwatt 03-12-2002 04:53 AM

I stand corrected.

FULLBLOWN T.A.S.

:D

JayGon 03-12-2002 02:19 PM

How 'bout when it rubs off on some unsuspecting customer in a guitar store who was otherwise clueless about Taylors until they ran into you???:roll:

Jay

John712 03-12-2002 05:47 PM

Hey that's a GOOD thing! The gift that keeps on giving!:) :)

rsimper 03-12-2002 06:24 PM

Or if we are talking money here, the gift that keeps on TAKING :)

Though it gives plenty back in the long run.