The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What custom guitar commissions are you expecting delivery on in 2020? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565224)

s2y 12-08-2019 06:05 AM

Indian Hill fanned fret pseudo baritone.

iim7V7IM7 12-22-2019 09:54 AM

40 builds so far....

It looks like we have a nice variety of custom commissions being delivered in 2020. I hope that you all share them here in the AGF Custom Shop. I will continue to update this list in the original posting for until mid-January.

Builder or Luthier————————————————--(n)—-

Mike Baranik----------------------------------------------1---
Michael Bashkin———————————————————1—-
Marc Beneteau————————————————————1—
Mark Blanchard——————————————————---1—-
Laurent Brondel————————————————-——-1—-
Roger Bucknall (Fylde Guitars)--------------------------1---
John Buscarino———————————————————-1——
Ken Casper——————————————————-———1——
Jackson Cunningham————————————————-1——
John Datlen—————————————————————1——
Tom Doerr——————————————————————2——
Ryohei Echizen————————————————————1—-
Matt Eich (Mule Resophonic Guitars)--------------------1---
Frans Elferink——————————————————-——1—-
Dale Fairbanks--------------------------------------------1---
Froggy Bottom Guitars————————————————1—-
Beau Hannam————————————————————-1—-
Mark Hatcher————————————————————-1—-
Lee Heron——————————————————————-1—
Chris & Jeremy Jenkins (Lame Horse Guitars)———-—1——
Mike Kennedy (Indian Hill Guitars)——————————1——
John Kinnaird——————————————————-——1——
Steve Kinnaird————————————————————1——
Raymond Kraut——————————————-—————1——
Burton LeGeyt————————————————————1——
Jordan McConnell——————————————————-1——
Tim and Mary McKnight———————————————-1——
Joel Michaud—————————————————————1—-
Pre-War Guitar Co.——————————————————1——
Mathew Rice & Matthias Roux (Casimi Guitars)---------1----
Tom Sands—————————————————————--2——
Bruce Sexauer————————————————————2——
John Slobod (Circa Guitars)—————————————-2——
Chris Sobel—————————————————————-1——
Eric Weigeshoff (Skytop Guitars)———————————1—-
Ben Wilborn-----------------------------------------------1----

TOTAL:———————————————————————40—-

TomB'sox 12-22-2019 01:34 PM

I have a Ben Wilborn Nautilus in BRW and Tunnel 14 Redwood. I also have a Taran (Rory Dowling) Tirga Mhor in Claro Walnut and either curly redwood/adirondack TBD...

doodahdoug 12-22-2019 02:54 PM

New Commissions for 2020 Delivery - Hatcher & Robbins

I have a Mark Hatcher Josie Small Jumbo (Alpine Moon Spruce - The Fiddleback Tree Mahogany) due in January-February.

Also have an Tyler Robbins R.1ca (Engleman Spruce - Madagascar Rosewood) starting in 2020.

More on the books but post 2020 start dates.

agfsteve 12-22-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five Fourths (Post 6227736)
I'm not picky...whatever previous customs you guys need to sell to afford these expected new customs will be fine with me. ;)

LOL. I'll be the guy buying the Yamaha FS800 from the guy who bought the Taylor 114 from the guy who bought the Martin D15M from the guy who bought the Gibson J45 from the guy who bought the Collings DS1 from the guy who bought that previous custom from the guy who's buying one of the guitars in this thread.

So thank you, whoever you are.

CoolerKing 12-22-2019 08:08 PM

A Kostal body tbd German spruce over pernambuco, and a LeGeyt smoky spruce over tortoise shell Tree.

TomB'sox 12-22-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewpartrick (Post 6246321)
A Kostal body tbd German spruce over pernambuco, and a LeGeyt smoky spruce over tortoise shell Tree.

Wow, nice job with those! Can't go wrong there.

SprintBob 12-22-2019 09:35 PM

A Kostal 12 fret OMC in German Spruce/Koa. I think mid year build at last update from Jason. We have the Koa set picked out and ready.

Howard Emerson 12-23-2019 06:45 AM

John Monteleone is building me a 00 12 fret cutaway with Side-Sound.

It'll be a maple & red spruce shallow-body with a very large neck & large SS fret wire. The color will be a particularly gorgeous red that John's done on a couple of mandolins.

This will be my second Monteleone.

The big difference NOW is that when I ordered my first one in 1976, I hadn't one clue about what I was as a player, so I ordered 'buzz words'.

It's 24 years later, and I've got some clues.

I wish everyone a very merry Christmas, a Happy Chanukah and a healthy & prosperous New Year. See you all, if the fates allow, in 2020.

Regards,
Howard Emerson

jonnymosco 12-23-2019 07:39 AM

Ralph Bown OO, Lutz over BR; expected July!

Jonny

iim7V7IM7 12-23-2019 08:15 AM

Howard, hopefully if John takes some photos along to way, you can share them on AGF....:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard Emerson (Post 6246504)
John Monteleone is building me a 00 12 fret cutaway with Side-Sound.

It'll be a maple & red spruce shallow-body with a very large neck & large SS fret wire. The color will be a particularly gorgeous red that John's done on a couple of mandolins.

This will be my second Monteleone.

The big difference NOW is that when I ordered my first one in 1976, I hadn't one clue about what I was as a player, so I ordered 'buzz words'.

It's 24 years later, and I've got some clues.

I wish everyone a very merry Christmas, a Happy Chanukah and a healthy & prosperous New Year. See you all, if the fates allow, in 2020.

Regards,
Howard Emerson

jaymarsch 12-23-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintBob (Post 6246369)
A Kostal 12 fret OMC in German Spruce/Koa. I think mid year build at last update from Jason. We have the Koa set picked out and ready.

This sounds like it will be a beauty for sure. I have not had a chance to play a Kostal in Koa.

Best,
Jayne

jaymarsch 12-23-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewpartrick (Post 6246321)

Throw in a a side of sweet potato fries and this is all sounding really yummy. :)
I'll follow those build threads.

Best,
Jayne

jaymarsch 12-23-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6246015)
I have a Ben Wilborn Nautilus in BRW and Tunnel 14 Redwood. I also have a Taran (Rory Dowling) Tirga Mhor in Claro Walnut and either curly redwood/adirondack TBD...

Another two build threads that I can distract myself with. Those two sound like they will be fabulous.

Best,
Jayne

Nemoman 12-23-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6246015)

I know your Nautilus will be an awesome guitar that I'm looking forward to watching come to life.

And Walnut/redwood would be a mighty tasty combination! Will this Taran be done in time for BIG(er)?