The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What are people saying about the new AGF CD Volume 1? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132293)

J.R. Rogers 07-07-2008 02:51 PM

What are people saying about the new AGF CD Volume 1?

What are people saying about Acoustic Guitar Forum CD Volume 1?

Bill Cory 07-12-2008 08:22 AM

Wonderful job -- Commercial Quality in every way!

I am listening to my copy right now, and it is FANTASTIC!

Great eclectic selection of different styles and types.

Excellent sound quality and production.

Really nice "flow" to it!

I haven't tied down an absolute favorite yet (2nd time through the CD) ... but for the instrumentals, I really like Fran Guidry's "Kui Lima" -- sweet! For the vocals, I think Joe Barbieri's "Headin' North" stands out beautifully.

It's right up there with my favorite CD's, in every way.

Thanks again! --
Bill

soundman48 07-12-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. Rogers (Post 1530188)
Anyone received their CD yet? How about a review?

JR

I received mine today J.R. There's something for everyone on this CD. I can't imagine what you guys had to go through to narrow it down to these choices. The diversity in this forum is amazing. For those of you that are still thinking about getting one, just take a listen to some of the samples http://www.acousticgallery.com/index...e=agf-cd-vol-1. Some great guitar playing (and singing).

wthurman 07-14-2008 03:54 PM

Got my CDs today... man, this thing is the best yet. I will say this: I'm humbled and honored to open the album... and I never expected such a thing. This is certainly an incredible effort by Russ and J.R. and all the members who submitted songs.

Having heard the submissions, I know they did a lot of work to make this all come together and they did an awesome job!

I only wish I were getting royalties for this. :D :D :D :D

riorider 07-14-2008 05:53 PM

listening (again) as I write...

What a great result of what must have been a mighty effort.

The production and flow and just all around quality of both the performances and sound engineering are top notch!

Thanks to all for this CD - and if you haven't gotten one yet don't wait!

Phil

gimme789 07-14-2008 07:37 PM

I have listened to the whole album start to finish, five times now, and must say, that is one fine album. With each listen, I hear different and new things. I especially love that it's a mix of styles and moods. Well done to everyone !!!

Duncan121 07-15-2008 09:19 AM

Cool Project.

Got to say this project was an honor to be apart of. It's cool to be apart of a community that supports and appreciates music from every angle. What a privilege to get to have a song on this CD. I feel very proud.

I heard most of the tracks and I love it. To everyone that was a part. Super thumbs up. ..You guys rock!!

cotten 07-15-2008 11:19 AM

I just received my CDs. Wow! We have some very talented people among us. I knew that already, of course, but this confirms it. It's going to be in my car and office and bathroom and such for a long time to come!

A lot of people deserve my heartfelt thanks for putting this thing together, from J.R., Russ and Rebecca, to Bernie Lichtenberger, Herb Hunter, Jim Tozier, Joe Fillmer, Eric Skye, Allen Shadd, Wade Thurman, Joel McKenzie and Tom Pullen, and to each of the artists who submitted songs.

This one's a winner! Thanks, friends. :)

cotten

Livingston 07-16-2008 08:31 PM

I got mine today!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Every song on there was GREAT. No kidding. Honestly...ask my kids. I kept saying, "Wow, I really like that songs," after every song.

Thanks to all who made the album possible. :up:

AgingPicker 07-16-2008 10:39 PM

Agf Cd

I got mine today, too.
I've heard about half of it so far, and its all good stuff.
Wow !

I've played "Headin' North" about 5 times already.
So powerful.

mellowman 07-17-2008 09:29 AM

Great Job on AGF CD 1!

I recieved my cd's a couple of days ago and have really been enjoying listening to these great tunes as I drive to and from work. Really makes the commute fly by!

All of the songs and performances are consistently top notch. There certainly is an amazing pool of talent represented in this forum. I was especially impressed with "She's Alright" by Marco Catracchia. Great tune, great playing and production, sweet harmonies!

My playing partner Brandt Williams and I are honored to have been included on this outstanding collection.

I was also really impressed with the quality of the mastering. The EQ and volumes seemed really consistent accross all songs. J.R. I'd be interested to know what hardware/software tools you used to do the mastering.

Thanks to J.R. and the entire crew that put so many hours into this labor of love. Great work!

Steve Freeman

Joe Barbieri 07-18-2008 07:37 AM

Hello all,

Got my CD's yesterday and I must say, it is a pleasure to listen to. It's humbling to be in such talented company. Having never had anything publicly released before, I have to say it's also just plain fun to be involved. Thanks again to all who worked on this project and to all the performers.

Joe B.

webcat 07-19-2008 12:47 AM

All I can say is Wow! I received my copies yesterday and I am really impressed with the wide variety of styles and the level of talent represented. I'm just glad I didn't hear any of the submissions before deciding to submit myself, I probably would have been too intimidated to even bother. I guess ignorance is bliss, because I would have missed out on being part of a very special project. As others have mentioned, I feel very lucky to be included alongside so many gifted players.

Congrats to all involved and a big thanks to those that volunteered their time and talents.

'Cat

Fliss 07-20-2008 01:25 PM

I received mine on Friday, and am awed by the talent of the contributors - well done to everyone involved! The whole album has a very mellow laid-back character somehow, and it hangs together very well as an entity. I suspect some of the tracks will be real growers, but a couple of early favourites are "Walls" and "She's Allright."

Fliss

daleyfolk 07-20-2008 09:06 PM

Thank you to all the mixers/producers, etc. You guys did a fantastic job. When I listened to the CD my eyebrows literally shot up. I'm impressed by the quality of everyone's recording and guitar playing. And doubly impressed by the compositions/song writing. Thanks to all the artists who shared their music for the project. Awesome:up: