The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   La Conner Guitar Show... pix? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510447)

jmagill 05-14-2018 02:18 PM

La Conner Guitar Show... pix?

Anybody out there go the La Conner show and have photos to share with the rest of us?

SMan 05-14-2018 06:21 PM

Living so close to La Conner I was disappointed at not being able to attend. Wish it wasn't scheduled on Mothers Day weekend.

SJ VanSandt 05-15-2018 11:36 AM

I'm sorry no one has responded to this thread. There's a few pics on the Steve Kinnaird thread and the O.C. Bear thread, but apparently most of those who attended were busy playing, buying and selling. I'm afraid I would have done the same: too excited to take pictures.

riorider 05-15-2018 11:38 AM

I have a few photos - but Brent took some good ones and posted them on Facebook -- search for La Conner Guitar Festival and you'll find them.

Heck why make you look for it - here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/LaConnerGuitarFestival/

Re: Mother's Day weekend - Shirley (Brent McElroy's wife) told me as I was leaving it was scheduled for Mother's Day weekend next year, too -- as that was the only weekend they could reserve Maple Hall.

It's a perfect venue, but I guess it's perennially scheduled other than Mother's Day. It's such a perfect town I'd take mom and herself there... and sneak away to the festival while they were enjoying the shopping!

Phil

Sam Guidry 05-15-2018 03:00 PM

It's was a great show, unfortunately I was too busy at my table to take many pictures! Isaac Jang took pictures so hopefully he'll post them soon

Steve Kinnaird 05-15-2018 04:02 PM

I'll see if I can find a few for ya.
Stay tuned,

Steve

Steve Kinnaird 05-15-2018 04:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird (Post 5729554)
I'll see if I can find a few for ya.

Stay tuned,

Steve

Ok, here is setup time, 15 minutes before opening, Friday morning:

Attachment 8714

And here is 30 minutes later, same day, other end of room:

Attachment 8715

And then a view of the crowd on Saturday:

Attachment 8716

I was pleased with the amount of traffic at the show, and obvious interest shown by locals.
Can you spot Dion?

Steve

cigarfan 05-15-2018 04:43 PM

Guy in the light blue shirt scratching his beard?

riorider 05-15-2018 04:51 PM

You caught me in two of the three, Steve! (Purple shirt - almost invisible far left in 1st - talking to Mike Baranik, and talking to Paul Woolson and Butch Boswell center in the second. I own guitars by each of those guys - and bought a new parlour from Mike at the end of the show.

I did enjoy playing (briefly) one of Steve's guitars at the very end of the show - we were chased out by the gear guys striking equipment. Stunning work, brilliant tone and projection!

Cheers,

Phil

riorider 05-15-2018 04:55 PM

You can find some other great shots of the show and builders by Ken Totushek on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ktotushek

Phil

nacluth 05-15-2018 06:30 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Here’s a couple I got. Many apologies to the many I didn’t get. I typically make it my goal to make sure I get snaps of all the AGF sponsors. I failed big time at this event. I realized much too late that I didn’t take enough pics. Sorry Bruce, Peggy, Sam, Paul, and the others that deserved more snaps of your great work. Hopefully others fill in my lack of photography.

Kinnairds with Wilborns in the background

Attachment 8724

Isaac Jang’s two amazing instruments

Attachment 8725

Gage Halland guitar and rosette

Attachment 8726

Attachment 8727

Greg German guitar and peghead

Attachment 8728

Attachment 8729

Ben Wilborn with his beautiful Ebony Parlor jamming for the crowd

Attachment 8730

Mike Kennedy (Indian Hill) guitar and top of another

Attachment 8731

Attachment 8732

And the inimitably cool Dion Bews (guitar and artist)

Attachment 8733

Thanks.

Steve Kinnaird 05-15-2018 09:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So a couple more--Ryan and I can tag team this after a fashion:

Attachment 8734

A splash of color ^ that caught my eye in this Irvin guitar by Wayne Johnson. All natural woods. Guess them all and I'm sure Wayne will give you the guitar! :-)

Attachment 8735

Chris Mirabella was just around the corner from our table, so I was able to glean some interesting info on the above guitar. He calls it "Bourbon on the Rocks". Built for a jeweler who supplied the side fret dots here and other places on the instrument. Genuine diamonds (7 carats total) encircled by platinum. Let's see THAT in the next StewMac catalogue! And since a casual Saturday gathering at Chris' shop includes a bit of bourbon on rocks, Chris tinted the lacquer you see here with a splash of bourbon. All I could do to refrain from licking this guitar.

Guitars44me 05-15-2018 11:13 PM

Yay Pics

Thanks guys for allowing us armchair travelers to see some of the goodness!

Keep them coming!

Luthiers are the alchemists of music. Turning wood into songs...

Cheers

Paul

colins 05-16-2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riorider (Post 5729367)

Re: Mother's Day weekend - Shirley (Brent McElroy's wife) told me as I was leaving it was scheduled for Mother's Day weekend next year, too -- as that was the only weekend they could reserve Maple Hall.

It's a perfect venue, but I guess it's perennially scheduled other than Mother's Day. It's such a perfect town I'd take mom and herself there... and sneak away to the festival while they were enjoying the shopping!

Phil

My 92 year old mother has always approved of my guitar playing, so I'm sure she'll give me her blessing if I try to get to La Conner next year Phil!

Col

WayneJohnson 05-16-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird (Post 5729844)
So a couple more--Ryan and I can tag team this after a fashion:

Attachment 8734

A splash of color ^ that caught my eye in this Irvin guitar by Wayne Johnson. All natural woods. Guess them all and I'm sure Wayne will give you the guitar! :-)

Attachment 8735

Chris Mirabella was just around the corner from our table, so I was able to glean some interesting info on the above guitar. He calls it "Bourbon on the Rocks". Built for a jeweler who supplied the side fret dots here and other places on the instrument. Genuine diamonds (7 carats total) encircled by platinum. Let's see THAT in the next StewMac catalogue! And since a casual Saturday gathering at Chris' shop includes a bit of bourbon on rocks, Chris tinted the lacquer you see here with a splash of bourbon. All I could do to refrain from licking this guitar.

Ha, thanks for posting one of my guitars Steve, but I don't remember offering the name-the-woods trivia challenge, guitar give-a-way thing?.........Great show though, and it was nice to meet you!