The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Burton LeGeyt Renaissance Parlour (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445364)

CoolerKing 10-27-2017 08:29 PM

Any Pix from the Woodstock festival would be much appreciated!

nacluth 10-27-2017 09:00 PM

Well I didn’t play this beauty, but I will say it does not disappoint in person. Even in a very noisy hall, just a simple strum across the strings was impressive. Burton was away at the time I showed up (ironically at my table), so I stood in and answered some people’s questions about the headstock and shape. Everything I knew I learned from this thread which has been a delight to follow these past months. Thanks Matthew for letting us follow along, and boy it’s a purty thing.

TomB'sox 10-28-2017 06:42 PM

Matthew, I posted my "review" in the Woodstock thread and sent you a PM, trust me it is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoolerKing 10-29-2017 10:35 AM

Thank you very much guys! I'm sure Burton will chime in when he gets back to Boston and gets some rest. :)

CoolerKing 10-31-2017 05:18 AM

Just wanted to drop this one in my thread so some can put a name with a face and the finished project!

https://i.imgur.com/P32IgEZ.jpg

TomB'sox 10-31-2017 06:52 AM

When do you expect to have this in your hands? After all, only about a 100 of us AGFers have played it already....Man the percussion on that with my heavy gauge pick really got it vibrating...I'm sure Burton had some glue with him for the brace I knocked loose....

CoolerKing 10-31-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5522204)
When do you expect to have this in your hands? After all, only about a 100 of us AGFers have played it already....Man the percussion on that with my heavy gauge pick really got it vibrating...I'm sure Burton had some glue with him for the brace I knocked loose....

ROTFL. Don't know, waiting on the Calton case. I'm sure they'll just throw the braces and tuning pegs in the inside pocket. Those Canucks are good that way. :)

Dave Higham 10-31-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewpartrick (Post 5522150)
Just wanted to drop this one in my thread so some can put a name with a face

Surely that can't be Burton. Burton has a luxurious moustache and side-whiskers.

CoolerKing 10-31-2017 06:57 PM

I think at one time he did rock a beard and mutton chops but legend says he had a reverse Samson effect and when he shaved it off he became an uber-luthier. :)

Sam VanLaningham 11-08-2017 10:06 PM

Matt! Have you gotten this beauty yet? The reviews are rave and I NEED to know if the man behind the plan is overjoyed or if you can quantify your joy for us?

Pics with guitar or it didn't happen:)....or it did. Whateva!
Sam

Burton LeGeyt 11-10-2017 07:09 PM

Sam, It is still in my shop- A few more weeks until the fitted case arrives and then it ships off to Matthew. I'm sure he'll chime in when it arrives! I'll also have some nice studio shots before then too :)

CoolerKing 11-13-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burton LeGeyt (Post 5533416)
Sam, It is still in my shop- A few more weeks until the fitted case arrives and then it ships off to Matthew. I'm sure he'll chime in when it arrives! I'll also have some nice studio shots before then too :)

But can you confirm or deny that the steampunk rose engine automatically meant that you have had a waxed handlebar mustache and also a retired bare knuckle pugilist?

Burton LeGeyt 11-14-2017 09:26 AM

You know I started to dictate a response to this but just then the laudanum started to kick in so I had to take a brief respite..... :)

maurerfan 12-14-2017 09:33 AM

Assuming the guitar has arrived ... any review forthcoming?

justonwo 12-14-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurerfan (Post 5568350)
Assuming the guitar has arrived ... any review forthcoming?

No, Burton’s in rehab for the laudanum.