The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   It's College Football Time! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556557)

patrickgm60 09-02-2019 12:45 PM

It's College Football Time!

Temperatures still hitting the mid-90s in NorCal, but football is no respecter of weather or the sport's spectators.

SEC took an early hammering; my alma mater, Auburn, stressed me until the final seconds, yet again. Could not have been much closer. Wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon finishing the season on top of the Pac-12.

True freshman QBs is one of the top stories, this season.

Once again, Alabama and Clemson are the ones to beat; would love to see an end to those dynasties, but it doesn't look promising.

Kerbie 09-02-2019 12:53 PM

Week 1 was pretty amazing! There were several fun games.

I'm a Volunteer fan, but if losing to Georgia State is any indication, it may be a long season. In that case, I'll enjoy watching others... and maybe find some time to root for Clemson to repeat.

Neil K Walk 09-03-2019 01:16 AM

Penn State won against an inferior team. Pitt lost to a better team. The two state rivals (aka big brother and little brother) will face off later this season. I’m pulling for Penn State but they lost to Pitt last year.

Kerbie 09-03-2019 03:43 AM

I'll also be watching the Jalen Hurts Show... what an opening act for Oklahoma!

CoffeeFan 09-03-2019 08:29 AM

Go Gators!

Their game against Miami was incredible...

FLRon 09-03-2019 09:33 PM

Hoping my Buckeyes will come together and improve weekly. They have real potential if they can just be patient and enjoy the run.

revvv 09-03-2019 10:26 PM

UGA

End of the story.

frankmcr 09-03-2019 10:30 PM

Well, we had some bad breaks against the Cardinals. But plenty of time to regroup before UNLV, and then the first conference game against Spartans.

AX17609 09-04-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 6153054)

As will I. The Oklahoma game was the only one that was worth watching for the general interest fan. I just wonder how long Jalen can keep it up. That's a very dangerous style of quarterbacking.

Pura Vida 09-04-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil K Walk (Post 6153038)
Penn State won against an inferior team. Pitt lost to a better team. The two state rivals (aka big brother and little brother) will face off later this season. I’m pulling for Penn State but they lost to Pitt last year.

PSU beat Pitt 51-6 last year. I wish they would do away with these former "rivalry" matchups, as it's not in PSU's best interests and weakens their overall schedule. I'd like to see them take on ranked teams early like Texas or Georgia (PSU's first opponents for my first two years of college) or re-start the Big10/Pac rivalries and schedule against Washington or Oregon. I'd rather lose to a Top 10 team early than get looked over for a BCS opportunity b/c we crushed Pitt or Temple again.

marty bradbury 09-05-2019 03:44 AM

UW Huskies....are there other teams? lol

Poppa 09-05-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty bradbury (Post 6154681)
UW Huskies....are there other teams? lol

Jacob Eason...... what an arm! Did you see his 70 yard incompletion? Receiving corps is awesome this year as are running backs. Defense is going to be real good. Chris Peterson is the perfect coach for the Huskies. Go Dawgs!

KevWind 09-05-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 6153054)

How this for anecdotal trivia.

I still have vague memories from when I was 5 years old , (1955) of getting to sit on the bench ( my dad was a waterboy) of U of Oklahoma when Bud Wilkinson took his Sooners to a National Championship . And even got a singed chin strap ( which unfortunately has long since been lost)

Inyo 09-05-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevWind (Post 6154991)

I still have vague memories from when I was 5 years old , (1955) of getting to sit on the bench ( my dad was a waterboy) of U of Oklahoma when Bud Wilkinson took his Sooners to a National Championship.

Bud Wilkinson was a horrible NFL coach, indeed (fired mid-season by the St. Louis Cardinals in 1979 after but a season and a half at the helm).

Dru Edwards 09-05-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLRon (Post 6153792)
Hoping my Buckeyes will come together and improve weekly. They have real potential if they can just be patient and enjoy the run.

Let's Go Ohio State!