The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   LISTEN (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Saw Phil Keaggy last night (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531646)

steelvibe 12-16-2018 11:05 AM

Saw Phil Keaggy last night

My first time and I'm blown away. His stage presence (you feel his music), his tone, his skills, and even his character (witty and soft spoken).

I've been a fan for about 10 years but seeing him live was a true treat. I don't know what his live rig is but he has some of the best tone I've ever heard and I've seen a lot of great solo artists in a live setting.

I was late to the show and that was such a bummer because what I saw was nothing short of amazing and, judging by crowd response, I wasn't the only one in the room soaking in every note.

I did catch 3 songs before Trace Bundy (headliner) came out.

-To Make You Feel My Love (Bob Dylan cover)
-Legacy (original and very Michael Hedges-esk)
-Salvation Army Band (original and crowd favorite)

And a shout-out to Trace Bundy here as well! It was my fourth time seeing him so I guess you could say I'm a fan :)

slooky 12-16-2018 11:18 AM

I have seen Phil over the years although its been awhile. Yes he is really fantastic to see live. Probably my favorite with just a guitar and no band.

Wade Hampton 12-16-2018 11:41 AM

Yep. Seeing Phil Keaggy in live performance is an absolutely mind-blowing experience,

whm

KenL 12-16-2018 12:18 PM

Haven't seen Phil, but I live in Trace Bundy's hometown and have seen him play here. Great show!

Thanks for the clip, love that song.

tippy5 12-16-2018 01:20 PM

Many, Many Thanks.

Bob Womack 12-16-2018 04:25 PM

He's good, band or no. Worth every penny. Nice guy, too.

Bob

Daniel Grenier 12-17-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelvibe (Post 5920704)

I did catch 3 songs before Trace Bundy (headliner) came out.

What? Phil was opening act and Bundy the headliner? No offense but it should definitely be the other way around.

steelvibe 12-17-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier (Post 5921678)
What? Phil was opening act and Bundy the headliner? No offense but it should definitely be the other way around.

Trace is a local favorite and packs every Colorado show he books . Venues love him because he draws a crowd and is a super showman and entertainer. If you have not seen him live you should- he is a riot.

The first time I saw Trace he had a few people joining him for a show back in 2006. Those guys were little known then but turned my world upside down. I’ve never left a concert more inspired than that night. Who were the other guys?

Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour, and yes, Trace was the headliner for that show too.
Believe me, Trace was shocked to be sharing the stage with one of his all-time guitar heroes, not to mention being the main act. Keaggy floored me with his skills and if he comes back to CO I’m there!

rokdog49 12-18-2018 05:04 PM

I've seen Phil a number of times over the years since he is from right here in Northern Ohio. I saw him first when he was just a kid with his band "Glass Harp".
He was already a virtuoso on electric guitar. It is said that Jimi Hendrix saw Glass Harp back then in concert and said Phil was the greatest guitar player he had ever seen. Whether that's true or not, if you watch any of the old You Tube stuff with him then, it's pretty stunning.