The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New Lower Priced RainSongs??? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571104)

jonfields45 02-02-2020 10:04 AM

New Lower Priced RainSongs???

Musician's Friend seems to be covering a bunch of new lower price points, no pictures, but in-stock.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/rain...rrencyCode=USD

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...coustic-guitar

DebbieE 02-02-2020 10:27 AM

I bet they're lower priced because they don't have the electronics in them that it seems like they're guitars come standard with?

RP 02-02-2020 11:42 AM

Maybe they're finding that the CH models aren't selling well at the higher prices, and they're trying to close out existing stock...

AZLiberty 02-02-2020 01:11 PM

Pretty sure these are the discontinued Concert Hybrid models.

This is more or less the price point before the price increase. They have probably rounded up some old stock and are trying to move it out.

oscarvan 02-02-2020 02:33 PM

A page full of Timpani..... Fascinating. ;)

jonfields45 02-02-2020 03:40 PM

The prices appear to be the same as the old Concert Hybrid Parlor no electronics in a hard case, $1350 MAP.

MF runs their own models of Fender, Gibson, and Martin that hit lower price points. Maybe a MF custom order? It's not clear if cases are included as the Parlor says no case and the OM for the same price says case.

For $1600 they include a K&K.

For $1800 a Baggs Anthem.

This seems like just the right selection of products for addressing the 1-2K price points. However didn't they just abandon that price range by raising the price and then discontinuing the CH series (and discontinuing the H series) last year?

RP 02-02-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonfields45 (Post 6282422)
...However didn't they just abandon that price range by raising the price and then discontinuing the CH series (and discontinuing the H series) last year?

It made no sense to me at the time, and makes less sense now if MF is doing some sort of CH closeout. Rainsong said they'd established artificially low prices for the CH models for several years before announcing that they'd be raising the prices. Then a couple of weeks later they announce that they're discontinuing the CH (along with several other) guitar line. Now Jon sees that MF is selling certain CH models at the pre-increase, pre-discontnuation price. I've owned bunches of Rainsongs and really like their guitars, but this flip-flopping makes little sense and may very well undermine customer confidence...

Explorer 02-02-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLiberty (Post 6282335)
Pretty sure these are the discontinued Concert Hybrid models.

This is more or less the price point before the price increase. They have probably rounded up some old stock and are trying to move it out.

Yeah, this makes a lot more sense than all the speculation about any dithering on Rainsong's part.

kramster 02-03-2020 04:37 AM

I just cant imagine RainSong is playing any games here...it is the seller who is doing the pricing and maybe have the extra guitars or bought out all the older stock.

oscarvan 02-03-2020 05:13 AM

Don't forget Musicians Friend, Guitar Center and Music 123 are one and the same.

MiG50 02-03-2020 11:30 AM

I'll be curious to see how soon the Vintage and Nashville models make it into their catalog. But, as others have said already, it looks like they're trying to blow out existing stock of the Concert Hybrid series, now that it's discontinued.

RP 02-03-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Explorer (Post 6282633)
Yeah, this makes a lot more sense than all the speculation about any dithering on Rainsong's part.

Here ye, here ye! Let it be known from here on out that this is being established as a NO DITHERING ZONE. Violators will be excommunicated and sent to Arizona to serve out their sentences...

AZLiberty 02-03-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 6283254)
Violators will be excommunicated and sent to Arizona to serve out their sentences...

Uh oh... (looks around)

jonfields45 02-05-2020 11:21 AM

I confirmed with Dave at RainSong customer service that the new lower priced guitars being listed by Musicians Friend are inventory they purchased prior to the Concert Hybrid series being discontinued last year.

kramster 02-05-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonfields45 (Post 6284659)
I confirmed with Dave at RainSong customer service that the new lower priced guitars being listed by Musicians Friend are inventory they purchased prior to the Concert Hybrid series being discontinued last year.

Gee I wonder if this type of thing will catch on in other areas of consumerismness?