The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Kinnaird Tx wood guitar FINISHED PICS!!! VIDEO ADDED (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631719)

TomB'sox 05-18-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blews (Post 7002879)
Congrats on a beautiful guitar!

I thank you for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcn (Post 7003116)
What a beauty, congrats! Just looks so darn playable, too :)

Thank you, just looked at your Michaud again, simply stunning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird (Post 7003787)
Alas it is time
To give up the rhyme
And all of the words
From thundering herds
Of the guitar nerds
Praising what they see
Creativity
In wood from Texas.
Should it perplex us
The top’s made of spruce?
No, we can deduce
With time it’s been tried
And like Tom, Texified

There were a lot of good rhymes throughout this thread,
I have gone back thru and laughed out loud as I read.
But your latest final poem could be the best,
Thank you John for your wit and your jest.

j. Kinnaird 05-18-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 7003837)
I thank you for that.

Thank you, just looked at your Michaud again, simply stunning.

There were a lot of good rhymes throughout this thread,
I have gone back thru and laughed out loud as I read.
But your latest final poem could be the best,
Thank you John for your wit and your jest.

Why thanks Tom. This has been a fun thread for sure and a really handsome guitar

Treenewt 05-18-2022 07:06 PM

Many congrats Tom, and kudos to Steve and Ryan for a really unique and gorgeous guitar. I’m super intrigued by the use of locally sourced wood for builds, and no doubt we’ll see more and more moving forward. Thanks for sharing the journey with us.

colins 05-19-2022 01:11 AM

That has to be the most elegant, good-looking guitar I've seen for a loooong time.

What a beauty! So many good points, but I particularly like the subtle burst on the back and the treatment of the bridge.

Mega-congratulations to the clever Kinnairds and the guitar's very fortunate owner.

Steve Kinnaird 05-19-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird (Post 7003787)
Alas it is time
To give up the rhyme
And all of the words
From thundering herds
Of the guitar nerds
Praising what they see
Creativity
In wood from Texas.
Should it perplex us
The top’s made of spruce?
No, we can deduce
With time it’s been tried
And like Tom, Texified

That last line is my favorite, and makes me feel a bit more justified in the use of this top wood from up north. Which as you say, is now Texified. Just like Tom! I feel that this spruce is much happier being a soundboard than a mast, like Tom is happier being in Texas than, well, anywhere else.

Our thanks to all for the very kind words and generous praise. And the noble attempts at poesy (look it up if necessary) were a lot of fun!

Steve

TomB'sox 05-19-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treenewt (Post 7003866)
Many congrats Tom, and kudos to Steve and Ryan for a really unique and gorgeous guitar. I’m super intrigued by the use of locally sourced wood for builds, and no doubt we’ll see more and more moving forward. Thanks for sharing the journey with us.

Yes, thank you very much. I love guitars as my signature says, but I love a guitar with a story behind it even more. To have all these local woods and even the hackberry scrap that turned out so beautifully as rosette and end wedge all make this even more special. The hand cut and inlay of the Texas Bluebonnet done by Steve is really the icing on the cake. This guitar will come up for sale someday if interested, but you will have to wait until I die for the chance to buy it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by colins (Post 7003962)
That has to be the most elegant, good-looking guitar I've seen for a loooong time.

What a beauty! So many good points, but I particularly like the subtle burst on the back and the treatment of the bridge.

Mega-congratulations to the clever Kinnairds and the guitar's very fortunate owner.

Thank you so much, what a great compliment. We changed the design a bit mid stream to try and achieve exactly the elegance you mentioned, so it makes me happy if that is appreciated.

nacluth 05-26-2022 09:47 AM

I thought someone might want to check out the video for this guitar. I forced Steve to make up some arrangements on the spot. He took it in good stride.

TomB'sox 05-26-2022 12:33 PM

Well there ya have it, everyone who wanted to know what a Mesquite guitar would sound like. Apparently, pretty good I would say. With that sustain it definitely reflects (see what I did) what I would think you would hear from a wood that is this hard. It came out great, my step-daughter is bringing it to its new home as we speak and I can give it a go first hand.

Again a shout out to Steve and Ryan. It would be hard to find another two guys as easy to work with as these two with so much talent. As a luthier friend of mine said at the last B.I.G., those Kinnairds really know what they are doing and do not know how to build a bad guitar.

Thanks,

Tom

Aspiring 05-26-2022 12:53 PM

Congrats Tom and to Steve and team! Very creative build and looks and sounds great.

From the recording it seems like it is a very rich bass with a lot of sustain.

cigarfan 05-26-2022 01:33 PM

Now that was a true to form "Texas" audition. Sounds very nice. Great job Steve, Ryan and Tom!

soma5 05-26-2022 05:00 PM

Just wow!!! Congratulations!

doodahdoug 05-27-2022 06:21 AM

Tom, congratulations on the completion of your beautiful new Texas themed guitar. Steve and Ryan have outdone themselves once again. It looks and sounds great and Steve's demo is probably my favorite in his series of Kinnaird guitar demos. May it bring you many years of joy!

Treenewt 05-27-2022 06:55 AM

Tom, that is a stellar sounding guitar! I absolutely love the concept you went for, and the execution by Steve and Ryan is superb. Enjoy every note!

blews 05-27-2022 07:45 AM

Gorgeous guitar! Love the theme....sounds incredible......I think Stephen and Ryan know how to build a little....just a little....LOL

Congrats!

TomB'sox 05-27-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspiring (Post 7009082)
Congrats Tom and to Steve and team! Very creative build and looks and sounds great.

Thank you, they did a great job.

From the recording it seems like it is a very rich bass with a lot of sustain.

I would agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarfan (Post 7009098)
Now that was a true to form "Texas" audition. Sounds very nice. Great job Steve, Ryan and Tom!

Yes indeedy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soma5 (Post 7009235)
Just wow!!! Congratulations!

Thanks so very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodahdoug (Post 7009521)
Tom, congratulations on the completion of your beautiful new Texas themed guitar. Steve and Ryan have outdone themselves once again. It looks and sounds great and Steve's demo is probably my favorite in his series of Kinnaird guitar demos. May it bring you many years of joy!

I am blown away, see my review below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treenewt (Post 7009549)
Tom, that is a stellar sounding guitar! I absolutely love the concept you went for, and the execution by Steve and Ryan is superb. Enjoy every note!

Thank you very much for your kind words.