The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sexauer/2020 (chapter3) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595199)

Treenewt 11-16-2020 10:44 AM

Bruce,

so glad you're doing well after the wreck! I have to say, that garden path is picturesque! Gotta be a nice drive to work each morning! :)

Bruce Sexauer 11-17-2020 02:30 PM

I'd ride my bicycle to work except it takes me 7 minutes to get my gear on and off for the 2 second ride. Call me a lazy bum, if you want.

The top and back are braced to the point where I can make end blocks and bend the sides:

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/topbracing.jpg

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/backbracing.jpg

If it looks wonky, that's because it is!!!

Calves2997 11-17-2020 03:12 PM

The devil is in the details! Looks intricate and I can't wait to hear it sing!

Bruce Sexauer 11-17-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calves2997 (Post 6552530)
The devil is in the details! Looks intricate and I can't wait to hear it sing!

I haven't seen your handle here before, Calves2997 (that many?), and welcome to the forum. You and I are THE most likely to hear this one sing.

Calves2997 11-17-2020 11:08 PM

Hehe the number after my name is short for my favorite number : 299792458. In meters per second it's the speed of light in a vacuum.

iim7V7IM7 11-18-2020 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calves2997 (Post 6552928)
Hehe the number after my name is short for my favorite number : 299792458. In meters per second it's the speed of light in a vacuum.

Wouldn’t just using “Michaelson-Morley” as a name been easier? :)

Bruce Sexauer 11-18-2020 11:05 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was going to be the speed of sound in Pernambuco at 70 f and 45 rh expressed in mm per second.

Bruce Sexauer 11-20-2020 08:39 PM

I have had a busy few days. Aside from good progress on the JB-16, I also finally received my new Titanium bicycle from Brad Bingham. Just in time as I have finally healed to the point where I can ride a bike again. That was yesterday, and I got a ride in today, of course, and am absolutely delighted with both the ride and the handling. Brad Bingham is to bicycles as I flatter my self to be to guitars: a one man shop at the absolute cutting edge of our relative art/crafts.

Sadly, I took just the one pic and the focus in questionable, but tomorrow is another day:

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/Tileftside.jpg

These are better. Someone asked for close ups of peone density:

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/cutonly.jpg

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/peoneoneeighth.jpg

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/peoneonequarter.jpg

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/peonedriverside.jpg

http://mojoluthier.com/LP20/306/peoneall.jpg

The Bard Rocks 11-20-2020 09:00 PM

It's been along while since one of your photos actually showed up on my computer. They always used to. Obviously not everyone is experiencing this.

dosland 11-21-2020 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks (Post 6555460)
It's been along while since one of your photos actually showed up on my computer. They always used to. Obviously not everyone is experiencing this.

Hey The Bard, I'm having issues too, but only on Chrome (Android and MacOS13) very strange. I've done everything there is to do with Chrome, and nothing has worked. But on Safari, everything functions as it should. Haven't sorted a solution on my phone yet, but Safari is my stand in for the AGF now.

nico 11-21-2020 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosland (Post 6555533)
Hey The Bard, I'm having issues too, but only on Chrome (Android and MacOS13) very strange. I've done everything there is to do with Chrome, and nothing has worked. But on Safari, everything functions as it should. Haven't sorted a solution on my phone yet, but Safari is my stand in for the AGF now.

Hi, I don't post much but I've been following Custom Shop threads for a long time and I had this problem too using Chrome on a Mac.

I think its because Bruce's photos are hosted on his website and its http, not https, whereas acousticguitarforum is https so Chrome stops this behaviour by default. Other threads will be showing ok if the poster's photographs are on a https site like flickr etc.

It's fixable but its personal choice if you're happy to do it - I don't know if there are any wider implications and everyone should make their own decision about it.

Settings > Privacy and Security > Site Settings > Insecure Content > then allow www.acousticguitarforum.com

Hope that helps, it worked for me.

Beautiful guitars Bruce, I always enjoy your threads.

The Bard Rocks 11-21-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosland (Post 6555533)
Hey The Bard, I'm having issues too, but only on Chrome (Android and MacOS13) very strange. I've done everything there is to do with Chrome, and nothing has worked. But on Safari, everything functions as it should. Haven't sorted a solution on my phone yet, but Safari is my stand in for the AGF now.

Safari worked - thanks for the tip!

TomB'sox 11-21-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico (Post 6555564)
Hi, I don't post much but I've been following Custom Shop threads for a long time and I had this problem too using Chrome on a Mac.

I think its because Bruce's photos are hosted on his website and its http, not https, whereas acousticguitarforum is https so Chrome stops this behaviour by default. Other threads will be showing ok if the poster's photographs are on a https site like flickr etc.

It's fixable but its personal choice if you're happy to do it - I don't know if there are any wider implications and everyone should make their own decision about it.

Settings > Privacy and Security > Site Settings > Insecure Content > then allow www.acousticguitarforum.com

Hope that helps, it worked for me.

Beautiful guitars Bruce, I always enjoy your threads.

This is indeed the issue as identified by the administrator here. I don't know if Chrome did this during a recent update as it is a new problem, but the issue is the pics are coming from his website and not a third party or directly from his computer. I am going to try your fix now so I can see the pics as well.

Bruce Sexauer 11-22-2020 11:34 AM

There is an option where pics can come directly from my computer? Probably not a great one, if it exists, as I generally turn my WiFi connection off after hours. I have great trepidation re changing my protocol from http to https as I have about 500 pages in my website, and that looks like a lot of work . . . even if I knew how to do it, which I have no idea of. I have looked into a slicker web presentation, but it usually involve a third party for editing, and since I update my site quite often, this option has little appeal.

TomB'sox 11-22-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer (Post 6556690)
There is an option where pics can come directly from my computer? Probably not a great one, if it exists, as I generally turn my WiFi connection off after hours. I have great trepidation re changing my protocol from http to https as I have about 500 pages in my website, and that looks like a lot of work . . . even if I knew how to do it, which I have no idea of. I have looked into a slicker web presentation, but it usually involve a third party for editing, and since I update my site quite often, this option has little appeal.

Well, you have been posting them the same all along and previously Chrome loaded them just fine, but recently it decided it did not like them and at least one other using the same format. I have the computer jargon that I could share here as to why, but there is not point. The above changes to Chrome as described by Nico work.

I don't think you should change anything, but those wanting to see your pics directly will either need to do the above work around or use another browser like Firefox for example.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=