The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hudson River Boogie (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569425)

reeve21 01-15-2020 09:12 PM

Hudson River Boogie

This is a Woody Mann tune. I call my version the Hudson River Stroll :)

On my new Farida OT-22W to the Zoom h4n as an interface into my iPad. No computer, no edits or processing.

TBman 01-16-2020 05:17 PM

Nice job Bob! I really like the natural sound you get in your recordings.

Guest 33123 01-16-2020 06:46 PM

Awesome Bob! Great touch and tone. I used to play that tune too. Woody's great, eh? I'm back with him at FPR in May.

reeve21 01-16-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBman (Post 6267034)
Nice job Bob! I really like the natural sound you get in your recordings.

Thanks, Barry. It is absolute dumb luck to get that sound. I have no idea what I am doing, but once I stopped fiddling with effects it started to get a lot better :) And it is literally one click from my ipad to soundcloud, easy peasy.

reeve21 01-16-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Doug (Post 6267098)
Awesome Bob! Great touch and tone. I used to play that tune too. Woody's great, eh? I'm back with him at FPR in May.

Thanks, Doug, and nice to hear from you. It was you and Barry who turned me on to Woody a couple of years ago now, but at the time most of his stuff was way beyond me. I'm just now starting to feel like I can try to tackle a few of his tunes (at about half Woody speed!). I just picked up his lesson on CAGED and learning the fretboard that uses this tune as a learning tool. I'm also working with Tom Feldmann's materials, as he breaks things down a bit more than Woody does. They are both tops in my book.

Enjoy your time in May, I'd love to get out there some day.

islandguitar 01-16-2020 09:15 PM

Oh, good sounds coming out of Connecticut!! :)
Really liked the piece......I don't play much of that style, but totally appreciate the effort and technique needed to bring it into a recording. Really nice work, Bob!!

rémy64 01-17-2020 01:13 AM

Very good sound here
bravo Bob

s11lko 01-17-2020 04:14 AM

I must admit, it does sound like you're sitting next to me in the same room playing for me. Great sound quality, and excellent playing. well done.

reeve21 01-17-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 6267201)
Oh, good sounds coming out of Connecticut!! :)
Really liked the piece......I don't play much of that style, but totally appreciate the effort and technique needed to bring it into a recording. Really nice work, Bob!!

Thanks Fred! This piece really grabbed me when I first heard it. I'm not sure how to classify it, but I like it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rémy64 (Post 6267310)
Very good sound here
bravo Bob

Thank you, Remy, and bravo to you on your Youtube channel, I never miss an episode :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by s11lko (Post 6267347)
I must admit, it does sound like you're sitting next to me in the same room playing for me. Great sound quality, and excellent playing. well done.

Thanks so much!!

Guest 33123 01-18-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeve21 (Post 6267178)
Thanks, Doug, and nice to hear from you. It was you and Barry who turned me on to Woody a couple of years ago now, but at the time most of his stuff was way beyond me. I'm just now starting to feel like I can try to tackle a few of his tunes (at about half Woody speed!). I just picked up his lesson on CAGED and learning the fretboard that uses this tune as a learning tool. I'm also working with Tom Feldmann's materials, as he breaks things down a bit more than Woody does. They are both tops in my book.

Enjoy your time in May, I'd love to get out there some day.

I've got to know Tom over the years too. Good guy and very talented. Come to FPR! You'd fit right in.

Glennwillow 01-18-2020 10:48 AM

Very well done, Bob!

That's a pretty challenging piece! Sounds good on your new guitar! It's great to hear how you are advancing!

- Glenn

Glennwillow 01-18-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Doug (Post 6267098)

I could not quite figure out what "FPR" was. I finally googled "FPR relating to guitar" and came up with Fur Peace Ranch.

I assume FPR = Fur Peace Ranch? :)

- Glenn

Guest 33123 01-18-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6268478)
I could not quite figure out what "FPR" was. I finally googled "FPR relating to guitar" and came up with Fur Peace Ranch.

- Glenn

Sorry Glenn. Yea it's Fur Peace Ranch.

reeve21 01-18-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Doug (Post 6268463)
I've got to know Tom over the years too. Good guy and very talented. Come to FPR! You'd fit right in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6268475)
Very well done, Bob!

That's a pretty challenging piece! Sounds good on your new guitar! It's great to hear how you are advancing!

- Glenn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6268478)

- Glenn

Thank you very much Doug and Glenn. Glenn, yes FPR stands for Peace Ranch.

started with 1 01-21-2020 11:15 AM

Great work. Sound is fantastic too.