The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Another Pet Peeve Thread (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581480)

Riverwolf 05-17-2020 01:40 PM

Another Pet Peeve Thread

1 - Tailgaters
2 - Horn honkers
3 - People who obviously have money yet wear jeans
with rips and tears in them as some weird kind of fashion statement.
4 - Modern packaging that Hulk Hogan couldn't open.

But the biggest one lately:

People who bag their dogs poop, twist it up nicely in one of those poop bags,
and then just leave it there.
Like someone else has the job of doggy poop bag picker-upper?
A disturbing trend lately.
We see them sitting on the side of nature trails.
Yesterday there was one on a picnic table in a local park.
In that one the specimen was rather impressive, a really big dog or maybe a homeless person?

aknow 05-17-2020 01:47 PM

Leaf blowers and the sub-humans who over-use them......

Neil K Walk 05-17-2020 01:59 PM

I'm in complete agreement on the poop baggers and leavers and the leaf blowers who don't bag their crap.

On the former, IMO it's better just to leave the poop where it is, but instead they introduce something that is not biodegradable and protects the poop from the elements instead of potentially fertilizing the grass.

As for the latter, my neighbors have hired a local landscaper who has no less than 3 teenagers who work in tandem and the noise pollution is offensive. My wife works from home now and it's very hard to have a Zoom meeting with that nonsense going on. What's more, the weather has been sufficiently crappy that these numbskulls are often working on windy, rainy days. Lastly, a lot of the leaves are ending up in my yard and buried in my shrubs. :mad:

Steve DeRosa 05-17-2020 02:01 PM

I live in Staten Island, attitude capital of the known universe...

There's not enough bandwidth here to list all the things to get PO'd about... :mad:

hairpuller 05-17-2020 02:37 PM

Folks who drive 55 in the fast lane and will never move over to allow others to pass.

scott

lfoo6952 05-17-2020 02:53 PM

Customer and cashier at the supermarket gabbing away, taking their sweet time, while there is line of people waiting behind them.

Shoppers with a cart load of groceries at the express lane (10 items or less).

Guest 33123 05-17-2020 02:55 PM

Idiots and their gas powered pressure washers.

cyberdog 05-17-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwolf (Post 6383351)
Modern packaging that Hulk Hogan couldn't open.

That's a biggie for me. Add to that, the 4 point type on the label.

hairpuller 05-17-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Doug (Post 6383423)
Idiots and their gas powered pressure washers.

Whew! Mine's electric.
scott

Martz911 05-17-2020 03:08 PM

Drivers who slow down, slow down, slow down . . . start making a turn . . . and then put their turn signals on.

Oh, and political and religious bumper stickers. You're not going to sway personal decisions I've spent a lifetime in making by the application of a bumper sticker on your vehicle - - and one that's not even applied horizontally. :)

KevWind 05-17-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martz911 (Post 6383436)
- - and one that's not even applied horizontally. :)

Oh ??? no wonder they seem too big :D

tbeltrans 05-17-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martz911 (Post 6383436)
Drivers who slow down, slow down, slow down . . . start making a turn . . . and then put their turn signals on.

Oh, and political and religious bumper stickers. You're not going to sway personal decisions I've spent a lifetime in making by the application of a bumper sticker on your vehicle - - and one that's not even applied horizontally. :)

Not a pet peeve for me, but just an observation...

Those bumper stickers belong on the dashboard where the person to whom they matter, can read them whenever s/he wants to. :)

Tony

DanR 05-17-2020 04:09 PM

I had a pet peeve...

...but it ran away :rolleyes:

Brucebubs 05-17-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanR (Post 6383484)
I had a pet peeve...

...but it ran away :rolleyes:

No, you starved it.

RedJoker 05-17-2020 04:24 PM

Funny story about the dog poop bags. My dog pooped right as we got started on our run so I bagged it and left it to be picked up on the way back. Anyway, as we came back, there was another couple walking the other way so as I picked it up, I told my dog "Oh look! Another one for our collection!"

The looks I got was so worth it. :D