The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New 00 Woodsman model Hatcher Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526844)

Treenewt 06-20-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher (Post 6091267)
In my effort to get the word out about my new Woodsman 00 I made my first commercial. Four and a half hours of video work to get a little over a minute of video! If you are interested here it is on YouTube:

Here is the isolated back ground guitar track:

And if you are still interested here is the full ad in the new Premier Guitar July online issue.

http://digital.premierguitar.com/july-2019#!page160

Let me know what you think. I'll be happy to pass it on to my marketing staff (if I had one!)

Mark

I am WAY late to this thread, but that is simply fantastic Mark! What an amazing piece of craftsmanship now residing in the hands of a craftsman of a different ilk. Simply awesome.

Mark Hatcher 06-20-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 6091298)
Great guitar, great video, Mark...

Thanks Nemoman!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treenewt (Post 6091324)
I am WAY late to this thread, but that is simply fantastic Mark! What an amazing piece of craftsmanship now residing in the hands of a craftsman of a different ilk. Simply awesome.

Thank you Treenewt, you're never too late. I am trying a new approach in making a pretty traditional guitar.

Mark

Erithon 06-20-2019 04:30 PM

"You don't have to shy away from tradition to be innovative."

If that doesn't best encapsulate Hatcher Guitars and Mark's artistic approach, I don't know what does. Well said. And a well-edited video, too. The dark lighting establishes an old-world atmosphere, even in the midst of a modern recording studio.

Mark Hatcher 06-21-2019 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erithon (Post 6091427)
"You don't have to shy away from tradition to be innovative."

If that doesn't best encapsulate Hatcher Guitars and Mark's artistic approach, I don't know what does. Well said. And a well-edited video, too. The dark lighting establishes an old-world atmosphere, even in the midst of a modern recording studio.

Thanks Erithon! That's my favorite line too. Charlie wrote the narrative and has a great voice that blends wonderfully with the guitar piece he did in the background.

Mark

ukejon 06-21-2019 06:17 AM

Truly wonderful....thanks for posting.

Guitars44me 06-21-2019 07:10 AM

Very Nice Ad for a REALLY NICE AXE

Nice way to start my morning! Now off to soak up some coffee...

Keep them coming. Beautiful work!!!

Paul

Treenewt 06-21-2019 08:09 AM

Thank you Treenewt, you're never too late. I am trying a new approach in making a pretty traditional guitar.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Mark, I love it! And you nailed it, IMO.

Mark Hatcher 06-21-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukejon (Post 6091844)
Truly wonderful....thanks for posting.

Thanks ukejon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 6091897)
Nice way to start my morning! Now off to soak up some coffee...

Keep them coming. Beautiful work!!!

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll keep them coming. I have an exciting schedule with some fabulous woods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treenewt (Post 6091958)

Mark

Mark, I love it! And you nailed it, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Treenewt!

MHC 07-06-2019 04:26 AM

I don't spend too much time here in the "Custom Shop" corner of the AGF, so I hadn't seen this thread until today - but I was so absolutely moved by it that I felt compelled to write this note to Mr. Hatcher and send my appreciation for his stunningly beautiful guitar and a build process that revealed his great talents, his respect for his materials and for guitar bulding traditions, and for guitarists. Oh yeah, and his humor!

And, ultimately, the guitar sounds spectacular!

This guitar just does it in every way; aesthetically, sonically and... the intangibles (vibe, story, craft... all of that). I'm sure it's a dream to play as well.

I think I have something to save up for now.

Congratulations Mark (if I may). And thanks!

ross748 07-06-2019 04:46 AM

Congratulations Mark. Great video and outstanding guitar.

Mark Hatcher 07-06-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHC (Post 6104333)
I don't spend too much time here in the "Custom Shop" corner of the AGF, so I hadn't seen this thread until today - but I was so absolutely moved by it that I felt compelled to write this note to Mr. Hatcher and send my appreciation for his stunningly beautiful guitar and a build process that revealed his great talents, his respect for his materials and for guitar bulding traditions, and for guitarists. Oh yeah, and his humor!

And, ultimately, the guitar sounds spectacular!

This guitar just does it in every way; aesthetically, sonically and... the intangibles (vibe, story, craft... all of that). I'm sure it's a dream to play as well.

I think I have something to save up for now.

Congratulations Mark (if I may). And thanks!

Thank you for your kind words MCH. This was a very enjoyable build and I look forward to making more. I have a couple on my build schedule and have been looking for additional “Woodsman like” woods to add as options and/or upgrades.
We’ll be seeing a lot more of this model!
Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross748 (Post 6104337)
Congratulations Mark. Great video and outstanding guitar.

Thank you ross748! And thanks for following along on this build.

Mark

SJ VanSandt 11-24-2019 03:41 PM

Confession time: I bit. Mark starts mine in January. After the remarks I made about this being my ideal guitar, it just seemed like not owning one would be something I would always regret. I told Mark to do it exactly the same as the first one - I want it to look and sound just the same - but it's hard not to tinker a little bit: we are substituting Brazilian rosewood for the ebony parts.

TomB'sox 11-24-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt (Post 6220403)
Confession time: I bit. Mark starts mine in January. After the remarks I made about this being my ideal guitar, it just seemed like not owning one would be something I would always regret. I told Mark to do it exactly the same as the first one - I want it to look and sound just the same - but it's hard not to tinker a little bit: we are substituting Brazilian rosewood for the ebony parts.

Congrats on that Stan, excellent choice.

ukejon 11-25-2019 05:47 AM

Excellent choice indeed!

Nemoman 11-25-2019 09:22 AM

Good on you, Stan--looking forward to seeing it take shape!