The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   carbon fiber on reverb (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626437)

kitesurfer 09-19-2021 06:57 AM

carbon fiber on reverb

there is an amicus on reverb for sale. i got the link off here a while back. this thing is still for sale but i have a question. it's been there for while now with some people watching and a couple people made offers. i am watching to see how this works as i know nothing about reverb. so my question is. is there a time limit they can remain for sale ? not interested in buying it, but it's real hard to figure out how that works with no updates. maybe this should be posted elsewhere, but it is Cf so i posted it here.

Song 09-19-2021 07:41 AM

https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/art...At-Some-Point-

Quote:

Currently, all listings are on Reverb are perpetual. Think of it more as a shop, where the products are available as long as they're not sold.

dmcginnis 09-19-2021 10:52 AM

Kitesurfer - I wanted to PM you, but your account does not allow PMs it appears.

Cheers,
Dave

kitesurfer 09-20-2021 06:03 AM

thanks all. I've shied away from reverb except for the lurking because of the scams and adds overwhelming me on sites that i visit. this was helpful to understand how they operate.

slimey 09-20-2021 08:36 AM

Reverb is run by the Chicago Music Exchange, I think they have a very good reputation.
I had one experience on Reverb with a seller who was very aggressive , Reverb jumped in and calmed the waters, my only real experience with them but I came away with a positive feeling for the site.

jdinco 09-20-2021 09:00 AM

I agree with Steve, never an issue with Reverb, I think it's ran well.

redi 09-20-2021 09:52 AM

My reverb purchase transactions (3-4) have all worked smoothly. I think the feedback system works.

Guest 928 09-20-2021 11:57 AM

I've had three transactions with Reverb and been happy with each one.

tbeltrans 09-20-2021 12:07 PM

The few transactions I have had on reverb worked just fine. As for the Amicus, I briefly tried David Eastman's model. My impression is that it is sort of like a Guitele is to a ukulele, but the Amicus as guitar to a mandolin. It seems a guitar type crossover between guitar and mandolin. I could see a mandolin player having a great time with the Amicus.

I could be way off base, so anyone who has real experience with the Amicus, please feel to jump in and set the record straight. My impression was based on just picking it up and playing a few notes and putting it down because I was much more interested in his X20 at that get together.

Tony

bsman 09-20-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimey (Post 6813768)
Reverb is run by the Chicago Music Exchange, I think they have a very good reputation.
I had one experience on Reverb with a seller who was very aggressive , Reverb jumped in and calmed the waters, my only real experience with them but I came away with a positive feeling for the site.

Actually, that is not the case anymore. They were sold to Etsy a couple of years ago. I know they have implemented a couple of increases to their "take", but do not know if the service itself has improved or deteriorated.

David Eastwood 09-20-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbeltrans (Post 6813931)
The few transactions I have had on reverb worked just fine. As for the Amicus, I briefly tried David Eastman's model. My impression is that it is sort of like a Guitele is to a ukulele, but the Amicus as guitar to a mandolin. It seems a guitar type crossover between guitar and mandolin. I could see a mandolin player having a great time with the Amicus.

I could be way off base, so anyone who has real experience with the Amicus, please feel to jump in and set the record straight. My impression was based on just picking it up and playing a few notes and putting it down because I was much more interested in his X20 at that get together.

Tony

EastWOOD, Tony, Eastwood :)

I’m having great fun working on Eric Skye’s fiddle tune lessons on my Amicus, and it also functions as a brilliant travel instrument.

tbeltrans 09-20-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 6814174)
EastWOOD, Tony, Eastwood :)

I’m having great fun working on Eric Skye’s fiddle tune lessons on my Amicus, and it also functions as a brilliant travel instrument.

Sorry about that. I have been having trouble with my hands typing one thing while my brain is thinking something else. You wouldn't believe how many corrections I had to make to even this short post. It is getting VERY frustrating.

I could easily see the Amicus being the perfect instrument for fiddle tunes.

Tony

DavidE 09-20-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimey (Post 6813768)

Etsy bought Reverb from CME and promptly increased their fees a while ago.

David Eastwood 09-21-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbeltrans (Post 6814243)
Sorry about that. I have been having trouble with my hands typing one thing while my brain is thinking something else. You wouldn't believe how many corrections I had to make to even this short post. It is getting VERY frustrating.

No worries, Tony. I’ve been called ‘Eastman’ so many times over the years, I considered changing my name :)

tbeltrans 09-21-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 6814424)
No worries, Tony. I’ve been called ‘Eastman’ so many times over the years, I considered changing my name :)

The odd thing in my case is that I have this trouble with typing, but not with playing guitar or piano. If I did have a choice in the matter, I would have this way since I can make corrections typing if I catch them in time.

Eastman is a fine name. Eastman School of Music, is an appropriate example. However, since your name is Eastwood and it is also a fine name, I will try to proof my posts better in the future, especially when they include your name.

:D

Tony