The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Emerald Friday shipping video (December 14) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531411)

mountainmaster 12-14-2018 05:52 AM

Emerald Friday shipping video (December 14)

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...6007415188386/

With my X7 nylon in it! :wild: The one in amber right next to Evan's X10.

wickedwahine 12-14-2018 06:02 AM

Mine is in there too, around the seven minute mark - the blue nylon X7. Looks like we have siblings. :)

mountainmaster 12-14-2018 06:17 AM

Those blue waves are beautiful, wickedwahine. Christmas came early for us. :)

I must say that I was kind of surprised to see the bridge position on mine. I chose a longer 24.9" scale and I assumed it would result in a body join at fret 13, but it still seems to join at the 12th fret.
Well anyway, I'm sure Alistair made the guitar sound great. And now we wait...

wickedwahine 12-14-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainmaster (Post 5918578)
Those blue waves are beautiful, wickedwahine. Christmas came early for us. :)

I must say that I was kind of surprised to see the bridge position on mine. I chose a longer 24.9" scale and I assumed it would result in a body join at fret 13, but it still seems to join at the 12th fret.
Well anyway, I'm sure Alistair made the guitar sound great. And now we wait...

Thank you, yours is lovely as well. Did you get a tracking number yet?

mountainmaster 12-14-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedwahine (Post 5918581)
Thank you, yours is lovely as well. Did you get a tracking number yet?

Nope. But don't worry, it is still early in the afternoon in Ireland.

wickedwahine 12-14-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainmaster (Post 5918588)
Nope. But don't worry, it is still early in the afternoon in Ireland.

Haha yes, you are right. I ordered in July and was able to put aside the expectation for a while, but now that it seems real I am getting anxious again.

I should add, it was also nice to see Evan’s slimline model too. ;)

Captain Jim 12-14-2018 09:00 AM

Congrats to the forum members who are going to have a VERY merry Christmas! Some beautiful guitars on their way!

Earl49 12-14-2018 09:13 AM

I can't see the video without logging in to Facebook (no account) but I'll take your word for it. I did watch last week's video with my X30 in it, and others. Chloe sent me a link directly via email that worked.

Probably not helpful, but it seems to be coming a little slower this time due to the season. The latest tracking info shows mine being released from Customs in San Francisco as of yesterday noon. It will be a very Merry Christmas indeed around the carbon fiber room. ;)

mountainmaster 12-14-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Jim (Post 5918721)
Congrats to the forum members who are going to have a VERY merry Christmas! Some beautiful guitars on their way!

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl49 (Post 5918736)
I can't see the video without logging in to Facebook (no account) but I'll take your word for it. I did watch last week's video with my X30 in it, and others. Chloe sent me a link directly via email that worked.

I have no Facebook account either but I can watch that video. That is... once I click away the annoying popup which asks me to register.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl49 (Post 5918736)
Probably not helpful, but it seems to be coming a little slower this time due to the season. The latest tracking info shows mine being released from Customs in San Francisco as of yesterday noon. It will be a very Merry Christmas indeed around the carbon fiber room. ;)

I hope everyone will get their packages before Christmas. Personally I am not worried since the Netherlands are relatively close to Ireland and customs should not be an issue for shipments within the European Union.

Earl49 12-14-2018 09:56 AM

For me it isn't a pop-up I can click past, it is a whole new page, and the only option is logging into Facebook. And I tried two different browsers.

Guest 928 12-14-2018 10:09 AM

I'm with Earl, not a facebooker. According to Wicked, I have a pretty good looking slim-line on the way--something to look forward to.

GuitarLuva 12-14-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanB (Post 5918801)
I'm with Earl, not a facebooker. According to Wicked, I have a pretty good looking slim-line on the way--something to look forward to.

I'm with ya on the Facebook thingy, though I reactivated my account a few months ago so I could take a peek at mine. I just watched the video and while they're all beautiful guitars, yours stood out to me as I'm a real sucker now for royal ebony!

kramster 12-14-2018 07:45 PM

This is so cool looking at "The Man" showing his creations... some really fine instruments... Unc Evy's is one fine looker and the thin body looks perfect... wickedwahine also did really well ..ok everyone is getting great holiday stuff... If I just waited to get my 3 at once ... sigh..would have been cool...maybe I should start over... The carbon reveal colors are also cool looking.

new2guitar_eh 12-15-2018 08:02 AM

I just found my new favourite weekly show....the Emerald Reveal!

kramster 12-15-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh (Post 5919684)
I just found my new favourite weekly show....the Emerald Reveal!

It is that good for sure.